Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mekkanikka - Micro Revolution (Nutek Records) (c) 2008
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mekkanikka - Micro Revolution (Nutek Records) (c) 2008

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 14, 2009 17:57:04
Artist: Mekkanikka
Album: Micro Revolution
Release Date: December 2008

Tracklist:
1. Trippin Balls (8:12)
2. XRated (7:03)
3. Feel Good (6:42)
4. Try before buy (6:57)
5. King Bate (6:52)
6. Side FX (rmx) (8:11)
7. Micro Revolution (7:13)
8. Keep it fresh (7:16)
9. Outfoxed (7:31)
10. Generation (6:46)

The review:
Ok. Sure. Let's talk about this, since that is the reason you clicked on this link, for a review Most of you probably know Mekkanikka already. He's been on numerous compilations and his first release was on the now non-active Spirit Zone label. He's all about straight full-on, pretty standard sounding overall, but with kind of a fat edge. As is the case on this cd. From track one you're bombarded with a fat bassline, and cartoon samples (South Park). As the cd progresses we get everything you could think of in full-on. Bassline changes, acidlines, lots of samples and a pretty wild feeling to most of the tracks. With a lot of acidlines in here it sounds almost like old Electric Universe in places, but a bit more edgey. All in all it's a pretty wild ride in places, with a lot of tempo and in your faceness

Now I hear you thinking: what is this going to add to my collection? Well, as I said it's pretty standard stuff, but what is being presented here is rock solid with every track being really party-ready material. Somehow Mekkanikka manages to stick to regular full-on but he keeps the tracks interesting by implementing lots of changes, little melodies, good sampling and a really driving bassline. A special mention for track 1,3 and 8 with those rap samples (really edited) and the unrelentable drive in it. Most of the songs work wonders on people's feet anyway. My girlfriend was nodding her head all the way through it

To sum it all up, if you're looking for a great full-on album you're at the right place here. Most artists in this genre can't keep it up for a whole album but Nikka manages seemingly effortlessly. I hope he keeps this up, I'm looking forward to hearing more of this

Listen to samples here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=7685
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/nut/nut1cd017.html

"Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
djanahata
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 8, 2009 17:27
Another great album from Mekkanikka,
I think this is the best. And music production is going to next level...Bravo!
Congratulations again to Nutek for another FAT release.. High quality music for sure
          www.myspace.com/djanahata
www.materiarecords.com
Out Now! va PROFESSIONAL MATCD12 - Compiled by Dj Anahata
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mekkanikka - Micro Revolution (Nutek Records) (c) 2008

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance