Started Topics :  187
Posted : Nov 17, 2012 19:03:55
Anyone using it? Found one for 235€

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Nov 19, 2012 15:38
wass looking into this a while ago with reguards into building a modular moog setup
but decided to go with only using analog audio and all controllers in tha digital realm so at the moment im using cable guys midi shaper for all my complex waveform needs

but i would say that you probably will get some serious mileage out of this and the minataur seeing as you can repurpose the cv and gate inputs on the latter

fuck i wish they would treat the phatty the same way,, kinda feel left out on a lot of stuff from moog ,i would buy another one if they would let us repurpose the cv stuff as well

Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 15:42
I am obviously missing out on things due to just delving in the minitaur for VCO phase sync basslines and leads...elaborate on what you just said please?           
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 16:24
you have rev2 software for the minataur?

the four cv inputs on the back can now be repurposed meaning that they can control every parmeter internally

you can now also convert cv to midi

but im sure amos can explain it better

Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 16:25
whats up with this site

cant post links

if you go to moog music, minataur demos scroll down to rev 2 demo           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Nov 19, 2012 18:11
what i dont like with moog is that many of their gears lack some features to not make their other stuff less apealing.. like lack of cv outs..i would buy the minitaur and this for sure to get the moog vco and filter lfo to use with my xs.. . they make sure that their stuff dont overlap so you have to buy everyhting..
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 19:34
Quote:

On 2012-11-19 18:11, PoM wrote:
what i dont like with moog is that many of their gears lack some features to not make their other stuff less apealing.. like lack of cv outs..i would buy the minitaur and this for sure to get the moog vco and filter lfo to use with my xs.. . they make sure that their stuff dont overlap so you have to buy everyhting..

+1. One of the reasons that I liked the Phatty keyboard so much, but then saw that you need to pay extra for CV outs so I thought to hell with that....I mean even the Minitaur...so much cash with no PWM and only tri LFO output and this unacceptable USB noise when the USB cable is connected and a limit on notes...they just struck a nerve with the VCO phase re-trigger, hence why I bought it and is going to be the last Moog product I bought new. I am not going to support them any longer.           
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Nov 19, 2012 20:17
Quote:

On 2012-11-19 19:34, Nectarios wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-11-19 18:11, PoM wrote:

+1. One of the reasons that I liked the Phatty keyboard so much, but then saw that you need to pay extra for CV outs so I thought to hell with that....I mean even the Minitaur...so much cash with no PWM and only tri LFO output and this unacceptable USB noise when the USB cable is connected and a limit on notes...they just struck a nerve with the VCO phase re-trigger, hence why I bought it and is going to be the last Moog product I bought new. I am not going to support them any longer.

As well was I surprised they charge 60 bucks for the Phatty editor, how lame!
Sure I can do without the editor, but it would still be helpful on quickly changing lfo, arp, filter pole and many more advanced preset settings.
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 20:25
you could maybe get expert sleepers es3 into a doepfer mini case, that may give you more, maybe way more with their software silent way and sample accurate syncro via cv

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/782688-expert-sleepers.html
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 20:35
Quote:

On 2012-11-19 20:17, Djones wrote:
As well was I surprised they charge 60 bucks for the Phatty editor, how lame!
Sure I can do without the editor, but it would still be helpful on quickly changing lfo, arp, filter pole and many more advanced preset settings.

Yeah that should be free like the free one on Minitaur. Still though, I am used to editing the very few sub menus of the Phatty and perform this task quickly now. Also programming patches on the Virus C sub menus makes programming the Phatty, a breeze           
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 20:44
i checked es3 cost 220 euros at shneidersladen modular store in germany , it give you 8 cv out from your soundcard adat port. the cv generated by their software silent way are high resolution in the audio range probably as smmoth or close to analog.

if it s compatible with moog stuff it could be nice, i think it is Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC moog is +5/-5 if i m correct, not sure
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Nov 19, 2012 20:48
220€ + Eurorack case + new soundcard with ADAT interface = way too much cash.           
CH3CKM8
CH3CKM8
Started Topics :  12
Posted : Dec 12, 2012 18:54
Got a CP last month but didn't make it work with the minitaur yet, I'm having a lot of trouble installing other stuff (wish I could quit my job!!!!!). One thing I know is that there is no midi sync so I will probably use the ES software on the RME phone out to CP pedal in, so I can sync it to logic. Next month I will get it done and post here.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Moog CP-251

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance