Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mark Allen - Open Air - Ware (Phonokol 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mark Allen - Open Air - Ware (Phonokol 2002)

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Oct 10, 2002 13:20
well,second mix cd at "most wanted present" cd serie. "best" dj ever compiled and mixed "best" trax of last months. summer season hits at its best.
after first looking at cover u get that we talking here about super commerzial project but with quality fit to name "commerzial" means good.
after few times of listening u get few things. 1. trax choice is great. 2. mix very clear and floating but its NOT realy mix as it on Mark Allen dj sets. here its kinda continue mix but with beatmixing. not cuting trax and not fast mix.
in global cd is very nice,esspecialy for party animals who digged all summer long to this tunes. almost every trak here is a bomb from some party, so its nice to hear all those crazy tunes together.

track list:

1. Alien Project - Deep Spirit - nice opening trak. soft. reguelar.

2. Minilogue - Pixilised - here the trip start. deep digger tune.

3. Eargear - Trancehouseexpress (Ticon RMX) - one of the hottest hits of this summer. amazing floating tune for a brain. a must at every morning set.

4. Mumbo Jumbo - Brad - mumbo with typical psy UK trance tune for a stone floors. crunchy/happy one.

5. Hopefiend - Crack Down - first of two mrak allens trax here. well, groove and sound. this is the sound.

6. Hopefiend - Happy Machines - more interesting tune here. a bit electro alike melodic trak with cool rythms to shake the ass.

7. Kruger & Coyle - The Witness (Mark'O'Tool's Rain-Man Move To Club RMX) - kruger is sebastian kruger known as sbk/tasris with his fresh collobaration with greg coyle from transient rec. this tunes was played alot at summer parties abroad and i didnt knew what is it. sample "A-Shiva" all trak long make it best tribal expirience u can get at 2002. my favorite here.

8. Vernon - Wanderer (Son Kite RMX) - another well talked bomb. straight to the bone this trak amazing piece of beauty. just listen.

9. Electric Tease - Malfunction - very,very cool trak from tim healey. electro influences and pure progress. cute one.

well, this cd is great promotion for all those new progressive house sub labels that every respected label open today. ACDC (sub label of Spiral Trax), Vsuals (MPQDX) etc..

if u ask me to recomnd to buy it ?? no.
better put your koney on automatic records double cd or transient tribal trance compilation.
but very nice cd anyway.

wishes - wish to better mix work next time or if its impossible so dont mix it at all.           Believe your soul !
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Oct 26, 2002 07:13
Excellent Work by allen - this one's a must have for everyone

[ This Message was edited by: Jason (LyTe) on 2002-10-26 07:13 ]          "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
karnaf
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  60
Posted : Oct 31, 2002 00:19
This is a very nice CD!!!

It has a nice line that flows through it and keeps it going with almost no boring moments.
Even ppl who hardly hear Trance music and heard it in my car liked it

Please REMOVE my cellphone number from any SMS spam list you may have. Thanks.

http://www.savetherhino.org
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Dec 10, 2002 10:22
Indeed a very nice one.
Just got it yesterday, especially because of the Kruger and Coyle track (A Shiva! – it blew me away in Samothraki). Only yesterday I also realized Kruger is Sebastian Kruger (aka SBK / Tarsis).
Very clubby tunes, but this time I’m not complaining (Eli, u’re getting to me).
All tracks are good. Was impressed by the first track of Alien Project. It doesn’t sound like them at all!
Mumbo Jumbo have an excellent track, I’d say different from all other tracks in this album, more progressive psychedelic.
Track #5 reminded me of Karnaf’s line (never take a drug that was named after a part of your ass).
No words about track # 8 “The Wonderer – Son Kite rmx”, amazing track.

To sum it up, worth it, very worth it.
Go get it!
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jan 26, 2003 16:53
This cd is compiled & vey slightly mixed by Mark Allen.

The Alien Project’s stuff is a mix between his usual Psytrance style, UK progressive, few very little dubby synths. The global music relsut is very groovy but average for me.

Minilogue (aka Son Kite) delivers the typical kinda Uk progressive that makes me think that sometimes pure easy soappy fashioned Tek-House isn’t very far…

Fortunenately more unpolished works arrives from Earger & his Ticon remix with lots of echoes and reverb effect on the melodic tone.

Same remark as Minilogue for Mumbo Jumbo, exception of some psychedelic effects but remains too housey for me.

After all that, i was thinking that i won’t find something which could fits me.

It wasn’t without relying on Mark Allen himself , with his project Hopenfiend and his highly psychedelic proggy crazyness track Crack Down. So happy to find again this unique raving feeling i encountered in his past Quirk productions like Ping.

With his second track , Allen isn’t able to put the thing on again, what a pity…

Yes there’s a little something interessant in next one with the sample gimmick but too much housey-clubby one more time.

I don’t know where’s comes the hype around this old eurpean trance band (Vernon) coz i saw them appearing on several & different electronic styles compilations always in remixes new versions. Nevertheless i consider the thing as a good one ; good remix work here from Son Kite which keeps alive in spirits the particular sound of the defunt german Eye Q label.

Final Explosion offered to you by Electric Tease ( formerly other part of Quirk aka Tim Healey), with a powerfull adrenalistic, fast & happy proggy tune, very much 80’s electro influenced.

Highlights :5 & 9
Cool stuff :8, 3 (at a pinch)

Mark :5/10
Psy2k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Feb 1, 2003 16:05
Nice mixed cd by Mark Allen! Really dancable tracks here... Best tunes imo:2 and 7!
Son Kite did it again
I think that it is the third cd in most-wanted series... (Yahel, Atmos, Mark Allen)           In This World Have Your Own Bpm...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mark Allen - Open Air - Ware (Phonokol 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance