Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

NATURAL ORDER @ NEW VENUE!!!! 25th JANUARY 2003

Nik
Error Corrective

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 16, 2003 18:11
NATURAL ORDER, 25th JAUNUARY, 10pm start

6-9 RATHGAR ROAD, LOUGHBOROUGH JUNCTION, BRIXTON.

A new venue has been found!!! and its one that we've all been waiting for! This place is spacious (capacity 800-1000?), tall ceilings, has three rooms including a massive chill space, and is very reminiscent of the warehousey Tyssen Street vibe! The venue is only 30 second walk from Loughborough Junction Station.

we've had some good times at Medussa but now feel that its time to move on and step it up a bit.
we hope that this new venue will help to create something beautiful - not just for Natural Order but for the whole scene in london. we need all of yers there to help it off the ground and to make this one hell of a party!!!!! we'd all love to see you there.....

Line-Up

PsyTrance

Aphid Moon LIVE (Dragonfly)
Jamie Robinson (Karma)
Shalee (Resident)
Full Lotus (Kundalini)
Nix (Resident)
Tom Anteater (whooooo?)

Funky Eclectism

Pedrito (Resident)
Dreadnaut (Resident)
Disorda (Resident)
Tequila (Planet Angel)
Nexus

Global Beats

Daniel Spencer (Resident)
Nick Interchill (Interchill Recs.)
Solar Quest LIVE
Nuron (Resident)
Diablo

Tickets: £8.50 (£9.50 card payment) available from AccessAllAreas, £10 on door.
Infolines: 07976 377891 07976 223744

tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jan 16, 2003 18:15
well i'll be there this new venue sounds cool!           >>love will tear us apart...<<
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 17, 2003 18:12
I was there on NYE for Pendragon & its a really good venue - reasonable size downstairs and not much smaller upstairs.

Think there was about 1000 in and it was full without being uncomfortable.

Main downside - its about only place I've ever got muddy in an upstairs toilet! Not sure how the bar works - presume its the owners doing its - but it was expensive at £2.50 for water or lucozade & £3.50 for a bottle of becks (not that I was drinking much - but its nice at beginning or end of night).

Where are you going to have your third room? There was a small space on way into main room which was used as a chai shop area on NYE - but its a bit small (and cold) to have as a chill area.

Overall - its a great venue - heard it was being done up by owners of 414 - but not sure how much they're doing it up (if at all) or when.

John
www.dionysus-ss.co.uk
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jan 26, 2003 19:28
well holy cow that was fun! Natural Order moved to a new bigger venue, and filled it immediately with a great crowd of people...

The venue was MUCH better than the medussa. More spacious with high ceilings and big rooms....(hang on i sound like an estate agent).

The whole party just seemed a lot more professional than on previous occasions.... closer to the feeling of Chichime or the last Fairy Tales. Lim lim always likes her party to have a smaller intimate feel.... and that was preserved I think (e.g. the crowd was very friendly)... just that the sound, venue, etc was more professional (even the security, who were a bit more zealous)

before i forget: the chillout area was excellent! Music was strong with Nick Interchill and PD (not sure what DJ name he was using) amongst others. I spent quite some time in there (and because I was enjoying it, NOT because I was running from the main room).

Umm music in the main room started with mr anteater and he was taking no prisoners. He covered all the psy trance bases... some progressive stuff moving through mr peculiar to hard psychedelic mayhem (Boom records type stuff). His last tune was Monastic Squid's Suit Up and it went down a treat. It was a great set and set me up for the rest of the evening!

Then we had Full Lotus and i enjoyed his set a lot... great regular flavour FullOn, plus tunes by my favourites altom and orion (pots and pans yum yum)..... then Shalee who played very very hard and dirty.... must have been up in the higher reaches of 145 - 150 .... too rich for me I am afraid...but the crowd was enjoying it and so was he

But the big happy surprise of the night was Aphid Moon. He played a blistering live set.... I was blown away by it. It was basically DJd off his mac... but the music was strong, was DJd very well, and worked superbly as a set. My favourite was the tune which Kristian pointed out to me had a similar bassline to the old pioneering tune 'i feel love'... smart idea I was rooted to the dancefloor, and wished he could have played for more than an hour.

Ok then Jamie Robinson, Nix, finishing with Full Lotus again for a bit. I have to say I was in and out of the chillout room during this part (the party ended at 7.30..... i arrived at 10:30 so i was shattered...). What I heard was good fullon.

In fact the music was excellent for most of the night. It was way too quiet at the beginning because they were worried about blowing the power. Indeed there were several blackouts during the first couple of hours.... By the end the sound was much better.. certainly MILES better than at the medussa. Hopefully it can be tweaked a bit for next time....

Oh yeah... just glancing again at John's post above... the drinks were out of control! They were 3.50 for a bottle of beer as you say, 2.50 for water. On the other hand you could buy (regular) Chai downstairs in the chillout room for 1.50... So the upshot is I bought 3 or 4 cups of chai and 1 beer, and no water. Weeeeellll it was a nice change being 'silver'....

anyway.... i have gone on a bit.... but that's cos I wanted to get over that Natural Order has really taken a big step forward with this party! I will be at their next party FOR SURE!

Thanks lim lim, nick, joe, PD and everyone!
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jan 26, 2003 22:42
Okey...Well, i never been in the old venue, but what people told me its much better, the place is pretty big with 3 area's, the chill out area was very good, nice people and finally good music.

on the main room, we got in and our Tomy was playing really nice tracks from progressive to full on, his mixing in my opinion was better the all the dj's that play there, the only problem was that it was the begining of the night and not lots of people heard his set.

i gotta tell you it was also abit cold on the main floor which gave me a bad feeling.

and i'll tell you the truth i didnt liked the music so much all night, exept aphid moon that gave some nice killer tracks but also was some part that was very boring, and i dont think that puting a laptop and mixing on Traktor software is a Live act (more like dj's set to mee), the other dj's were mixing pretty well, but the tunes that they put was not that good.

all in all...it was a nice party, if i give it a rate, it will be 6/10

cheers           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jan 27, 2003 04:52
I haven't had so much fun in ages!

Lovely fluffy crowd, snug chill-out and bright decorations. Though the venues better, its really the people that made it special - Nice one Tom, Jon, Asi, Kristian, Mark, and that flirtatious Singaporean manga-doll that kept slapping my ass on the dancefloor - (I want your number!)

Tom played a wicked set but the rig was still warming up, sound quality and volume seemed to gradually improve with time! Hadn't heard that Monastic tune before- very nice. And he mixeth very well indeed!

Apart from Tom and Aphid Moon, the rest of the musical offerings on the mainfloor werent my cuppa magicchai, some tracks pitched up so fast it went a little gabba. Jules Moons music works very well in clubs, a litle retro Goa, no cheese, hold the bouncy basslines please. Ta.
Jamie robinson played a few brilliant tracks as well.

The visual projections could not have been in a worse place, hung high up, one third of the way down the hall and facing the crowd's back - seemed a little wasted.

Highlights in the Chillout for me was PD and his 'bear necessitys' tune, followed by two hilarious German rap tracks and Nick Interchill's professional marshmellow beats. Perfect setting for a chai and baclava-fuelled chillum session.
I missed Solar Quest, who usually impress. Anyone know if they turned up?

Sadly the party had to end a little sooner than planned, I left achy yet invigorated - happy to be at the right place at the right time and having finally, if only briefly, been able to lose myself in dance again.

Thanx Lim-lim, Natural Orders going from strength to strength!

Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
Nik
Error Corrective

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 28, 2003 17:57
well done guys! thanx to all you made it down to loughborough junction to make it a wicked party.

i have to say sorry about the drinks prices, i was more pissed off than anyone cause i do like a beer, or two, or maybe five or six.......! We will try and sort that one out for next time.
and shame about the early close, we had hoped to go on longer than that, not sure why this was, but, oh well.......

we'll try and iron out those creases for next time. hope that everyone had a superb, naturally ordered experience !?!!

that monastic squid tune was pretty damn good i need a copy!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - NATURAL ORDER @ NEW VENUE!!!! 25th JANUARY 2003

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance