Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - M.A.G.E. II - Ames, IA - 10/23/2004 Pictures!
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

M.A.G.E. II - Ames, IA - 10/23/2004 Pictures!

Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 27, 2004 18:53
What a wonderful time! Party was a great sucess. You can tell people were definately appreciative of a psy party in the midwest. Hope to see more sprout up so I can enjoy them also!

Pictures can be found by Reptileji & SOT at
http://touchsamadhi.com/gallery/MAGE2
FARACID

Posted : Oct 27, 2004 19:35
whoah! looks like somebody in iowa was throwing up glowsticks... ha ha... IA is iowa, right?? forgot that state existed until now... anyways, seemed like a good time... peace!           oO0~ be happy . be hippie ~0Oo
Eklypz

Posted : Oct 27, 2004 19:48
yes, lots of glowsticks IA is Iowa, you are correct

Don't they use glowsticks at other trance parties around the world?
doku

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 27, 2004 22:53
I think glowsticks are a measure of the quantity of ravers in the scene. IMHO, that is a bad thing. I understand that in IA beggars can't be chosers, at least there is a scene to speak about.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Oct 27, 2004 23:01
Quote:

On 2004-10-27 22:53, doku wrote:
I think glowsticks are a measure of the quantity of ravers in the scene. IMHO, that is a bad thing.

we were all ravers once...

plur
Eklypz

Posted : Oct 28, 2004 00:14
Quote:

On 2004-10-27 22:53, doku wrote:
I think glowsticks are a measure of the quantity of ravers in the scene. IMHO, that is a bad thing. I understand that in IA beggars can't be chosers, at least there is a scene to speak about.

I would take a bunch of dancing ravers anyday than a bunch of elitist goaheads. Those ravers were cheering and clapping until the end, not something I see at alot of parties in established scnes. But I guess that comes with not being spoiled with psy parties every weekend. We are happy with accepting everyone to our parties and glad to have their positivity and energy!

Hell, I would be happy if bikers and goths were at our parties (and they have come to our raves ). It is about inclusion not exclusion!
dopey576
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 28, 2004 01:18
SO how was it?

Could some1 give a more detailed review because I was dying to go for it to support these guys.

And i agree Eklypz completely!

Hahaha elitist goaheads - i never thought id hear those two words together ;->

ToO mUcH pReSsUrE oN tHe BrAiN
dopey576
IsraTrance Junior Member

SO how was it?

Could some1 give a more detailed review because I was dying to go for it to support these guys.

dopey576
IsraTrance Junior Member

SO how was it?

Eklypz

Posted : Oct 28, 2004 04:18
Quote:

On 2004-10-28 01:18, dopey576 wrote:
SO how was it?

Was really really good. Had around 250 people. Everyone got into it was amazing. People from all over the midwest showed up in droves. Could really tell people were happy for this event, which gave me a warm fuzzy. Hard to toot my own horn so will let some people speak of it

There are a lot of reviews at:
http://ubersonic.org/content/view_comments.php/cid/58909

A couple of my favorites:

WOW. Everything at MAGE was absolutely amazing. The vibe was perfect. I was really impressed with the amount of work put into the whole setup. I couldn't believe it; the melting cieling, the black lights, the artwork, the orginal visuals, the sculptures, everything. I would like to thank everyone who helped make this happen. I know how much work and planning was involved for that night and I really appreciate it all. Special thanx to Jeff, Igor, Scott, Psybolic.com, and the Midwestburners. I am really happy with everyone who was getting down, which really was everyone. I was good to see so many people danicing so hard all night in an all goa setting and props to whoever brought the CHAI. That night is framework for things to come. I'm calling out to everyone in the Midwest to envoke thier psytrance spirits and to help make psytrance parties a regular occurance.

------
This was an amazing night for me as well. I've been waiting for this party for over a year now. Psy-trance has always been on the top list for me. And I'm glad that this Iowa seen has got more of taste of all the energy and joy it can bring. Thanx again Jeff! I hope to see alot more Psy trance around here.
-------
Oh man! What a Goa – Psy trance party in Midwest! Unheard of! Thanks to everyone who helped to organize this party (especially Jeff) and who contributed by their vibe. Music and visuals were amazing. Great to see familiar faces and get to know many Ubersonic peeps. Lots of good vibe and creative energy. All my friends from Fairfield had a blast. I am so glad I have stayed until Sunday morning around 7 a.m. to hear the most incredible morning Goa set by S.O.T and Kaiser Soze (Actually I would like to know names of tracks/interprets). Instant enlightenment. I wish more people would overcome their sleepy and candymissing minds to dance until morning, because the music itself was a trip to another dimension.
-------
Fucking awesome event - beyond all expectations! For some of my buds it was the best rave they’ve ever attended!

Thanks to Eclipz, the DJs, Psymbolic visuals crew and the Reiki shamans and everyone attending for contributing to the vibe!
--------
Had a blast at MAGEII, was my first rave, best weekend of my life (ed: hehe)
--------
This party was AMAZING! everyone's sets were insane, thanks to everyone that gave me a cd! Jeff, you are one hell of a guy that threw one hell of a party. Thanks alot. The lineup was incredible. I'm so glad I could see something like this happen and would definitely have to say that this is one of the better parties I've been to in the last while and the vibe was so great. Id really also like to thank Igor and Scott for tearing it up till 7:30 and partying right alongside of us all night. You guys MUST come back soon! Hopefully this party showed people what kind of a vibe comes with the psy scene and hopefully more people will get into it and more promoters bringing more goa to the scene! k, ill quit babbling now, GREAT TIMES!

-=-=-=-

Ok, I will stop, I guess I liked all the reviews
Psymbolic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Oct 28, 2004 16:47
We are still amped to have been a part of M.A.G.E. II
Subconscious Collective did an amazing job organizing this event.
It was a pleasure to work with such a professional collective.
The manner in which they work is truly respected.
It was an amazing spectacle to see such a vast array of ages at the event,
truly uplifting to see so many people of the younger generation showing up to
get into Psy - seems like in most places the word psyTRANCE is quickly
dismissed into what is known as mainsteam trance. This was not the case in
Aimes, Quite a diverse attendance!

ON with the review!
Zay, Boozer & DJ Storm really added to the environment with their
fluoro banners & decor.
It was performance art to watch you guys in UV splotted
jumpsuits & wigs hanging the art.

We really enjoyed visually collaborating with all the talented DJs
involved with this event.
Flawless mixes all night long.

Dr. Mindbender set the night out right
with an equal balance of light & dark psy-tunes.

Astrlvapor added a very unique & surreal notion to the night.
Choice selections led a great organic tribal psy/goa journey &
proved to be the perfect wooden planked bridge from the darker
side of Dr. Mindbender to the techy madness laid out by Vax...

Vax laid some psy-tek tek tek tekno heard not before. We've had
the pleasure of experiencing great psytrance artists as well as
techno artists perform. But not anything like this... Beat building
beats upon patterns evolving, escalating & morphing over time,
Vax simply had the crowd going crazy.

Freedom & Shagee are the perfect tag team duo. Their stage performance
was outstanding. Both of their personalities are very complimentary
and their actions resonate through the audience. They slowly built
upon the structure Vax laid out, then unleashed the wrecking ball.
They covered a wide area of newer relentless full-on psy to
some of the best, but not-so-often played older full-on goa

S.O.T. & Kaiser Soze transitioned & ever slowly but perfectly added the
much needed space between & a few feathers in a valley. They were
like two cosmonauts in a 4x4 that could & would go anywhere & everywhere.
Their programming & track selection was immaculate.

Dj Storm took it down another notch, only to add & mix the perfect sunrise
concoction. The crowd had thinned out a bit, but only enough to give space
to those crazy zim zam zooming early morning dancers. It was evident that
this was a night to remember & DJ Storm ended it on the perfect note .....
Slowly faded down the audio around 9 a.m. only to hear Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Comon
Play one more...Juust play one mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore track.

Event Photos
http://touchsamadhi.com/gallery/MAGE2
gatsby
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 28, 2004 17:25
Quote:

On 2004-10-28 00:14, Eklypz wrote:
Hell, I would be happy if bikers and goths were at our parties (and they have come to our raves ). It is about inclusion not exclusion!

More bikers, more goths and pagans, more fat people, more naked people, more black people, more old people, more hippies, more punks. All of the above.
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - M.A.G.E. II - Ames, IA - 10/23/2004 Pictures!

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance