Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - New Monitors - Upgrade from A7
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

New Monitors - Upgrade from A7

loki
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Sep 22, 2011 04:50:55
Aloha folks. One of my trusty A7s is buzzing pretty bad, and I'm *thinking* of trying a different pair of monitors. Obviously I'll A/B what I can in shop, etc etc, but I'm just looking for any personal success stories (or failures) with monitors that are "the next step above" A7s.

Dynaudio BM6As? Haven't tried 'em! They're a front runner.

Mackie HR824mkiis? Haven't tried 'em! I feel they are in the same league as the A7s, but I've heard great reviews.

Genelecs, say 8040? Haven't tried it, expensive as hell, but I do hear they're damn good!

How about the Adam A8X? If I love the Adam crystal clear highs and even, if not powerful, bass extension, are these a great step up? Are they just A7s on steroids with better bass? That would be cool. Or are they not worth the cash?

So, uh, yeah. This thread again. Derp.

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room. ~Kurt Vonnegut
www.soundcloud.com/mixyott
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Sep 22, 2011 08:31
the X series by Adam even got new tweeters...they sound great and with 5 years of warranty with Adam you cannot go wrong..           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  120
Posted : Sep 22, 2011 13:31
i just can recommend the focal solos, im really happy with them. but watch out for different prices...           www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
vipal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  123
Posted : Sep 24, 2011 17:32
s1x, the old ones are well priced now at thomann, if they still have           http://soundcloud.com/vipal
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - New Monitors - Upgrade from A7

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance