Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - music production with akg k-702
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

music production with akg k-702

mandav

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 26, 2013 04:27:58
Hello,

I've been doing music production for the last year using Edirol - FA-66 sound card and the Yamaha HS80M.

I got to a certain level in my sound design and general production with which I'm satisfied(for the moment).
now for a long time I'm thinking of traveling with my Laptop and my pair of AKG - k702 connected using a decent portable soundcard I will purchase (i.e. Saffire 2i2).

The problem is I haven't reached the point where I feel comfortable producing with my AKG (haven't had much experience time), and whenever I put the phones to reference a track, though I hear it differently in a way that could help mixing, I don't feel like I would actually be able to product in it.

So I'm not sure if it's because I'm hearing too "low" because I do not have an headphone amp? or is it I just have to adjust my listening to the "Flat" sound of a referencing headphones?

Thanks.......
makus
Overdream

Started Topics :  82
Posted : May 26, 2013 14:36
hard to advice something really. have to learn your tools to work with them, whether it is a synth, a monitor or headphones. listen, compare, produce...           
www.overdreamstudio.com
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : May 27, 2013 00:39
you need to adapt i think,these are really good cans ,except in the low end imo . maybe try to use these to do the sound design on your synth ,processing and fx to get used..before starting to really mix on these .

headphone amp can t probably hurt.. specially if you can t drive the headphone loud enough for your taste.

these are open.. not suited to produce with these in a non quiet environement.. might be problematic when travelling
smoker
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  115
Posted : May 29, 2013 17:00
i got the same problem as you before I solved it be this way
1. never put headphone on full volume..
          -------------------------------------------------
https://soundcloud.com/user-537936268
mandav

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 30, 2013 17:51
@makus - that's true but I just wasn't and still not sure about how good are the AKG k702 for producing - drived directly from the soundcard.

@PoM - what do you mean loud enough, I can still turn the volume knob on my card but it would have to be between 75% to 100% to be loud. And still is loudness the only parameter when driving a can? I mean is it possible that a headphone AMP will change the experience?

@smoker - I do not do that.... but when I listen on normal levels I feel I'm missing too much low-End to be able to actually do anything good.

I was thinking of getting the Fiio e17 headphone amp or the Focusrite VRM - any thought on that?

Thanks.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - music production with akg k-702

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance