Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  The Workshop - madness@145bpm
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

madness@145bpm

Terrafractyl
Terrafractyl

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 10, 2005 07:49
Hi everyone, my first post here so i thought i'd upload a tune to see what people think.
i'm a classical muso, been playing in orchestra's round oz for last couple of years(bassoonist!,) but always wanted to write psy and over the last 2 years i've got increasingly obssesed!! i'm finally getting happy(er) about the production and sound but i still got a lot to learn...
If anyone feels like having a listen twould be great, comments and criticisms even greater...

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XOE7RTQXSYTA0UGG9DR7BH37F

peace out 'y'all
fregle
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 01:48
I like the beginning fun lyrics, nice modulation . But then it get's much toooooo FUll-on for me.... Trying to go head to head with the likes of audiotec and astrix and such? Good luck... Not to say that it's badly done, it's very well done, but to be very honest, i think this kind of music is overproduced already (how many full-on cd's are released each month again?). i do see some originality (like the flute which i really liked ), but it's too much like all the other fullon we get buried in every month, and then ur rubbing shoulders with astrix, audiotec, infected mushroom, etc, etc, etc,... are u up to that? I think u might be...
Terrafractyl
Terrafractyl

Posted : Oct 11, 2005 12:17
Thanks heaps for the feedback, it is probably the most full-on thing that i have done, recently been doing a lot of ambient stuff, but thought this would be more apropriate for this site:-)
thanks again...
Methodic Marble
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Oct 12, 2005 15:43
Hi there......
Well this my opinion :
Cool and original intro , cool rythms and voices.When the hat starīs,2:00, seems to me that need more hithatīs(defenetly)itīs a litle empty. The leads are +- like...not deep enough maybe.the melody at 4:00 but also needīs some deepnest.you know waht i mean?Maeybe reeverb do d work.Verry cool soundīs at 5:00.
Very weel done.Your melodies rock. very very ggood.

ī

thnkx for the input .on mine

more hithats......

Hasta
Terrafractyl
Terrafractyl

Posted : Oct 13, 2005 04:19
Thanks for the comments!

I think I will bring up the hihats a little, but i was wondering what you meant by
Quote:
The leads are +- like...not deep enough maybe

do you mean they have had too much low end eq'd out or need reverb? thanks again!
Methodic Marble
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Oct 13, 2005 15:57
Yes i think if you put a little of reeverb the melodis wonīt sound so empty,or maybe some equalization,try both to see withc sound better
Thatīs just my opinion.

by the way what do you mean by low end?

rubal
Rubal / Soundkraft

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Oct 15, 2005 08:59
i agree with methodic marble..

everythin in the track is just fine...but some how it still feels a lil empty....

i dont know why...i think the reverb on the synths will make a lota diffy..

and dont worry bout how much full on there is in this world of psy...after all u cant keep comin out with new genres every now n then..
the point is to do whaever u do correctly,efficiently,melodically......

and guess what..ur just there..

work on ur sound a bit more..n trust me...wow..whata track.

just the kina track i would love to listen to @ 730 am @ hilltop -GOA....nice n mellow...grooving to the beats.... swirling around...and doin cute dancy steps..with a big ass smile....mornin music....wowoww

P.S. - plz bring out the bass a bit more... wonderful.

bbbbb.b.b.b.b.b.bbom
Terrafractyl
Terrafractyl

Posted : Oct 15, 2005 12:42
Thanks heaps!!!!
the leads have really benefited from a bit more reverb, and i think the track has gone from being cool to being finished. Thanks for the input methodic marble and rubal!!
Quote:
just the kina track i would love to listen to @ 730 am @ hilltop -GOA....nice n mellow...grooving to the beats.... swirling around...and doin cute dancy steps..with a big ass smile

thats just what i was goin for!!
rubal
Rubal / Soundkraft

Posted : Oct 16, 2005 11:57
@ terrafractyl...i know thats wa u were "GoaN" for..hehe..
the track has the vibe in it.bro... nice nice...

wher u from though....

im goin to MELB to study audio..i make music too... some nice music... original...concepts...stories...visions..everything...bu just sounds..

bbbb.b.b.b.b.bb.bom

musc is an expression....every good track has an expression...and leme tell u..ur track is very expressive.

bbb..bb.b.b.b.b.bom again
NikC
BeatNik

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 16, 2005 17:15
Hello,

Firstly, wicked, you're a Bassoonist (like me )
i.e. we're both used to fat basslines

Haven't been able to properly listen to the track, but I think that the "depth" that's lacking is due to your hi-passing... try to get some more low-mids going, get abit more depth in the mix.

Reverb will make a difference, but it's based on the sounds themselves, Also work on kick and bass (as usual lol) e.q. in some more sub in the kick and a greater sense of unity in the bline (work with the decay possibly)
If you've hipassed the kick and the bass at at any point, remove it and work from there, add it later if you feel there are some jarring subs though.

Anyway,
Peace           www.myspace.com/beat_nik
Terrafractyl
Terrafractyl

Posted : Oct 17, 2005 09:47
Hi NikC great to see another bassoonist on isratrance!
I've been working on putting in some extra subs to the kick(waves maxbass)and it seems to be working a treat
i'll try working on the decay(bline) too thanks for the tip.

Quote:
wher u from though....

I'm living in melb... great city, i love it.
drop us a line when you get here
rubal
Rubal / Soundkraft

Posted : Oct 18, 2005 04:58
hey killer man terrafractyl...

so itl be wonderful to finaly meet u too....

but if u dont mind..i have to ask u a favour... maybe u could gimme a tip or 2 bout makin music....

maybe i could learn something from the way u make ur music.....

hope it wouldn be a problemo....

and ud be happy to meet me..coz ive got some talent too.... been a musician since 8 - 10 yr.

moving to collingwood in 2-3 days.

mail me ur phone no..
bbb.b.b.b.b.b.bom
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  The Workshop - madness@145bpm

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance