Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - MATSURI Production- V.A Excerpts from Databass ( 1997)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

MATSURI Production- V.A Excerpts from Databass ( 1997)

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 19, 2005 03:13
Ok, this compilation here is a classic, with some legendary producers contributing to make it a must have..
If u dont know what im talkin abt..??
Welcome to the REAL world of Psychedelia..!!

I'll try and do justice to this masterpiece..

1. Prana - *Geomantik*.

If you havent heard of this track u must be very very young!! Or just 'arsim'. . But the lucky one's who 'have', need no explanation.This track symbolizes a pinnacle in production and ingenuity in psytrance. Starts out low with some break- beaty like style.. with the ever present tsuyoshi suzuki macabre to it. This is a class opening, no doubt abt that. Expands into a more predictable sequence with this melancholy drifting tune at the back and soon u prayin the track doesnt end.

2. Doof - *I think we can go to the Moon*.

Nick Doof strikes back.. If u needed a theme song for a rollercoaster ride in an asteroid belt, this is it, ladies and gents. He keeps it real with a 'no frills attached' style. Do ur thing, coz im doing mine. I personally like this track coz it just perfectly sets u up for whats ahead.

3. Transwave - * The Rezwalker*.

Ahh!! now we gettin somehwere.. Straight out of the bat and Transwave shows u a thing or two. The beat is old skool with the slight jarring 'tribal' sound to it. The percussion is also nothing less than furious. Trust me, if ur in Goa on a cow-dung packed earthern floor, this track will ensure ur mental state is nothing more than jelly. I love the older, sweeping styles they have forthe take offs etc... around 4:30 and its pretty plain whose driving!!! higher and Higher... the transwave express stops for noone!!

4. Witch Craft - * Magic Frequencies*.

The intro has something very metallic abt it.. the 'tish, tish, tish', gets my blood flowing already. This track makes u visualize a vast expanse of water with naked sirens crooning out to u... U can see them, hear them, even smell the salty air, but u just cant touch them. No matter how much u try.. the track lifts u above all else. 3:00 minute and they insert this pure GOA melody in, and it never fails to amaze me what these dudes thought up years ago. Easily a track i wud include in any "Best of..."

5. Typhoon - * Overture*

Starts a little calmer.. and more emphasis on single melodic entrances and exits.. Man, i just cant get enuf of this cd. Its a beauty by typhoon, with simple ideas conjuring up wacky results. I suspect it was a guitar they use to throw u off, but i might be mistaken. Whatever it is, it does signify the track.. typhoon has u rollin in the hay, doing the psychedelic tricks we do on the floor. This track calms me down.

6. Endora - *Joy*

this sounds like old skool prog !! It still has the Goa methods and tunes. Endora do not amaze u with this track, they do not transform u into a droolin idiot, but they make trippy shit. Sorry, best way i cud describe it

7. Process - * X-1*

This is one of my fav tracks... no certain way i cud explain it, it just sounds like it must have been fun to make. Sure sounds fun to listenin to and when he drops in those little goblins around 3:30 im hoppin and skippin !!!!

8.ManMadeMan - * Scientific Experiment*

Slow to start off, but does so like a sleepin monster. This track reminds me of a sleepin giant. Slow to rise, but a confident, regular plod thru our minds and souls... Ur hearin old skool and u better appreciate it.

Conclusion: I had to write a review about this album. Its wicked, its old skool and its a classic. RIP Matsuri. !!!
Need i bother rating it . ??
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Andrey
Inactive User

Started Topics :  62
Posted : May 19, 2005 08:31
Hey man, you read my mind ))) I wanted to write review on this CD for some russian forum ))) Don't you think it's kinda mystic?           Sea>Israel>Ben-Gurion>Tel-Aviv>Ramat-Goa>Marom Neve
is this pure reality could we be led?
25500 NIS for 1 hour DJ set
30500 NIS for 45-50 minutes of Live~
Riton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 19, 2005 08:45
pshh.... a classic... nothing else to say...           "I went to Goa and all i got was this lousy superiority complex."
Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 19, 2005 13:12
please don't bring back in our memories those incredible releases !!!

Excellent!

regards
Tms

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 19, 2005 16:54
Excellent tunes they are... but they always sound better in memory than in real life. Compared to current production standards some of these songs sound pretty dated.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 19, 2005 17:17
@Ruberoid..

Spooky man..!! but here u go..

@Acidhive
For sure..but its abt the 'soul' of the music, and this compilation has way more soul than 10 other 2005 releases, altho its production quality might be a little shabby.

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
psypilot77

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 19, 2005 23:03
This is very good compilation , when it was released everybody already knew this tracks from parties it was hits and b sides from Mr. Tsuyoshi dj case.
Where is the hits now?
everybody doing this speed/amphetamine/cocain trance and they forgot about psychedelia at all.
AbsolutZero(D.V.M.)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  199
Posted : May 29, 2005 17:49
well done mate...this compilation is super great           [b]osobuko/b]
http://www.landmark-recordings.com/absolut_zero.html
http://www.myspace.com/absolutzero_or
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-AbsolutZero/147091981997578
Circlesquare

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 30, 2005 00:57
For me, Psychedelic Trance was dead by the time Matsuri closed down in late '99...I never heard any stuff to move me since, except Process' Superior Technology (2002)...

As for todays production and musical style...What can i say?It's awful.And too digital and souless production-wize

(Fantastic cd by the way a 10/10 for me too)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - MATSURI Production- V.A Excerpts from Databass ( 1997)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance