Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - Mindgames: THE LABYRINTH 2003
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mindgames: THE LABYRINTH 2003

russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jun 17, 2003 10:30
The summer is here, so Mindgames is back. This year we have a special Labyrinth prepared for the groovy tribe on a full moon weekend.

On the mainstage we have the best speakers you've ever heard, along with the freshest in more progressive and psychedelic vibes. We are excited to bring over a number of artists who have never played in Japan before, such as Etnoscope, Creator, Laureth (1st time outdoors), and Aes Dana.

And Mindgames has invited one of the finest chillout labels in the world, the Japan-based Dakini Records, to run a downtempo stage at this year's Labyrinth. Dakini has run the best chill parties in Tokyo, "Dakini Nights", for many years, but this will be their first time to do an outdoor event, so they have put together a true dream line-up of both beautiful music and beautiful dancers. For ambient/downbeat dance lovers, this is a very special opportunity.

We just finished putting up our 1st website:
www.mindgames.jp.

Please check it out!

Party info:

Mindgames and Dakini Records:
The Labyrinth 2003

Place

Nalamata Camp Area, Minakami-cho, Gunma

Time

Music: 7/11 (22:00) - 7/13 (18:00)
Camping: 7/11 (15:00) - 7/14 (12:00)

Mindgames Dance Stage

Live:

- Shiva Chandra (Spirit Zone: Germany)
- Etnoscope (Digital Structures/Iboga/Flow: Sweden)
- Auricular (Plusquam: Germany)
- Bitmonx (Iboga/Plusquam: Germany)
- Antix (Iboga: New Zealand)
- Aes Dana (Ultimae: France)

Dj's:

- Mapusa Mapusa (Auricular: Germany)
- Sascha (Bitmonx/Buzzmonx/Lube: Germany)
- The Strom Brothers Dj Team (Antix: New Zealand)
- Laureth (Plusquam/Spirit Zone: Germany)
- Peter Didjital (Digital Structures: Sweden)
- Creator (Interzone: Switzerland)
- Dj Oli (M.O.S./Nerve/Hinz & Kunz: Germany)
- Dj So (Mindgames: Japan)
- Kei (Quintrix Disc Lounge: Japan)
- Hideyo Blackmoon (Japan)

Visual Journeys:

- Hinge Design (New Zealand)
- Gen

Deco:

- Rainbow Bear
- Seikou
- The Pumpkin

Sound:

- Funktion-One Resolution + Turbosound (40K system)

Dakini Records Chill Stage

Live:

- Kai Session (Dakini: USA/Japan)
- Aba Structure (Fungus: USA/Japan)
- Jiyuu Jidai (Dakini: Japan)
- Puff Dragon (a.k.a. Double Dragon: UK/Japan)

Dj's:

- Makyo (Dakini: USA/Japan)
- Aes Dana (Ultimae: France)
- David Hikari (Hikari/Dakini: New Zealand)
- Hiyoshi (Dakini: Japan)
- Hideyo Blackmoon (Japan)

Dakini Dancers:

- Samanyolu

Visuals:

- Interstellar
- Aura
- Gen

Live Painting:

- Seisen Ito

Sound:

- Funktion-One Resolution

Tickets

Gate: 11,000
Advance: 9,000
Parking: 2,000
Group Tickets (4 or more): 8000*
*Group tickets only at Quintrix, 03-6415-6678

Tickets available:

[ ALL JAPAN ]
Lawson: 0570-00-0903, L-code: 34587
[ TOKYO ]
Quintrix Disc Lounge: 03-6415-6678
Cisco House Part2: 03-5459-0848
Wizard Records: 03-5489-3990
Global Chillage: 03-5766-0548
Anoyona: 03-3462-1993
Connected: 03-5722-3423
Shop33: 0422-48-7926
[ YOKOHAMA ]
Space in Space: 045-324-5778
[ GIFU ]
Index Sound Plaza: 058-263-1867
[ NAGOYA ]
Megamix: 052-933-5311

Tokyo Bus Tour Info

Tokyo Bus Tour + Party Ticket: 15,000 yen*
*Bus tour tickets only at Quintrix, 03-6415-6678
Only 40 seats available, please make reservations early.

Information

www.mindgames.jp

Mindgames: 090-4378-3936 (Japanese) / 090-6145-2789 (English)
Mindgames e-mail: info@mindgames.jp
Flea Market reservations: market@mindgames.jp
Dakini Records e-mail: skydancers@dakinirecords.com
Dakini Records web site: www.dakinirecords.com
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jun 18, 2003 07:20
DAVID HIKARI......
hmm.......
well anyways, RUSS Good luck mate!!!!
I hope to make it to this party. You guys are using the best sound system. For sure its gonna be a killer party. I have asked all my friends and they said they would be going for sure!!!!
If you have somebody that can write japanese please come to our site at www.japanpsytrance.com and advertise your party!!!
Taku
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 18, 2003 17:16
I was very impressed with the hp. very convincing stuff!! I hope I will be able to make it to this gathering. Really nice to see a fresh line-up, especially etnoscope.
mad factory
drap drop

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Jun 18, 2003 19:21
nice one russ!;)
russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 18, 2003 20:54
Sorry Hikari, i booked the other Hikari! David is too good a dj to pass up. Have you heard him play before? Wow. The smoothest downbeat dj I've heard. A real master. My girlfriend fell in love with one of his sets and told me I had to book him!

(I just tried to send you personal message, but your box is full. Do you have an e-mail address I can reach you at?)

Taku, Etnoscope will play their tribal madness at dawn on sunday, a 90-minute set they have put together just for this party. Of all the sets, this is the one I am most looking forward to...

And Mr. Mad Factory, Dj Oli from MOS/Hinz+Kunz is living in your homeland of Brazil these days, so his Germanic style must have got infected by the full-on brazilian party madness, just like you;-) Make sure you don't miss his set! He will play a long set late night and early morning the 1st day.
mad factory
drap drop

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Jun 19, 2003 05:45
yeah for sure...and russ, i just like to say some think...
i dont think my dj is full on!but i can say is psychedelic!
full on djs i hate,mean i dont like!they dont know how
to play the tracks,only play bomb by bomb all tracks are
most 145 147 bpm,the all set is gms or skazi!this for me
is full on dj!playng only noise!me are not the type of dj!
i all ways start my dj set 135 bpm and finish it 143 or 145!well to be easy,i made history with the tracks,bring
the all ppl mind to only one way...trip & dreaming!so plz
dont call me full on dj any more!because im not!this also
to you hikari!

all my best!
diogo

ps:russ mad factory is the name of we studio!hehe
russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 19, 2003 21:14
hah hah hah! i am just teasing you, diogo. my only point was to let you know dj oli now lives in your beautiful homeland of brazil...

BTW, these silly terms are all relative in the end...for the english dub producer ott, anything over 100 bpm is "full-on" and makes him feel dizzy:-) i am not interested in labels, just good music, like you! take it easy...

russ
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 14, 2003 09:49
Russ, Otsukaresama!!! Tickets were sold out at a couple places so i am sure it was a nice party!!! Unfortunatly, I had to attend a party at CUBE, on saturday because my organizer had set up some party(although i missed the last train and could no t attend). I am very sorry!
Has anybody here gone to the party? Tell me how it was! please!!! Shiva Chandra!! Ethnoscope, please tell me how it was!!! thanks.
fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 16, 2003 10:57
Yeah Russ, how was it ? and how many people came ? Looked like a good one and how was Antix ??
russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2003 12:36
The best party I have seen in Japan. I saw both party people and staff crying as they left when the music stopped on sunset Sunday night. It was the first time I have seen an international dj cry on the dance floor because the music was so damn good.

The party wasn't easy. Last year's Labyrinth was beautiful with perfect weather, but this one had every kind of weather imaginable. It rained like hell during set-up and during Friday night, then all of a sudden we had beautiful blue skies on Sat. Then Sat night the sky cleared for the moon and the stars, and then the rain came again. But when the rain came this time, the dance floor was unstoppable. Oli (from MOS) and Creator were playing a 5-hour pingpong set that absolutely crushed the floor. That was the best night set I have seen in three years. Then in the morning we had mysterious mist and clouds covering the mountains for a totally surreal sight. There were so many different experiences that it didn't seem possible that everything happened in just three days.

The party was all the emotions and experiences of life--pain, sadness, happiness, fear, ecstasy, excitement, beauty, love--combined into three short days.

Those of us who were there will never forget it. Those who missed it missed it forever. Parties like that cannot be repeated, nor can they can be described or explained. Like a force of nature, they happen, then they are gone.

fullom
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 12:44
Choice!!!!

No doubt in my mind this would have been a nice party!
Kaatisu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 20:17
Russ, you speak not a word of a lie. The Labyrinth was absolutely amazing. The vibe was stellar, the music great, the sound more than adequate, the venue rich and alive and also well layed-out, the decorations simple and appropriate, the weather exciting and beautiful. All in all, we feel it was the best party my sweetie and I have been to, and together we've experienced a fair number of parties (not to stroke your ego too much, Russ, haha) . For us, the Labyrinth happened. And happened just right. Thanks Russ and your friends for all your hard work to make it happen. Those magic moments.... Sweet....
That said, I still prefer a few more peaks in the music. I don't need 3 days of full-on madness, but a little more variety including times where the bpm came up a bit would have been nice for me. But, if the trade-off for all-progressive is a vibe like that, I guess I'll take it. Anyway, I have no true complaints - just residual wow.
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 23, 2003 18:44
Congrats on a beautiful party!! I have heard numerous amounts of how damn good the party was!! I am ashamed of myself for not being at this party....
I heard you got the best crowd, in all of the recent parties. And this comes from people who go to parties almost every week. Not too many parties i have heard that got this much, good comments. Recently all i have heard is complaints.

Russ otsukaresama!!! and to all the staff for a wonderful party!
I will be at stargate this weekend so i hope to see you Russ.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - Mindgames: THE LABYRINTH 2003

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance