Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - Mixing on DT-770 Pro
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mixing on DT-770 Pro

Devius

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 21, 2014 21:56:30
Hey guys,

I recently moved to another city for some months, finished my university and studying some more stuff now.

I used to compose and mix on my A7x's back at home, which I loved... mixes started to translate really well in the last year and I could enjoy my own music on my car speakers, my in-ear headphones and many other setups like some mastering studios I had access and other friends home studios.

For this trip, all I could bring was my DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm, which I only used for tracking/listening/composing late at night. I only did this tasks with them because every time I did small mixing stuff while composing, things would sound completely different on the Adams next morning. They would sound really bad.

I'm curious on what you guys have to say about this subject. I know some of you compose on headphones and are able to make some completely nice mixes. What should I be aware of when I start to do it 100% on the DT's ?

For the time being, all I can do is compare my tracks with some other artists, both at the same volume.

Should I avoid touching the sub frequencies that the DT's represent so well ?
Are the DT's really that flat ?

Thanks !
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jan 22, 2014 15:03
these are not flat at alll with big low bump

these are good headphone for tracking i think but not sure it s made for mixing/monitoring.. still you can get good result with these with some work like on most cans in that price range i guess
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - Mixing on DT-770 Pro

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance