Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - NANO RECORDS (CD002) - Compilation - Dilation CD
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

NANO RECORDS (CD002) - Compilation - Dilation CD

homsy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  158
Posted : May 21, 2003 18:47
www.psymag.com - Review:

NANO RECORDS (CD002) - Compilation - Dilation CD

Track list:
1. Toxic dart (trip wire rmx) - THE ELECTRIC ANT
2. New directions - PROTOCULTURE
3. Devils playground - BROKEN TOY
4. Suffocation dividend - BENT SENTIENT
5. Vicious cycle - APHID MOON, ELECTRIC ANT
6. Fucked up - GREEN OMS
7. Sheep satellite - RINKADINK
8. Feels good - HYDROPHONIC
9. Wacko - HYDRAGLYPH

Released: April 2003

http://www.nanorecords.co.uk/

Nano records strikes gold here with this new and exciting release. Driving
powerful progressive/full psychedelic hits. This is Nano’s seconds compilation, emergence was the first, and is another proof to the excellent fresh sound produced in south Africa (6 tracks) and the UK today. This is the progressive future of psychedelic trance, strong, aggressive, hard & psychedelic, deep & intelligent. I have been listening to this album over and over and my love for it is just emerging and progressing as the days go by. This one is not to missed, been tested all over the place and proven to be top quality. Possessing sound that is full with integrity and character, honest and straight forward. Electric ant with Toxic dart (Trip Wire mix) come first, it is a nice way to set the mood, "very exciting moment in history", progressive, psychedelic, happy, mysterious, funky, & delirious. New Directions by Protoculture is one of those tracks that just stand out, starts off as if it was a blessed ambient piece but do not be mislead..., the track opens to a fun, emotional, melodic atmosphere that is wrapped by an engine that just leads to an "extreme jumping around syndrome" and in some cases might be followed by a sense of euphoria, behold, a psychedelic carnival. Another one of the fav's here is Devil's playground, produced by Broken Toy, dark, funky, possessing an excellent flow, progresses all the way through, aggressive and psychedelic, never a boring moment with this one. Suffocation Dividend, Bent Sentient own, has a bouncy baseline that adds a bit of humor to this compilation and has a more downbeat sunny afternoon edge to it, dreamy, melodic and psychedelic but also enhanced with the chaos the album inflicts. Aphid Moon (Dragonfly UK) collaborates with The electric ant to bring fourth Vicious Cycle, pretty long and annoying intro that is also inserted in as the track progresses, I would have done without. All round this is another well produced track with a nice flow and mystic to it but has nothing that really stands out. Green Oms (Dragonfly UK) deliver another killer hit with Fucked up!, excellent exciting climax after the buildup at around 4:00, positive elevation for the spirit. Rinkadink, that has become a favorite of mine recently, producing one hit after another, doesn't seem to fail me again, his track Sheep Satellite proves yet again that this emerging new artist is a definite name to mark down. Deep fast sliding bass line progressing forward aimed straight at the mind followed by the legs and body. Hydrophonic again a name that needs to be inserted in ones brain keep up the Rinkadink spirit with Feels Good, psychedelic, deep and powerful, samples of screams running through adding to the feel of the outdoors, where it should be heard. Hydraglyph - Wacko is last but definitely not the least, opening slowly, as if pausing the atmosphere and sending a farewell, but we all know that things are not yet over, soon the beat slashes through, progressing slowly, entering the melting point at 2:23 and from that point there is no looking back...

I basically loved all of the tracks on this CD and felt that each have its
own independent appeal yet sits in this compilation well.

SA & the UK have proven in the last few years that making great innovative
music is their cup of tea, I am just sitting back and enjoying the produce.

This CD has been my favorite in the last few month and is highly recommended.

worth the extra mention: 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9

Official label relase information:
The eagerly awaited follow up to our first CD release, "Emergence", has been
released. The CD consists of 9 frighteningly good, pupil popping, sizzles of
sonic sorcery! From The Electric Ant comes the crazy, deep, throbbing 'Toxic
Dart' that leads into the awesome 'New Directions' from Protoculture, which
has been an enormous track this summer in Cape Town. Following this is the
more full-on 'Devil's Playground' from Broken Toy. Next up is the very
cheeky 'Suffocation Dividend' from Bent Sentient that is sure to be massive
having seen the damage it's done to dancefloors here and then is the perhaps
even cheekier 'Vicious Cycle', that has been putting smiles across the faces
of many recently; a collaboration between The Electric Ant and the excellent
London based Aphid Moon. Staying North of the Equator, we have a brilliant
track from Jonny Om and Dick Trevor's Green Oms that is called 'Fucked Up',
which explains alot.. Rinkadink's equally bonkers 'Sheep Satellite' is
another huge tune which is followed by the lovely funkfest 'Feels Good' from
Hydrophonic. The Album is finished with a beautiful dancefloor goose pimpler
called 'Wacko' from Hydraglyph.

ANOTHER KILLER FROM THE NANO LAB....
          Trancelucent Productions
http://www.trancelucent.com
----------------------
Boa Distribution
| info@boadistribution.com | http://www.boadistribution.com | FAX: +972-46101463 | Tel: +972-524742297 |
--------
PSYMAG.COM - GLOBAL TRA
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Jul 16, 2003 09:16
I can’t believe people did not talk about this c.d.
Once again Nano Records prove they are #1 concerning intelligent psychedelic full on music.
I bought something like 5 c.ds, and for already a week now, none of the other cds have been opened, since I can’t stop listening to this one.
Amazing morning full on, many times even goa, but what goa!!!

Super super recommended! This c.d is as good as Nano’s first compilation if not better even at times.
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jul 16, 2003 11:16
i love - protoculture - new directions.           Believe your soul !
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 16, 2003 11:18
Oh yeah Zombi.
Track #2 is amazing! Such beautiful goa sounds.
Besides, Protoculture had excellent tracks in the first Nano compilation.
          Majority is never right!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Luiz Paulo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 16, 2003 14:02
Protoculture is the new king of fluff. simply amazing...be on the lookout for the album around september.

btw, I liked the first one more. some stuff here (specially the "imported" music from UK) not really on par with the rest imo. But "New Directions" is a masterpiece...           the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist....
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 16, 2003 14:53
Protoculture is great morning music with excellent production, I love their track on this comp           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Nano
Nano Records

Started Topics :  84
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 21:07
Thanks Raver Girl for the good words and everyone else!!! Dilation has behaved funnily as it's travelled around mankindmind...

We've taken note of all your excellent feedback.. Watch out what's coming next...
amazon
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  37
Posted : Jul 23, 2003 17:33
i think you guys will be putting the protoculture album out? or?
i am curious, as your CD002 has been excellent evolution from the already mighty CD001....
BEst of luck in the future...you have really defined your own style.           BOOM 2006 www.boomfestival.org
"the journey is the reward"
-*protoculture*-
protoculture

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 24, 2003 03:44
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Clarity, a new compilation from Nano will be out shortly, followed by my album in late September.
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 24, 2003 09:33
Your upcoming album is excellent news!!!
          Majority is never right!

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Guto Franklin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jul 24, 2003 20:47
This Compilation is KILLER >>> i cant stop listening to it !!
My Favorites R :

1 - Protoculture - New Directions (The very best track to be played at the Morning Hours... protoculture must come to brazil soon!)
2 - Hydraglyph - Wacko (Great Track... FUN MUSIC.. some great vocal samples hahauhau)
3 - Hydraphonic - Feels Good (Killer Bassline)
4 - Broken Toy - Devils Playground (Awesome Track!! Congratulations)            (<P S Y D E>) (<K A B A L L A H>) (((BRAZIL)))
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jul 24, 2003 21:15
Very nice compilation - but not as good as the debut compilation "Emergence" (one of the best from 2002 imho).

No doubt about my personal highlight here: Protoculture - New Directions is an excellent track for the morning hours, and deserves a perfect 10.

Overall I would give the compilation 8/10 - nice work           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Olli
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jul 25, 2003 16:39
weeeeeeeeeee, this is such a good CD!!!
This CD is making me smile and move like no CD has done in a long while. This is a very lovely compilation indeed!!!           The Only True Freedom is Freedom From the Heart Desire
dantzdantz

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 8, 2003 03:30
As I loved the NANO comp Emergence I couldn't wait for Dilation. I'm not disappointed, I like it more.
Track 2 as everyone else seems to say here, is my favourite. Excellent news that Protoculture will soon release a CD.

track # 8 & 9 are brilliant too.

Nice one NANO - thanx.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - NANO RECORDS (CD002) - Compilation - Dilation CD

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance