Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - ME120SC Generic Dj controller for Virtual DJ 6 LE
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ME120SC Generic Dj controller for Virtual DJ 6 LE

psychotic_neuroscientist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 12:42:04
Hi,
I recently purchased a low cost DJ Midi controller exclusively for Virtual Dj 6 LE (supplied with the controller).

It features an integrated soundcard with the following specs:
sampling frequency: 44.1Khz,Audio Resolution: 16 bit. Output level : 1.2V+-0.2V THD+N: <0.003% S/N: >80dB Crosstalk : >80dB

The controller's manual is not very detailed.

It mentions that it works on the ASIO4ALL driver.

I recently used this controller via my laptop's (Integrated Realtek audio sound card ASIO DETAILS: Realtek HD Audio Output: Out: 2x44.1-192Khz 32-bit. Realtek HD Audio Stereo input In: 2x44.1-96Khz, 16-bit.
Asio buffer size :1536 samples)Line Out via an Rc cable connected to one channel of a professional mixer setup in the club.

What i noticed was 2 main flaws:
1) The music was sounding very glitchy...ie somewhat like a problem with the time of the beats.
2) There was a sharp crackling kind of noise when playing high bpm(150bpm+ approx.) music.

I am sure that the setup in the club is perfectly fine.

Please let me know what i can do to sort this out asap.

Thanks in advance           No... no more scientists, no more laboratories, no more experiments, I thought you`d be able to understand that. No more!
Dennis the menace
DevilsDennis Sparris McHilton

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Mar 21, 2011 12:57
Sounds like you need to adjust the latency, and probably turn of the master tempo.

Also if you have background services running on your laptop like wifi and bluetooth you should turn them off.
psychotic_neuroscientist
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Mar 22, 2011 10:03
@Dennis the menace...thanks for the prompt reply..

Will try and do the steps mentioned above...

I have one question: Do I adjust the latency in the ASIO setup..? How much (no. of samples)should the ASIO buffer size be..?
Does it look like an issue occuring also due to the soundcard..?           No... no more scientists, no more laboratories, no more experiments, I thought you`d be able to understand that. No more!
Dennis the menace
DevilsDennis Sparris McHilton

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Mar 22, 2011 14:42
Not sure where you adjust it on pc, im on mac myself and im using traktor instead of vdj, but it sounds like a problem with the audio buffer or latency. I have some friends who had the same problem and it was all solved by adjustments

Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - ME120SC Generic Dj controller for Virtual DJ 6 LE

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance