Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

New Label is looking for *quality* music

pleiadian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : May 1, 2005 19:39
Dear all,

New label is looking for quality and innovative music.
What we look for is Psychedelic Progressive Trance music with a touch of sence and lots of intelligence.
If you are a GMS/Astrix/Infected Mushroom or the usual/average israeli clone in mind you have just disqualified. Give us nice full-on progressive psy trance.
If you have big fat cheesy leads dont think about it at all. Give us good ideas with the best psy impact but without the commercial messy attitude.. Give us tracks that we dont want to skip forward until the end. Think Flying Rhino for example, we need mental dance music with good production
IF you think that you can contribute please send email to pleiadian@hotmail.com for contact details about your demos.

only emails please

Regards

Urantia Records
chichma

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 16, 2005 14:47
Hey u should go and Listen Sensifeel stuffs...
In my opinion its the style u are looking for...
May be his side project Cyklones could be nice as well...u shuld contact him..
i let u his web adress:
http://sensifeel.online.fr
http://cyklones.online.fr

Good luck for u new label!
DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 18, 2005 23:22
Quote:

On 2005-05-16 14:47, chichma wrote:
Hey u should go and Listen Sensifeel stuffs...
In my opinion its the style u are looking for...
May be his side project Cyklones could be nice as well...u shuld contact him..
i let u his web adress:
http://sensifeel.online.fr
http://cyklones.online.fr

Good luck for u new label!

Sensifeel Indeed !!
Contact Nadi @ Domo Records,
nadi@domorecords.com

Bom BOm
BUju           www.domorecords.com
www.myspace.com/domorec
www.myspace.com/tupanrecords
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : May 19, 2005 00:26
"Give us good ideas with the best psy impact "

In my opinion a big fat cheezy lead in the right context could be ultra psychedelic..

i think this thread is cheezy! or slimy..hah
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 20, 2005 05:02
and route a lfo to the pitch or just use the pitchbend on that cheezy lead and you have instant psychedelic

im all for artistic freedoom...

your job is to find the good stuff, and not to demand it... thats how the big labels do... they have a concept which they shape their artists to..

such things are dangerous for art....

im just saying my opinion... of course a label should have some demands, but they should also inspire artists to write fresh stuff...

Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 20, 2005 20:04
pleiadian, i did not mean that its bad to advertise, and i respect that you dont want cliché stuff...
i think that its good that you are looking for quality music...

so sorry for the negativity! but i think that you understand what i mean with it... at least you can try to understand...

good luck, i bet there is lots of good full-on progressive psy trance around the globe...

just dont fall for the clichés and keep searching for new stuff...
psypox
Psypox / Bufo

Started Topics :  53
Posted : May 21, 2005 14:30
what about minimal psygressive music? ))           www.myspace.com/psypox
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 21, 2005 16:32
I do tend to agree with New Era. Way too many "labels" go to isratrance and ask for artists to sign up with them. No wonder why the music all sound so similar these days. It's become so convient to go to a forum and get all served on a"gold" tray.

What happened to actually go out and find the artists in real life? And to take the time it takes to find really new interesting talented artists instead of the same old overused artists or wannabe's that fload around in these forum's (incl. myself).

If your serious about runing a quality label that understand how the business operate and how things should be done (promotion wise, PR etc) then a forum like this is not the first place to start asking for artists.

No offense I dont know you guys and your "business" plans but it's just way too often that people seek the "easy" way to release as many CD's in no time. That's the essense why so much music is so boring and predictable in our scene.

Just my opinion.
Krell
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : May 21, 2005 22:42
I agree with HandA on this

Best of luck to Urantia with their project, remember to go find artists in the field also, if you are not already looking there

Perhaps try having a look at DJ Ruth / Meeloo - New artist, might be what you are looking for. Has a release on Crotus among others.

Kind Regards.

Krell

Label DJ>
www.jesterrecords.ca
Spindrift
Spindrift

Started Topics :  33
Posted : May 22, 2005 14:09
Quote:

On 2005-05-21 16:32, HandA wrote:
Way too many "labels" go to isratrance and ask for artists to sign up with them. No wonder why the music all sound so similar these days.

Why does it sound so similar?
Does all artists that visit isratrance make same sounding music?
When did the music sound so much more varied than nowadays?
"all music sounds so similar these days".
My guess is that your personal relation to the music or your ability to find it is the problem rather than labels finding music on isratrance.
Quote:

It's become so convient to go to a forum and get all served on a"gold" tray.

Convenience is bad?
It's much better if it's hard work to find artists you like?
Why?
To maintain a cosy elitist feeling?
Is it to make sure that if you don't have the contacts then you shouldn't be able to start a label?
Quote:

What happened to actually go out and find the artists in real life?

Who cares in what way you find the music?
Whats the point in spending money on air tickets to find the artists "in real life"?
Isn't that money and effort better spent on other things when starting a label?
Quote:

And to take the time it takes to find really new interesting talented artists instead of the same old overused artists or wannabe's that fload around in these forum's (incl. myself).

I thought the time you need to take for finding music is contacting artists and listeing to demos.
Thats what pleiadian is doing now by trying to find more demos.
If he only get crap demos from posting here he will hopefully not release it.
But if he find a couple of artists that is the style he's after, who cares what way he find them?
Quote:

If your serious about runing a quality label that understand how the business operate and how things should be done (promotion wise, PR etc) then a forum like this is not the first place to start asking for artists.

I don't know anything about Urantius, but for all I know they could be working real hard on making a super compilation and using all possible means to find the artists they need.
What do you know about what ways they try to find their artists?
Quote:

No offense I dont know you guys and your "business" plans but it's just way too often that people seek the "easy" way to release as many CD's in no time.

Again...easy is used as it should be something that is bad.
Why is it better if it's harder to do?
Elitism?
Quote:

That's the essense why so much music is so boring and predictable in our scene.

The essence of your post was what?
Is signing artists that you have not got to know thru real life contibuting to the "boring and predictable" music?
Is easier worldwide communication thru the internet making trance music boring?
Is ìt the lack of eltistic structure?
Or is it maybe only in your ears "music is so boring and predictable in our scene" nowadays.
Quote:

Just my opinion.

Opinion make it sound so factual.
I would maybe used a word like "speculation" or "rant".
I doubt many of the reflections you make is based on much more than some vague impulses on an emotional level.
It's quite obvious that you cannot judge the selection of music on a basis of if the label and artists connected in real life or not or if the producer is a visitor on isratrance.

Anyway...best of luck to Urantius...i hope you find the stuff you are looking for.           (``·.¸(``·.¸(``·.¸¸.·`´)¸.·`´)¸.·`´)
« .....www.ResonantEarth.com..... »
(¸.·`´(¸.·`´(¸.·`´``·.¸)``·.¸)``·.¸)

http://www.myspace.com/spindriftsounds
http://www.myspace.com/resonantearth
Trance Forum » » Forum  Scandinavia - New Label is looking for *quality* music

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance