Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Namaste From Russia Volume 2 - Indigo Records - 2007
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Namaste From Russia Volume 2 - Indigo Records - 2007

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Dec 19, 2007 20:47
Title: Namaste From Russia Volume 2
Artist: Various Artists
Label: Indigo Records
Date:10/2007
Tracks: 10
Mastered by:
Cover Art: Keerych & Tsolho. Luminokaya Lab
Compiled by: Nowhereman
Cat. #:IND002

Tracklist:

01 - Deja Vu Fabrique - Mini Naked Race Car - 11:21 [148]
02 - Samadhi - Kalinka Psymalinka – 8:42 [148]
03 - Dissociative - Scalopendr 3000 – 7:42 [148]
04 - Fungus Funk - Deja Vu Poetry – 6:04 [147]
05 - Abnormal Project - When The Goblins Appear – 7:10 [146]
06 - Red - White Night – 6:09 [152]
07 - Dominator - 400 Volt – 6:49 [150]
08 - AeroFurious (Furious vs Whoop) - Atom Core – 8:19 [150]
09 - Psykovsky vs Deja Vu Project - Ketzakoatl – 8:36 [150]
10 - Ilmush - Birth Of The World 5:49 [120]

Namaste from Russia 2 is the second release of Indigo Records. Indigo is the result of 2 friendly labels – Deja Vú Records and Vertigo Records, that in the words of their owners “were united in inspiration to give you all the best of electronic music in the world” – well it all comes down to tastes, but this CD is really something, and for what I have been reading in IsraTrance forum, people have been giving a good feedback on this CD.

But let’s go travel in the waves of this CD:

Track nr. º 1 is Mini Naked Race Car, and it is a track produced by Zolodarenko (R.I.P.). If you have heard his posthumous CD – Déjà Vu Fabrique - you will find several resemblances to some tracks of that CD, or even some music by Terminator, another project by Zolod. When I 1st saw that this CD was bringing more music by Zolod I knew I had to get this CD. This music starts and like the title suggests we are in the world of motorcycled sports. We can hear some engines working, that feeling of the vehicles going fast has hell, but always with the some FX here and there, and a nice groove in the bass. We also have some funny samples, and some laughs, giving a little bit of humour to the track. This track is almost 12 minutes and about the middle of the track we are imbued in the characteristic psychedelic environment that Zolod, created so well – if you know his works and you are familiar with his music you will know what I am talking about. Favourite

Now we move to track nr. º 2, Samadhi, with Kalinka Psymalinka, and Samadhi again makes presence after having contributed with one track on Namaste From Russia 1. This track runs around the 148 BPM´s, it starts with some small leads appearing here and there, creating the mood to this track, then at 1:25 minutes we have some interesting spiral sponge leads accompanied by some works of percussive elements, and I think they are congas, or if they aren’t they are similar. After this work some twilight sounds in the mixture with more dynamic and acid leads. One thing that happens in the track almost in the end of it there is some popular music from Mama Russia. I think it is called Kalinka and it is very well combined with the work of psychedelic trance, and the transitions from one style of music to the other are very well achieved. Favourite.

Scalopendr 3000 is the work by Dissociative. It starts with some samples about taking “…half a gram…”.About 2 minutes of the track, some looping sounds enter, and there is some FX in the background. After this labour some sounds very similar rubber appears. The track is somehow interesting but it really didn’t catch very well my senses.

Deja Vú Poetry is track nr.4 and this one is produced by Fungus Funk, a producer that already has dozens of releases in compilations and has an album released called “F People”. This is the kind of producer that explores very well “territories” of night and day, adding lot of grove ness in his tracks. The track begins with some soft melodies and with the sample: “it starts so simply”; then at 1:00 minute starts the trademark of Fungus Funk, with a particular lead that I think he uses and distorts it very well, achieving a great rhythm. This lead is very acidic, and very twisted - some hypnotic sounds in the background, not much, but the sufficient to create a nice environment in this track, but the work, reeal work is on the lead that comes “more in your face”, that we can hear through the music. Favourite.

Abnormal Project appears in this compilation with a 146 BPM tune. This track called When The Goblins Appear, is maybe, from all the tracks of Namaste From Russia Volume 2 the more light side orientated, with interesting melodies, but always accompanied with a huge psychedelic in the background, with lots of effects, acid lines, sponge and twilight sounds - this is no fluffy music, by the contrary, this track rocks, allowing the crowd to “breath a little bit if you mixing some “hard” music, and in my point of view is ideal to spin it during the day, I mean, this music can be played any period of the party, but I think it suits better in the day. The track is very dynamic, and it never becomes boring with the use of so many sonorities. Favourite

Now enters Red, with the fastest track of the compilation. White Night revolves around 152 BPM´s, and this one, on the opposite of the previous track, is aimed to the night period. Red, a former student of architecture, builds a tune with excellent hypnotic sounds very strident, with a base of a kick and a bass line very strong and the combination of the various sounds give a sensation of deepness and music designed to our inner self. I think this track is leaning for self reflection and to the “discover of our true selves”. The track has a huge brake at 2:36, only stopping at 3:27, almost a minute of breakdown, but in this “space” the acid lines, the psychedelic that we can hear is very continuum, and nothing at all aggressive. This is the exponential period of reflecting hearing this track. Like I said before, this is the fastest track of the compilation, but with this kind of leads and sounds the kick and bass somehow step into second plan, to another dimension, leaving you fully open to surf in the waves of the leads. What a sensation I get on hearing this track – maybe it is because yesterday I drank to much wine and today I am more vulnerable to the sounds, but frankly, what a trip!
Favourite.

Track 7 is by Dominator, 400 volts is an “electrifrying” track, with the characteristically sounds of this project. To be really honest there are some nice parts in this track, but in the overall, this isn’t one of the best tracks I heard from Dominator – this music has lots of percussive elements giving nice rhythm, but I think it stayed far beyond what this project can create. My opinion of course.

In track nr.8 – Aerofurious – we have a collaboration track between Whoop and Furious. This is exploring other “fractal lands”, because this is “fast music”. The 1st minute is relatively calm to the rest of the track. As the track runs I hear always elements of sound being added to the track, creating a nice psychedelia, it almost seems the track is always speeding up. One thing I really enjoyed in this one was the labour of the hit hats, an element that very well used makes wonderful on the music and on the dance floor.

Track nr.9 is a pearl. This music is simply magnificent. Psykovsky and Deja Vú Project (Zolodarenko + Gosha) transport you to another dimension with the sounds that come with Ketzakoatl. It seems to me this track is a little bit oldie - and music from this quality shouldn’t remain for so long kept in the studios of the artists in my own opinion of course. What to expect of this track? Well this one runs in the mood of the track released in the Kill Bill compilation – the Only Love We Will Take track. Expect massive tones of psychedelic effects, and sounds you think where on earth did this came from? This is the result of 3 brains working together. There is lots of dynamism in the track, and there are parts more aggressive, others calmer, and others a little bit lighter side - and almost in the end of the track expect an explosion of sounds after a great build up! This track creates “something” I can not express in words - the deepness, the environment; the mood of the track is really something, which I can’t seem to fully express. You have to listen to it to understand. Even at the end the melodies are bautifull…My gosh I going to cry with this track hehe. “The” favourite.
Ps: I have read in isratrance that this is a remix track of the Erlkoenig track on Psykovsky debut and in fact they are very similar, so it seems this is a remix…

In the end we have a bonus track called Birth Of The World, by Ilmush, it is an ambient track very smooth, very simple and it is a very nice way to end this compilation.

The Artwork is made by Keerysh & Tsolho in Luminokaya Lab. And it is quite interesting specially the back cover – psydelicious.

So to conclude my review I just want to say: this CD is very well spent money. In a CD which has 10 tracks and I enjoy 7, it was well spent money. The sonorities used in here, in my opinion are very danceable, and highly psychedelic.
I recommend to all lovers of Russian sounds go get this CD. You won’t regret it.           ...
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Dec 19, 2007 20:59
This is a strong release from Indigo Records... many good tracks - Dejavu Fabrique(!!), Samadhi(!), Abnormal Project, Red(!!!), Dominator, Aerofurious, Dejavu Project Psykovsky(!!!)...

And if you noticed the Dejavu Project vs. Psykovsky track is more like an edit of Psykovsky - Erlkoenig from the Debut album

Nice review andre

ps - the Red track is more like 150.3 BPM to be exact, not 152
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Dec 19, 2007 21:15
^^^yep the deja vu project track + psykovsky seems an edited version
the bpm i putted on the red track was the one that is coming in the cover - will check later the real bpm
i´m glad you enjoyed the review.
Mesq
Reality Pixie

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Dec 20, 2007 05:10
Very beautiful, full power psychedelic release from Indigo records. Hope to hear more like this soon !
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Dec 20, 2007 20:06
i really enjoyed this release. deja vu fabrique, and the psykovsky vs deja vu project tracks were the best i thought. also liked the aerofurious and ilmush tracks. waiting to hear whats going to come next. 25th frame is still taking me places!
b0m,
angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Addictive Elements
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 21, 2007 09:53
Quote:

On 2007-12-19 20:47, a3k wrote:
Well this one runs in the mood of the track released in the Kill Bill compilation – the Only Love We Will Take track.

Even at the end the melodies are bautifull…My gosh I going to cry with this track hehe.

IMO Ketzakoatl is the same style as the "only love we will take"(OLWWT) track but isnt as massive as the OLWWT.....ending is really beautiful and they shud have run it for some more time....y is Psykovsky making high BPM stuff when he can make such crazy psychedelia ??           ----- Hippies...they wanna save the earth....but all they ever do is smoke pot ----
Fria Tantrumm

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 21, 2007 14:06
Quote:

On 2007-12-21 09:53, Addictive Elements wrote:

IMO Ketzakoatl is the same style as the "only love we will take"(OLWWT) track but isnt as massive as the OLWWT.....ending is really beautiful and they shud have run it for some more time....y is Psykovsky making high BPM stuff when he can make such crazy psychedelia ??

Maybe Psykovsky likes to make high BPM music as well as what you term "Crazy Psychedelia". Why should he only make one style when he is able to do more. Maybe he wishes to express himself differently and thus the variety of music released by him. Maybe the high BPM music is too avant garde for many people and will only be appreciated later on. Just as people thought Mozart was a cuckoo but only appreciated his music much after his existance, so too may be the trend be with high BPM music. I think its great that he can juggle both styles of music according to his mood.
Fractal Cowboys : Post Singularity COMING SOON :)
Orestis : Recursice Consciousness OUT
Psykovsky: Na Ve Ka is OUT!
The Journey Man Project
Inactive User

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Dec 24, 2007 02:09
really nice but the chill out track is kinda shite... nice ideas and the melodies are awesome, but they could've made it bettr by leaving out the useless kick drum sounds...           --- Love In Light, Dance In Darkness ---

My CD's - www.discogs.com/collection?user=liquidcream
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Dec 24, 2007 03:18
Nice release Dejvu fabrique, Red and samadhi are good tracks            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
King Salmon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Dec 24, 2007 10:17
Samadhi is not as good as his other release this year, a little boring, but still the best power track on this album.

Deja Vu Fabrique - This sample is so bizarre and hilarious. Really like the bassline.

iLmush - One of the best non-dub chill tracks I've heard all year. I checked some of his psy releases and this guy is very talented.           Kent
www.squidcollective.com
www.fugutrance.com
Austin, Texas, USA
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Dec 24, 2007 18:37
Deja Vu, Psykovsky, and IlMush are my favorites. Psykovsky in particular is quite the journey. I love his fast stuff too, but would be really happy if more releases at this bpm come out as well.

Definitely disappointed with the Samadhi, this track's lack of dynamicism or tasteful use of melodic elements really stands out in comparison with almost all his material.

Overall a pretty solid release from beginning to end imo.
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 24, 2008 23:45
Psykovsky Deja Vu Project - Ketzakoatl gives me the shivers. 9/10 track for sure, really a masterpiece! : )

Red & Deja Vu Fabrique are also blasters, strong above-average release this one..

Good work!

BooM
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Namaste From Russia Volume 2 - Indigo Records - 2007

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance