Author

New Monitors

Xsze

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 5, 2015 23:29
Thanks for responding

Quote:

On 2015-05-05 13:16, Ellon wrote:

but i can tell you that the EVE (SC207) are incredible...worth every penny. For my ears miles ahead of Adam A7x (cliché comparising i know). I dont think the JBLs are in the same league as the ones already mentioned

Thing is there's EVE's in that price range too, so I really couldn't comprehend what HS's really offer than.

Worth pointing out, I'm not looking into woofer sizes, but over price range and personally I would settle for smaller speakers if they can deliver the meat.

Quote:
Regarding Dynaudio BM5MKII and HS7...these are very different set of monitors. Price wise also! I adore the dynaudio sound...not fatiguing, very beautyful, very clear mids and highs and nice tight low end...a joy to work with. The HS7 are a bit the opposite but i like them because of that...they sound very raw! I always feel them as a strict teacher always demanding more from you. It took me awhile to get used to them but i simply adore them now...they are super accurate though if not as detailed as the Dynaudio...but costing half of the money!

So less detailed than Dyna's, Adam's are more detailed than Dyna's, so here we have something.

I guess you are talking about Yamaha's famous mid range, yes, exactly, they sound analytic for that reason, I always had that impression about them, like great set of tools (at least MSP's) to do some audio restoration or dialogues, not that interesting for music, but because of mid range, you can be assured you have something translating, because that's where music actually is, good set of tools for smaller places where you really can't fit extensive bass and work not that loud, you have money on the prize with that mid's, again I'm talking about MSP's and I have a feeling they are best Yamaha's one can find in that range, so expect even less from HS, more bass obviously.

Quote:

I think it's best to test the monitors and find your sweetspot. We each have our own preferences regarding monitors.

Of course, but I guess we are all somewhere where reality is, one can't deny some obvious things, yeah, it's personal, even more without a benchmark or strong preference, like in your example you are Dyna guy, so I sense what you mean when you say some things and I really wanted to stack you different things to see your reasoning and taste, so I can paint a picture, if you catch my drift.

Quote:

On 2015-05-05 17:10, Sunrise Travellers wrote:
We have a pair of original adam a7 monitors here in our studio and we are 100% happy with em.

If you ask me go for a pair of adam a7 or dynaudio bm6a mkii, you can find em in decent price now in stock or second hand cause dynaudio release the mkiii now. You cant go wrong with these... Monitors is a big investment especially if you are not rich so buy the best you can afford.

All in all monitors is a personal taste and know them good in/out in a first place, plus a decent acoustic treatment in your room.

Actually, I will probably just do that, last time I couldn't score A7's anywhere, but now I have time, still there's nice offers coming every now and than, like 300 euros for pair of MSP 5's and so on, really need to check out JBL one's, if you stumble upon Gearslutz, you would be more than tempted to try them at least, some folks swear by them there, so I will just do that, if all that is said is justified, I would pick them instead, that sweet spot thing is really something.

Thanks

Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : May 6, 2015 11:41
Adam A7 more detailed than Dynaudio...not in my book, not even close! I worked extensively with both...

Maybe im not the right person to talk about Adam (A5 and A7) because i grew to deslike their sound.

Which set of Eve or Dynaudio you can get for 700euros? With 6 or 7 woofer of course...

https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
Xsze

Posted : May 6, 2015 18:32
Quote:

On 2015-05-06 11:41, Ellon wrote:
Adam A7 more detailed than Dynaudio...not in my book, not even close! I worked extensively with both...

Never compared actual models, but their products in general, yes, Adam's are more detailed in general, that's their thing.

Quote:
Maybe im not the right person to talk about Adam (A5 and A7) because i grew to deslike their sound.

If you are basing your opinion solely on your personal taste, than you shouldn't really.

Quote:
Which set of Eve or Dynaudio you can get for 700euros? With 6 or 7 woofer of course..

Read again what I did write, price range, not woofer size, you did mentioned price range too and I mentioned EVE's, not Dyna's, so this question is pretty much fruit of your wrong interpretation.

It's obvious you can't be real about this without exaggerating some case and making things how they suit you, nothing new for someone hyping speakers with bold statements and just highly personal preference, that's internet, people throw best too much and too often and exaggerate stuff they own so they feel better about themselves and their purchase.

Nothing new, that's why I asked you bunch of questions about different models where different things overlaps and once you start just putting things in their place and in right hierarchy with what you said, than your main statement is debunked by yourself actually and shows how it's actually relevant.

It's based on your personal taste too much and nothing more than that, there's people who expand on their preference, but doesn't base their whole opinion on it, they make fine line between that and deliver what's actually helpful to someone else to make informed decision and not just hype him.
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : May 7, 2015 20:12
Quote:

On 2015-05-06 18:32, Xsze wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-05-06 11:41, Ellon wrote:

Never compared actual models, but their products in general, yes, Adam's are more detailed in general, that's their thing.

Quote:

If you are basing your opinion solely on your personal taste, than you shouldn't really.

Quote:
Which set of Eve or Dynaudio you can get for 700euros? With 6 or 7 woofer of course..

Read again what I did write, price range, not woofer size, you did mentioned price range too and I mentioned EVE's, not Dyna's, so this question is pretty much fruit of your wrong interpretation.

It's obvious you can't be real about this without exaggerating some case and making things how they suit you, nothing new for someone hyping speakers with bold statements and just highly personal preference, that's internet, people throw best too much and too often and exaggerate stuff they own so they feel better about themselves and their purchase.

Nothing new, that's why I asked you bunch of questions about different models where different things overlaps and once you start just putting things in their place and in right hierarchy with what you said, than your main statement is debunked by yourself actually and shows how it's actually relevant.

It's based on your personal taste too much and nothing more than that, there's people who expand on their preference, but doesn't base their whole opinion on it, they make fine line between that and deliver what's actually helpful to someone else to make informed decision and not just hype him.

I believe you are misreading many things in my words....there's no exageration nor the need to make things to suit me (i dont have any relation besides being a customer with any of these brands).

My opinion is based on my views on the mentioned monitors which result in EXTENSIVE use all of them be it the Adam, the Dynaudio, the Yamaha or the Eve..and of course in my preference of its qualities.

You can of course agree or desagree...more than that it's a bit strange!

Peace and I out....           
https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
Xsze

Posted : May 7, 2015 22:40
Quote:

On 2015-05-07 20:12, Ellon wrote:

I believe you are misreading many things in my words....there's no exageration nor the need to make things to suit me (i dont have any relation besides being a customer with any of these brands).

Yes there is, you are hyping monitors using exaggerated bold statements like "best in higher price range" and exactly, as just customer you are representing your purchase.

Quote:
My opinion is based on my views on the mentioned monitors which result in EXTENSIVE use all of them be it the Adam, the Dynaudio, the Yamaha or the Eve..and of course in my preference of its qualities.

Your opinion is your taste and nothing much than that, here

"In my school i was using Focals CMS50...which are great but also not my favourite type of sound. " - taste

"but i can tell you that the EVE (SC207) are incredible...worth every penny. For my ears miles ahead of Adam A7x (cliché comparising i know). I dont think the JBLs are in the same league as the ones already mentioned " - taste and bold statements like incredible, worth every penny, miles ahead, not in same league...why...nobody knows, because you never expanded on that, which is more important than what you did said.

Quote:
You can of course agree or desagree...more than that it's a bit strange!

With what, your personal taste and reasoning only known to you, with hyping speakers, with that I disagree and I called you out on it, why, because anyone reading should get more than someone's hyping and "believe me on it", they should get something that would really help them, like reasoning and expanding on statements, it's called picking a brain for a reason.

routingwithin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : May 8, 2015 21:33
Ok.. so i got my HS7's today. Have to say the overall quality is strait forward. With fine ears i noticed that they do zoom into the detail within the frequencies. An inexperienced producer would not realize a difference between previous monitors.. they are very subtle.

However. Synthesize a basic kickdrum and it will tell you.. WTF ... is that a kickdrum bro ??

Produced music sounds good as always.. you really only realize the fine print when you start playing with the frequencies..

in the end.. glad i got them and hope that in the future they surprize me even more..

" We are together in this matter you and I, closer to death, yes, closer than i'd like. How do you feel? - There can be no division in our actions, or everything is lost. What affects you affects me. "
Xsze

Posted : May 9, 2015 04:55
Glad you are happy

Did you checked anything else by any chance, maybe that JBL ones I was mentioning before?
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : May 10, 2015 21:35
There is an Indian company called Sonodyne making an excellent studio monitor... reasonable price and you're getting stuff comparable to Adams for much less.

Xsze

Posted : May 11, 2015 13:10
Thanks for heads up, but no trace of them in Serbia unfortunately

http://www.sonodyne.com/

routingwithin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : May 13, 2015 10:40

I wanted to, but the place where I bought them has very limited stock. So you can only order the ones you want. I did see some reviews on the JBL and the SC207 which looked good - but so did the reviews on the HS7's. In the end I went with my gut and it looks like I made a great choice.

Thanks guys for all the advice

" We are together in this matter you and I, closer to death, yes, closer than i'd like. How do you feel? - There can be no division in our actions, or everything is lost. What affects you affects me. "
Xsze

Posted : May 13, 2015 18:18
Quote:

On 2015-05-13 10:40, routingwithin wrote:

I wanted to, but the place where I bought them has very limited stock.

Yeah, that's the issue here too, many interesting stuff aren't in stock.
ansolas
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Jun 14, 2015 21:09
Anyone compared the following speakers:

KRK RP10-3 RoKit
KRK VXT 8
Adam A7x
Adam A8x

?           http://facebook.com/ansolas
http://ansolas.bandcamp.com/music
http://myspace.com/ansolas
http://soundcloud.com/ansolas
http://ansolas.de
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Jun 16, 2015 03:17
Tried out Yamaha's & JBL at a friends studio and definitely loved the LSR305's. Ordered the JBL's last night on sale.           Cuntus Maximus.
aseem
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Sep 3, 2015 12:44
I had LSR and Now I have hs80m. The thing with LSR every thing sounds good on them. When you mix on them, they sound good and not so good on the other systems. With yamaha it is exactly opposite. It is quiet hard to get good mix on Yamahas.. but if u do.. it sounds good anywhere.

Thats how I felt.. At the end .. i think it is about spending time with the monitor and your room.

https://soundcloud.com/aseem-2
smoker
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  115
Posted : Sep 5, 2015 13:30
buy tannoy reveal amazing
they are cheep monitors and sounds amazing !!!

here listing to tannoy reveal 502

-------------------------------------------------
https://soundcloud.com/user-537936268
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - New Monitors
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance