Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mr. Peculiar- Elements (Trib-adelic, Apr. 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mr. Peculiar- Elements (Trib-adelic, Apr. 2002)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : May 23, 2002 09:02
Mr. Peculiar- Elements (Trib-adelic, Apr. 2002)
1. Tribes of Resonance 140bpm 7:38
2. Bouncing Brains 140bpm 7:06
3. Ritual Horizon 142bpm 6:47
4. What Is Real? 142bpm 7:26
5. Digital Humanoid 143bpm 6:56
6. Dynamo 143bpm 7:13
7. Source of Rah 145bpm 8:27
8. 1000 Tablets 146bpm 7:20
9. Last Chance 145bpm 8:07
10. Crunchy Nutter 91bpm 3:44

Full on days are back again! And they're coming from Oz. Mr. Peculiar brings a multitude of full on sounds, starting happy and powerful with Tribes of Resonance- music for big parties in the sun, then some mellowness creeps in the excellent following tracks (T3, T4). Then things turn slowly heavier and darker, while keeping the melodic streak. Sometimes it sounds really good- like with Digital Humanoid (T5)- timid kick-bass combination, psychotic, both melodic and dark, and almost frightening. Sometimes, not really- like T8, T9. The last ones also really need some sound improvement. It ends with Crunchy Nutter, which shows some wider musical horizon, bit too loungey for here though.

Bottom Line: very good full on release, refreshing and interesting, has some very average trax as well. I'm waiting for more from the peculiar man with improved sound. Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7.

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Wako Jako
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : May 23, 2002 09:18
yes its a great album.
i reviewed it in the old forum,

http://www.isratrance.com/cgi-bin/boardnew//YaBB.pl?board=CDReviews&action=display&num=8706

but your review is better shahar.

SMILE ! and the whole world will smile right back at you !
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : May 23, 2002 09:20
about time too. i was wondering where full on went           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
Itay Oron
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 23, 2002 12:28
very good album,

it has very good rythem, good sound, although the mixing is terrible, still needs a work on the kick & bassline sounds.
its melodic, sometimes little to much, but most of the time the melody is right in time, and not too cheesy.
it has an atmosphere that is feeled all over the cd, reminds me alien project or safi connection, can i call it, alien-space atmosphere?
i liked bouncing brains, and last chance the most,
i think last chance is a killer party track!

for full on lovers, this is a very recomended cd, i cant wait to the next one from mr. peculiar...
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : May 23, 2002 13:09
average.. the beginning of the bouncing brains is cool though           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : May 23, 2002 14:39
i think this is a pretty cool release - definitely slightly different to a lot of stuff coming out these days (ie. old school trippy noises) but i rather like that.
i think bouncing brains is extremely good and shall be played for sure and also last chance, as i see someone else has already suggested.

for sure well worth a listen           >>love will tear us apart...<<
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : May 23, 2002 14:53
Nice one shahar

A
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : May 23, 2002 17:03
A very good album. Great review too           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
PsYoNiC
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : May 23, 2002 18:11
...it passed the acid test;)...psYchÔdelic sounds dribbled in my ears:)...
PsyMushroom

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 26, 2002 13:36
iam think its A very good album and a good
sound of the songs ...

Music is The Drugs ...
Coomzy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : May 29, 2002 07:23
get him to israel and see one of Australia's finest perform live - then there will be no more complaining!

A great album with plenty more to come soon...
ozzy
Ozzy

Started Topics :  52
Posted : May 29, 2002 08:00
aha finally made it to israel,cheers for the review shahar !!As said before heard at EVERY party thats happening in australia(not sure how much he gets played over there).
but with his new tracks (much better production)complementing his old,mr peculiar delivers a very strong set EVERYTIME !!
sure im a friend,but im also a fan,enjoy what this his first album offers you and stay tuned because the second will surely blow you away !!with 3 new tracks released on the next tribeadelic compilation.
9 previously unreleased tracks from australias best producers.
(sorry for the advertising....)           A TRIBEADELIC GATHERING
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Dec 30/08 - Jan 2/09
www.tribeadelic.com
Leon Psynesthesia
Psynesthesia
Started Topics :  38
Posted : May 29, 2002 13:49
really nice album !
pumping , fast and psychedelic as hell .
alot more interesting than the usual full on sound we hear all the time .

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mr. Peculiar- Elements (Trib-adelic, Apr. 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance