Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Marc O'Tool - Logical/Jack (Electribe 007)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Marc O'Tool - Logical/Jack (Electribe 007)

krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Aug 28, 2003 01:22
Marc O'Tool - Logical/Jack (Electribe 007)

Marc O'Tool has become a favorite producer in psy-progressive circles, having remixed for Krüger & Coyle, and being a staple in many record bags. This record is my first real introduction to his music....he is now on my list of producers to watch for. Both tracks here are deep tekky dancefloor movers sure to rock yer ass.

A: Logical - This is my favorite of the two tracks. Deep percussion with a driving bouncy bassline start the track, with the hint of atmosphere peeking in. After a short break, things get going with a strong percussive groove interspresed with a subtle stringy synth line. Continuing through an elegant breakdown, this is carried until the end of the track. There is no real explosion or peak in the track, yet it in no way becomes stale or boring. Nice track to carry on the dancefloor seamlessly just on the backside of the peak hours.

B: Jack - Similar in feeling to "Logical", only a tad more trancey. Well-manipulated vocal samples combined with echoing stringy synths give this almost a dubby feeling ala Gabriel Le Mar meets Vibrasphere. Well-placed and executed breakdowns lead to a build in intensity before you are slowly carried back down to a minimal groove. Same as "Logical" in not being an explosive track, but this would work well either building to or coming back off of a peak in a progressive set.

Final verdict: 8/10

2 strong tracks. My only complaint is that both tracks lack variation from each other, and would serve pretty much the same function in a set. That being said, both are damn great tracks and would be great tools for any progressive DJ to have in their record bag.
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Aug 28, 2003 10:23
good, old, marc o tool. i mean as usual nothing new in his trax, its became a bit pitty for me. after having 4 trax from him as marc o tool and two as chrome i dont buy anymore his products, wait till he will make some different tune.           Believe your soul !
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Aug 28, 2003 14:27
So all of his tunes sound the same....I guess this means I don't have to track down his older tunes after all.
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
patrick
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 28, 2003 14:39
well i think this ep is one of his more interesting
tunes... but i generally agree here with
zombi, to proove his point u just have
to check out his new balroom tune
lullaby nothing new there at all. but
it will be a big tune anyway in the prog
trance circus...

btw. nice reviews krelm
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Aug 30, 2003 02:53
Ballroom - Passenger (Marc o Tool Remix)

one of the best i´d say... to bad Ticon stole the whole idea for Waiting for the knights thou...

A
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Marc O'Tool - Logical/Jack (Electribe 007)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance