Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - New Chillcode Release 2005 :: Entheogenic
← Prev Page
8 9 10 11 12 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

New Chillcode Release 2005 :: Entheogenic

traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jun 28, 2005 12:25
Quote:

On 2005-06-21 15:24, chillcode wrote:
I’d not heard of this being on the way, but just before their new album, Entheogenic have decided to hit us with something a bit special.

Just before their new album?           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Jun 28, 2005 13:59

May be he got a promo
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jun 28, 2005 16:40
I mean there's a new solo album on the way aswell?           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
chillcode
Chillcode Records

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 1, 2005 14:46
Quote:

On 2005-06-21 15:24, chillcode wrote:
Entheogenic album review from Damon from Psyreviews.com ......

Entheogenic

Dialogue Of The Speakers

Chillcode (Germany)

Wow. In a word.
I’d not heard of this being on the way, but just before their new album, Entheogenic have decided to hit us with something a bit special.

New track Aranyanyara kicks it all off, and it’s immediately one of their most accomplished tunes yet. Effortlessly fluid, with incredibly sweet lines and smooth bass. Their sound has matured and been held back from the previous albums, sounding light years ahead of even Spontaneous Illumination.

Ott, who remixes two tunes here: Timeless ESP and Ground Luminosity. Timeless ESP sounds the more like one of his own tunes, with deep and breathy bass, and an addictive slomo-dancey groove that suggests that the lad ain’t lost it with regard to his upcoming album. Ground Luminosity on the other hand, is nothing short of a masterpiece. Retaining the wide-eyed glean of the original, it’s been evolved like nothing else by Ott: spacier than anything on Blumenkraft, it’s an utter stormer. I’m lost for words (for once).

Vibrasphere pops up to rework Pagan Dream Machine, a wonderful and floaty journey through a vast array of gorgeous soft sounds. Very nice indeed, notable from the way that acoustic instruments slide in and out alongside electronic elements. More evidence, not that it were needed, that Vibrasphere’s downtempo output is more than strong enough for an entire album.

Youth’s remix of Without Thought has an amazing, unfolding quality to it. Staggering, with pokes of reggae singing over the top of a seemingly sentient bassline, that just moves and ambles along in an eerily awake way. At times it sounds more like Smith & Mighty, which is a good thing – proper fat dub, to rattle the blacked-out windows of your BMW.

The original (un-remixed) version of Timeless ESP is vintage fluid Entheogenic, with particularly nice acidy lines and curdling, squishy bass while Without Thought is sheer class… think a slowed-down squarepusher, with that sort of spontaneous free jazz vibe going on, while crystalline trance lines run up and down and around the outside. Really nice – this is likely to get caned at daytime sets in chillouts at the festivals this summer, and is as close to the mythical “psy-breaks” as anything else I’ve heard this year.

Also worthy of insane amounts of play is Abakus’ remix of Aranyanyara, which is one of the bravest and most original remixes I think I’ve ever heard. He takes the original, and still keeps some of its groove and vibe, despite layering it over an incredibly sweet and well-produced 125BPM 4/4 summertime housey pattern The breakdown is pure downtempo psy, and when it crunches back into the 4-4, it’s all about the way the two styles shouldn’t-work-but-do that makes it so damn appealing.

Finally Shulman takes on Spaced, going very far-out with a sort of jean-michelle-jarre-meets-roni-size vibe going on – which is as delightful and as perplexing as that description suggests.

All in all this is utter, utter class – I don’t recall such a varied and accomplished collection as this, and the combination of the diverse and eclectic remixes plus the decent new tunes make this one hell of a chillout album, the best released since Tripswitch’s Circuit Breaker.

Releasedate for the new Entheogenic album "Dialogue of the Speakers" is on the 13th of July 2005.

Be prepared for something mindblowin´!

chillcode
Chillcode Records

Posted : Jul 6, 2005 14:58

Pre-Orders for the Entheogenic album already possible on www.chillcode.net ...

The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jul 11, 2005 13:05
Quote:

On 2005-06-28 16:40, traveller wrote:
I mean there's a new solo album on the way aswell?

One can only hope.           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
chillcode
Chillcode Records

Posted : Jul 11, 2005 22:23

official release date deferred to 20th of juli!

pre-order still possible on the chillcode website, we ship out this week so that its middle of next week in your mailbox

Rui Ferreira
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Jul 12, 2005 00:41
...lovely cover
chillcode
Chillcode Records

Posted : Jul 12, 2005 12:21
Quote:

On 2005-07-12 00:41, Rui Ferreira wrote:
...lovely cover

thank you ... more colorful artwork you can see in the 8-sided booklet which you can fold-out and use as a poster for the wall.

chillcode
Chillcode Records

Posted : Jul 12, 2005 20:50

back to the original releasedate again, 13th juli

the album is available at:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/chi/chi1cd003.html

now!

Star-Trooper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 12, 2005 21:33
Quote:

On 2005-07-12 20:50, chillcode wrote:

back to the original releasedate again, 13th juli

the album is available at:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/chi/chi1cd003.html

now!

you're killing us!
site says 'Released: Jul. 2005/29'           To Infinity And Beyond!
chillcode
Chillcode Records

Posted : Jul 12, 2005 21:47
Quote:

you're killing us!
site says 'Released: Jul. 2005/29'

'Released: Jul. 2005/29' means the 29th week 0f 2005, not the 29th of july.

its already available at psyshop.com

kin beat
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Jul 12, 2005 22:11
awesomeeeeeeeee           www.instagram.com/ckloro
www.twitter.com/ckloro
Rui Ferreira
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 01:29
yupieee!!! Time to get my copy!
alux

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 01:34
oh man!!! i´m sold all right! ott, shulman, abakus and youth remixes?! oh wow!!
but saikosounds doesn't have it in stock!!
And its not in their future stocks either. Any idea if they´ll be selling it?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - New Chillcode Release 2005 :: Entheogenic
← Prev Page
8 9 10 11 12 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance