Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Music Reviews - ManMadeMan - Cell Division (Transient, 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ManMadeMan - Cell Division (Transient, 2002)

___kaz
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 15, 2002 14:40:44

1. Single Cell      6'53"
2. Palladium        6'39"
3. Gather Info      7'15"
4. And All That     6'18"
5. Get Up the Beat  7'14"
6. Subway           7'19"
7. Amuzin           7'12"
8. Cell Division    8'55"
9. Breeze           6'20"

Before I start this, let me write thatManMadeMan is one of my favorite acts, because of their in depth psychedelic ideas, and after some brilliant work in the past. And after hearing all of the dark and aggressive music that's been getting in the heart of the scene so strongly in the past 2 years, when a friend of mine brought me this, I was really, really excited.

T1: Starting up with Single Cell, a very deep and tribal low bpm track, we get a picture of things to come. No random sounds, no unecessary ideas, not easy on the brain, but incredibly deep and with a great psychedelic flow.

T2: The continuation to Palladium is very in place, the bpm going up, but still not a vert high energy track. Digging very deep, twisting the sounds in a very right way. Psychedelia is still the most important factor in this track. And the melody in there just lifts you.

T3: Gather Info raises the bpm once more, with a softer clubier feel... I just had a harder time connecting to it. The last two minutes are probably worth it though, a lesson in groove. One of the weaker tracks in this album, if not the worst.

T4: And All That has a really melodic and clubby feel, including a piano and some classic clubtrance sounds, a very melodic bassline, and even some trumpets. Excellent harmonic work. Some brilliant piano work at times. Still, not my cup of tea.

T5: Get up the beat lowers the bpm a bit, keeps the melodies running, but this one is a lesson in progression. On the surface I thought that this track is too clubby, but once you sink into it... Groovy and deep, with a very unique sound and ideas. Very uplifting.

T6: Subway starts going back to the darker feeling. Dropped the a lot of the club influences here. When the melody kicks in at 3:06, woooow. Uplifting, groovy, powerful, full of improvisation. From there on, they don't relent, keeping the energy level high, and flowing amazingly smooth.

T7: Amuzin kicks in with a much more "classic" trance feeling. Playing around with a vocal saying "amuzin" as the main source of the groove.... Very psychedelic touches and a very intelligent build, giving some explosive morning energy. Again, like only a very few people in the trance industry can do, a perfect flow. Uplifting, groovy, energetic.

T8: The title track for this album, returns to the low bpms. The flow here is intensive, the structure is nothing less than genius. Much more free music than what classic progressive style. Wow. A lesson in Psychedelia.

T9: Breeze finishes the album with a nice and relaxing ambient track, well executed, with a lazy groove that just forces you to relax. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

To sum it up, a lot of clubby influences in the music, but ManMadeMan show that trance doesn't have to be all serious and dark all the time, that psychedelia DOES make better music, and some very intelligent, smoothly flowing and uplifting tracks. I need to give this album a few more listens before I can say this is final (Single Cell and Palladium just keep getting better each time I hear them, and that's been a lot lately), I just haven't gone totally in depth with this album yet.

Favorites: 1, 2(!), 6, 7, 8(!), 9(!!)
___Sputer
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  85
Posted : Mar 15, 2002 15:15:26
Nice
___Joseph
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 15, 2002 15:49:46
i'll have to say that i didnt like that album
to housy...for me !!!
___starjoker
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 15, 2002 19:17:07
wait for my copy.. hope soon.. nice review..
___spin@
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 15, 2002 20:14:06
they jusy know how to do it :)

great staff
___Ice_D.
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 15, 2002 22:31:24
Great review Asaf!!;)
[quote]i'll have to say that i didnt like that album
to housy...for me !!!
[/quote]

I Agree!!

Cya:)
___vor
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 20, 2002 22:06:49
very nice review, asaf, but very boring stuff in here... whereīs that Karahana spirit?????????
___starjoker
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 21, 2002 21:17:33
asaf, is the time to say your last sign line -

ITS NOT BORING, ITS PROGRESSIVE.
___vor
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 22, 2002 21:34:42
well, zombi...

I play mostly full on music but I really like to dance a good progressive set... I like S-Range, Noma, Bitmonx, Orion, SBK, Auricular, Cosma, Shiva Shandra, Exanimo, Molecular, Soul Flyer and lotīs of other progressive artists that I just donīt know/canīt remember...

but this ManMadeMan is boring... for me, itīs boring...

Itīs not a non-full on album that sounds boring for me, itīs just a boring progressive album...

___kaz
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 22, 2002 21:35:39
OK, well, music isn't only for parties :)... This music may not be quite as powerful as Bitmonx, but it's a helluvalot more intelligent. Different than Bitmonx, ManMadeMan I hear at home, as well as enjoy at parties.

Music isn't just about digging and power.
___zahimi
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 29, 2002 22:41:47
music is about only 1 thing: u hear what u like.
all explanations are useless.
everything u think is individual.
nothing is more "intellegent".
nothing is boring.
its all about point of view.
:)
___starjoker
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 30, 2002 00:05:34
as i said before i dont have a copy of this album,so i realy cant say if its boring or not, i only kidded a litlle and wanted cause to asaf change his sign line to previus one.

for me music is something to listen to, trance for me is something what i like to dance to. i dont get point in trance that not make your mind dance, and then your mind dance your body will follow the rythm.
becoze it i can dance like hell to very softy  but music feeling full stuff and stuck like horse while some heavy but free of mind games stuff playing.
___zahimi
Old Forum Member
Posted : Mar 30, 2002 00:15:02
well, for me, trance is the only thing interesting.
what i feel about other kinds of music is that everything was said and sung so the words are meaningless...
and the music comes with the usual mainstream song is so much done before and boring, and when the lyrics dont mean anything to u like it does to me then there is no point in the whole song...
thats why i only listen to trance.
i moved on.
for now.
:)
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Music Reviews - ManMadeMan - Cell Division (Transient, 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance