Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Midimiliz – The remixes 12” (Boshke Beats 009)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Midimiliz – The remixes 12” (Boshke Beats 009)

Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 15, 2003 16:48
Midimiliz – The remixes 12” (Boshke Beats 009)

A. Midimiliz – Mrs. Vargas (Paul Brtschisch rmx)
B. Midimiliz – XV! (Ozy rmx1)

Finally this long awaited and so much talked about vinyl is being released by the Boshke label. Is it something new for the label, is it techno, or is it trance, what is it like?
Well, for those who like fusion for those not limited by genre definitions, this EP will definitely be a must have. Both of the tracks may not even appeal to you from the first listen, but in the end you realize that they were carefully chosen and have some special feel. They may not sound fast and heavy for those used to aggressive music, but if you give them another listen they reveal their deeper substance. Both are very hypnotic and somehow minimal. Both have that weird atmosphere. THE atmosphere.

The A side is a remix to one of the best tracks from the “Passages” album made by well-known Mr. Brtschisch. The outcome left almost nothing of the original except some background sounds and is a nice straight and hypnotic track with sounds flying here and there. It is melodic but not in terms of having “melodies”, it is all in the background. A very nice and mysterious spacy feel it has.

The second track is even more hypnotic and slow with interesting bassline and electric buzzing lead through out the most of it. This kind of stuff you don’t hear often and that’s what I like about this release. The will to represent another view to techno music.

RetroActive

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 16, 2003 06:11
Boshke do it again!!! excellent release

remix by Ozy is my favourite one here
misha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 21, 2003 14:40
Review taken from www.beatpeople.net

Midimiliz

The Remixes (Paul Brtschitsch & Ozy)

Discográfica: Boshke Beats Records (www.boshkebeats.com)
Artista: Midimiliz
Título: The remixes
Midimiliz, una de las formaciones más destacadas del label canadiense Boshke Beats Records, vuelve a ser noticia con la edición de este cd single en el que se incluyen remezclas de algunos de sus temas más destacados. Paul Brtschitsch (conocido internacionalmente por su proyecto Taksi y sus maxis publicados en el sello germano Frisbee) se encarga de realzar con sus características atmósferas en clave techno-house, un gran tema como “Mrs. Vargas”. Ozy, con maxis publicados en el también germano sello Force Inc, va más allá al realizar dos perfectos remixes de “XV”, adaptándolo a su particular estilo entre el techno y el drum and bass. Su primera parte, dotada de un bajo poderoso y grandes dosis de hipnotismo, conforma un tremendo track más orientado aún si cabe al dancefloor. Disponible también a partir de la semana que viene en formato vinilo.
Autor: Jorge Martínez

DJ Angel Molina, voted as Best Spanish Techno DJ of 2003.
Resident at: Florida 135, Nitsa, Deep, Spunny
Personal Opinion about BBS009:"Another excellent Boshke Beats release. Ozy's remix is fuckin great, absolutely hypnotic, my favorite. Top in my bag. Yes!!!"

DJ Robert Leiner /Sweden: Source Experience /H.Prod./Spiral Trax
About BBS009: "I like both sides, the A side has a more of a funkier side to it and the B side is more driving and gives the right side towards the kind of trance I like!
So well done, looking forward for more releases from Boshke and Midimilz."

DJ Bleed /Germany /debug magazine
http://www.de-bug.de
Midimiliz - The Remixes (Boshkebeats)
"Midimiliz hab ich voll verpasst. Brtschitsch und Ozy Mixen hier jedenfalls zwei Tracks die sehr kleinteilig und dennoch solide kicken. Auf Brtschitschs Mix im Hintergrund auch leichte Tranceaneutungen, eher aber ein Track der sehr auf die durchgangig flackernden Beats und Soundeffekte aus ist, die immer wieder mit kleinen Snarewirbeln angetrieben werden und Ozy von Thule naturlich mit einem echten Walfangerdub der pulsierend aufgeladenen Art. bleed **** "

DJ Holeg/France, Spies/Aurinko Rec./Atomic Reactor
About BBS009: "A good fusion between tekno grooves, deep atmospheres and electro soundscapes. Tracks to ritualize dancefloors !
A mature production of mastered techno and electro reminiscences with a nice digested psy-touch and culture."

Partysan Magazine #100, Dec 2003/Jan 2004, review by OK
Midimiliz - The Remixes (Boshkebeats) Shortly after presenting their second album "passages", the Midimiliz Project Members offers a chance for individual interpretations of their Stuff they did together to Paul Brtschitsch and Ozy. Paul starts with his Remix of "Mrs. Vargas", a very carefully created Atmo-Techno-Groover. Sometimes it reminds me quit exactly at old Harthouse times. But well Done. Spezi Ozy put new "XV", keep dramaturgy within finetunig sector and with very handsome Filter- and Arrange floats he designed wonderful soundscapes, which will work on every Minimal Techno Floor. Machine Musik from- and for the stomach. 4 points of 5

Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Dec 21, 2003 15:38
Misha, this is an international forum.
Please translate the reviews that are not in english.           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Mar 13, 2004 11:53
This is really cool. I love stuff blending different genres like this. This pretty much all techno, I think... About the original tracks, they wasn't my favourites from Midi Miliz. But these remixes have little to do with them, so it doesn' matter.

Mrs Vargas (Paul Brtschisch Remix) - The bassline is pretty much what I like here. Maybe those atmospheric sounds in the background destroys a little bit.

XV (Ozy Remix1) - I just love that electric sound coming in about 3 minutes into the track. Though it then lasts for the rest of the track, it's still cool. What can I say, I just love it.

Would very much like to hear more of these kind of music... I'm sure going to check out other stuff by these two remixers...
So, conclusion, if you like techno, get this one.           Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
Mammoth Hunter

Posted : Mar 18, 2004 20:04
Midi Miliz are my favorite tech trance project of all time, although I think their best tune ever, Battlejuice, was released as Spirallianz . So no, I'm not biased at all .

That being said, I was happy to see a Midi Miliz remixes CD although I hadn't heard anything from either Paul Brtschitsch or Ozy before. I really liked the remix of Mrs Vargas but I wasn't really impressed by the XV remix. It seems strange that Boshke couldn't find at least one or maybe two other artists to remix Midi Miliz. And on top of that we get two versions of that remix plus the originals on the CD. I doubt that anybody would buy a remixes CD if they do not have the original version of the songs, so including the originals seems to me to be just filler.

Also, the track selection threw me off a little bit. I would expect to see "No Exit" on a remixes CD, since it is by far the best Midi Miliz track released on Boshke Beats. I will not argue about this, it's not even close. Overall, I'm mildly disappointed from this release, mostly because I expect to be blown away every time I hear something that is associated with Midi Miliz. Looking forward to the new stuff!
ATLEF
The Papuna

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 19, 2004 15:17

alex
anther nice release from boshke
keep on the beat

feel only shankar
the papuna
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Mar 25, 2004 21:39
Mr Hunter, thank you for your true opinion, when i planned this release i was thinking a lot about people whom likes the other side of the "story",and i knew that many of Midimiliz fans might find it disspointing,but i thought it will be worse,:):) actually many of them just went to check out who is Paul Brtschitsch and Ozy, them both got so manygreat releases.....
we will release more of the remixes for sure and it will be more for your taste,same time we think more globally and indeed this single worked and still doing it well ,reached some top reviews and excellent feedback more then any other record of ours before.
No Exit Remixes will follow,but next year together with remixes for Fuzzion's"EMC2",Midimiliz"Aeromode"the Delta"Hero FX" and more....

also you should like the No Alibi single, please check it out!

Mammoth Hunter

Posted : Mar 26, 2004 17:06
Alex, I truly believe that a label should follow the direction that it thinks is right even if some people don't like it. Even if that's me in this case. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my comments though.

The previews of the No Alibi single are very intriguing, I can't wait to hear the whole thing!

Cheers!
ugli

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 31, 2004 09:41
This rocks. But the No Alibi clips sound even better. Can't wait!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Midimiliz – The remixes 12” (Boshke Beats 009)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance