Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Midival Punditz (Six Degrees, 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Midival Punditz (Six Degrees, 2002)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Feb 18, 2004 20:06
Midival Punditz (Six Degrees, 2002)
1. Air 6:41
2. Extasis 4:02
3. Fabric 5:02
4. Insite 4:33
5. Far from Home 5:49
6. Bhangra Fever 4:58
7. Mercury 4:50
8. Night 5:55
9. Forest Dreams 5:13
10. Ajmer 5:44
11. God of Love 6:05
12. Dark Age 7:03

A friend recommended me Midival Punditz 4 months ago. Finally I got my hands on a copy and the only thing I have to say is: fuck! I should have bought it right away- why didn't you tell me it was so good?!? The Delhi-based Indian duo, who have already worked with some pretty big-name musicians, deliver with their debut album an intense experience morphing electronic and Indian music in a way that brings out the best of both. This album is crowded with creativity, fusing Jungle and D'n'B beats, an array of Indian musical instruments, beautiful Indian vocals, classical Indian music moves, and a lot of emotions.
Unforgettable moments include the mellow Santur & Piano meeting in Extasis (T2), the highly danceable Insite (T4) with trancey crazy tabla rhythms on distorted bass and a "Juno Reactor in India" general feel, the slow spacey psychedelic Far from Home (T5), the totally hypnotizing crazy mayhem of Bhangra Fever (T6), and the sad and emotional Night (T8) that moves strings inside you- one of my three favorites here. The two others ending this CD. God of Love (T11), a beautiful creation carrying a hypnotic happy mellowness, squeezing your heart juices, to be followed by Dark Age that closes this musical creation, and goes even deeper into your heart with a hypnotizing slow beat layered with powerful vocals and Indian instruments. An amazing track leaving you with a hanging jaw, wondering where are you and what have just happened. A good way to finish an album.

Bottom Line: If you like good music I highly suggest you check this out. If you like electronic and ethnic music, then there's nothing to check- just buy it! Favorites: 2(!!), 4, 5(!), 6(!), 7, 8(!!!), 11(!!), 12(!!!).

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

FUNKKIMUNKKI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Feb 18, 2004 22:17
indeed midival punditz makes some really nice music!!           ill push u over the edge, and will be smiling when u cant take anymore, at that point ill push a little harder till u experience true psychdelica
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Feb 19, 2004 17:14
Really cool stuff, Audialize has been working with them too and I hope to hear it soon.

Ragachill!           Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
goa faerie

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 21, 2004 18:54
everyone should have a copy of the midival punditz album for sure!
and watch out for the audialize remixes of their tracks... SUPER DEADLY STuff!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Midival Punditz (Six Degrees, 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance