MAKE ISRATRANCE GREAT AGAIN

OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Jun 23, 2017 00:54
Quote:

On 2017-06-16 22:38, ThiagoNAKA wrote:
Do you guys want to trade??? lol

Just 2 cents: my fav part of forum is/was Music Reviews. It was nice cause it was not a "fanboy" post and with more than "killer man" comments!

Do u guys still listen to new psy trance???

About myself: its been more than 10 years without a trance party. No more than 1 day without psy trance music.

Don't go to gigs. Too hard with 2 kids under 5 & a wife with a physical disability.

Mostly listen to techno, modular ambient, "IDM", drum & bass and house as this is also what I produce.

I do still follow Boshke Beats, DAT/DAT Mafia, Iono & Global Sect.

I followed the "hi tech" sound for quiet some time but now it just makes me feel paranoid & stressed. I get why Ott said years ago he doesn't like high BPMs. I don't go above 128 except for DnB.

Cuntus Maximus.
sulibaba
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 17, 2017 22:50
There are too many people that have the same old opinion. Which is that everyone has moved on to social media and what not. Okay, that may be true. But then, why are so many other forums flourishing like crazy?

Plus, the number of people that are getting sick of social media is also going up every day. There is too much of everything out there. It's nice to cozy up with like minded people in your own little corner of this cyberverse.           Bom!
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 21, 2017 11:43
All good things come to an end eventually           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 22, 2017 18:47
Quote:

On 2017-08-21 11:43, DETOX wrote:
All good things come to an end eventually

That's true.

Question that I can't help asking is... what's next?

What are you listening to these days Detox?

I find myself playing Goa from '94-'98, and the minimal at the millenium. Not so much for the memories, cos it was the soundscape for a different time back then, but more because it's not obnoxious and obvious, like the new music.
And jazz and classical because it never gets old.
acidohm

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 25, 2017 20:09
Testament to the kind of people who've been very involved in this site over the years, and....hand on my heart, i can honestly say are amongst my top 5 preffered artists today.....Brightlight and Martian Arts.

I don't poke around here much, but still do after 17 years since first logging in.....

Global Cooling is the new panic for the masses
DETOX

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Aug 25, 2017 23:23
My good friend Rich these days i listen to the same music i listened 22-23 years ago, ELECTRONIC MUSIC on all its forms from psytrance and techno to progressive and house and ofcourse ambient (no edm and dubstep for me though thanks i will pass).

As for psychedelic trance i am still into "oldschool" artists like Ajja, Tristan, Etnica, Logic Bomb and the likes. I guess you cant teach an old dog new tricks           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Aug 26, 2017 11:33
The only music from this scene I still listen to is the early Digital Structures & Boshke Beats releases. I thought that stuff was shit at the time but over the last 17 odd years I realize how quality it was/is.

The only new album to grab me in the last decade from this scene was Oforia's new album & Son Kite's (which IMO is just Minilogue rebranded).           Cuntus Maximus.
Hg
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Aug 30, 2017 08:52
          cna't find it
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Sep 26, 2017 15:42
Quote:

On 2017-08-21 11:43, DETOX wrote:
All good things come to an end eventually

wait what? humm..this is not the old Detox posting - where is he and what have u done with him?           ...
etnarama
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Oct 7, 2017 21:28
Since Psynina left... ;(           Visit me
http://www.myspace.com/etnarama
http://www.myspace.com/luxbuna
http://www.myspace.com/outerspacecreations
http://www.visionrecords.co.uk/
Flake_of_Freedom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Oct 13, 2017 23:46
Hi everyone,

I think too (like someone already said here before) that this community biggest asset is its users who keep returning here.
This community will be a great place to come to as long more and more of us will be here to share our new thoughts, ideas, reviews and so on.

Regarding the site itself, my humble opinion, though I'm sure many can agree with me on this, that the site can get some new features adding to it... it's been years.. and nothing (serious) changed here.
Adding new features and content will help people return here because they will see the site is alive.

To name one example that I can think of that can be a welcome addition;
Why not adding a like/dislike buttons to all the site posts/comments?

Eitherway, it's really great seeing you all

if someone has other ideas, it will be nice to read as well

thx for the topic Pavel
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 16, 2017 17:41
Yeah shouldn't be too hard to add a Like button (or ) and a running count. (No dislikes needed here)

@ DETOX that's good to hear! well, I don't know why, but it is

vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 9, 2018 08:30
well, since no one has been the doom-sayer and death pronouncer cliché, i'll bite. I'd also like to take this moment to double down on my assertion that this place is depressing, pointless, and should be put out of its misery.

**TLDR; the music sucks, artists get treated like crap, we're old, psytrance is old, people have moved on, there's no new blood, the world is fkd, my opinions are my own and possibly irrelevant and/or uninformed**

sulibaba is right, other forums are indeed flourishing as people get sick of social media, but that is not happening here for a few reasons.

the first is the music. the standards of quality has decreased significantly since we collectively decided that the music isn't worth paying for and doesn't deserve the dignity of being officially released. People who make really good sounding psytrance do so out of a nearly-pathological "love" for the music. Once they've spent 200 hours of time on their songs, they pay out of pocket for mastering, art, distro, and promotion maybe. If no distro, they pay Basilisk his 20 quid or whatever to literally give the music away to anyone who might listen. As a reward for all this time and money spent, the artist gets a few comments and people rate the album. Thats it.

I think we've all talked to death about how "live PA," or whatever they're calling it these days, is shite and DJs are more fun at parties. A lot of artists will even admit that they think "playing live" is stupid and maybe even a bit embarrassing. There's a reason why Shpongle's live sets became more about showcasing trippy visual & performance art than about Simon playing his tunes. Even if producers want to play gigs, no one will pay them to do so. Nearly everyone is expected to play for free, and +1's to festivals are treated as compensation. Many talented artists have made intentional moves to other genres where they will be treated professionally, or they have welcomed being co-opted by, and adjusted their sound for, "bass heads," "festies", "clubbers" ...or in the case of infected mushroom, "idiots."

In addition to these logistical considerations as to why the quality of the music has gone down, the people who've been pushing the boundaries and innovating the psy sound have, IMO, gone in a foul & obnoxious direction. Darkpsy, Hi-tech, Psycore, and general "avant garde" psytrance just doesn't work. sorry guys. Fine for home listening, i guess, if that's your thing...I listen to much weirder music in my free time at home or in the car...but really i don't find this stuff that compelling. And the dancefloor agrees. way too many people, at parties of primarily this musical style, spend the whole night around the fire or at camps socializing and networking... except for the 9 people who took the dangerously high dosages of drug cocktails required to feel compelled to dance to this music. I've witnessed and talked to countless party people who give it a shot but, its just not well suited to be dance music. the ebb & flow of the rhythms are too minimal, and tonal quality has been reduced to a 5 minute recording of someone dicking around with an analog synth. there seems to be so little intention in these tracks, just experimentation, and popularization through politics (hence all the socializing and networking at darkpsy parties). The person who would come to one of these parties for the first time and be hooked, doesn't exist. And to be a little more insulting to this genre, when it comes to the merits of home-listening avant garde music, i think there was more far out stuff being created in the 1960s even, than this. I swear i'm gonna come back to a psytrance festival in 10 years and DJs are gonna be spinning binaural beats through a loud speaker while the crowd sits in chairs on the dancefloor watching a pre-programmed light show in their iGlasses or whatever.

So with this kind of sonic innovation, the "good" psytrance releases merely aim to be representative of something in the past that we used to know. Despite all odds to the contrary, I hear it sometimes, and it sounds great. It makes me want to get up and dance...but it makes me dance to remember, whereas I used to dance to forget. The foreign, twisted, alien, sound I fell in love with is now either 1) familiar and comforting, or 2) repulsive (see above paragraph).

Add to all this that the relevance of the psychedelic underground is eroding in the face of legitimization. Lots of psy freaks either burnt out chasing their tails through an endless trip called "dissociative substance abuse," cashed out by making the move into cryptocurrency space, or washed out lobbying for medical/clinical use of psychedelics. I can fully understand all three of those groups and their motivations, tbqh.

Sometimes I meet people who I knew from back in my heyday, who are still very active in the scene, and they seem like they're stuck in a loop (with exceptions, of course; there are some wonderful, brilliant, inspiring people who've never left the scene). I feel sad for them and wonder what they are looking for that they will never find here. I see them fighting disillusionment behind their eyes, out of a sense of identity, loyalty, or something else, i dunno. doing the same things, going to the same parties, hanging with the same people, wondering (or ignoring) why their lives have stagnated. The washed out people I mentioned, lobbying for formalized, normalized use of psychedelics, are more than happy to see the pool of freaks drying up, because for their cause, these people just tarnish the polished academic appearance they are so desperately trying to establish/maintain. and who can blame them?

as a disclaimer, i'll note that this is a limited perspective of someone from North America. maybe somewhere else in the world there's a new generation of wild-eyed enthusiastic psytrancers taking all the time to comb through all the released to find the gold, putting on parties for the fun of it, and inspiring/supporting budding artists who want to create. and maybe they just don't wanna hang out with a bunch of grumpy ol' fuddy duddies like me here on the blue pages, and are forging their own new communities. If you know of this place, let me know, because i'd love to visit. But last I heard, goa is now a condominium farm, koh phangan is a creepazoid budget ibiza, and israelis have moved on from trance; meanwhile the symptoms of cancer in the wider european and north american society/culture have become too prevalent and overt to deny. Art, of any kind, being a hard thing to grow in the looming desert of neo-fascism, is troubling and depressing, but not at the top of the list of concerns for most people.

I don't really know whats going on in Oz, South Africa, or Japan, but like in all things, their isolation makes penetrating a global audience challenging. I've got a feeling its going to be up to South America to keep this flame going, and I hope they do.

times they are a changin'

Am I wrong?
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : May 17, 2018 19:12
And hearing Shpongle 3rd album I can't avoid to say:

Nothing lasts...

but nothing is lost.

"The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : May 21, 2018 23:43
Quote:

On 2018-05-09 08:30, vector_0 wrote:

**TLDR; the music sucks, artists get treated like crap, we're old, psytrance is old, people have moved on, there's no new blood, the world is fkd, my opinions are my own and possibly irrelevant and/or uninformed**

times they are a changin'

Am I wrong?

I'm from NA and feel the same way as you about it all. We're probably the same generation.
Curious why you point to South America for something good.
I point to Finland. There's an intelligence and a sense of humor there and a lot of the music I'm hearing is devoid of external (and internal) boundaries, but still grooves.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - MAKE ISRATRANCE GREAT AGAIN
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance