Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Luomuhappo - Pog-o-Matic Pogómen 3000000 (Freakdance Records 2004) CD
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Luomuhappo - Pog-o-Matic Pogómen 3000000 (Freakdance Records 2004) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Nov 11, 2004 00:19
Luomuhappo - Pog-o-Matic Pogómen 3000000

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/5xb37

Artist: Luomuhappo (Finland)
Title: Pog-o-Matic Pogomen 3000000
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Freakdance Records (Finland)
Cat. #: FDCD05
Date: 1 November 2004

Track listing:

01. 09’05” Greatest of Blessings
02. 04’42” Vonka
03. 07’10” Sossumassi Jam
04. 07’41” Dixie Bitch
05. 08’34” Luuloterve
06. 05’57” Linnahomo
07. 04’51” Nainen
08. 06’42” Ghetto-Zen Dub
09. 05’21” Rauhaa Veljet
10. 08’00” Haapaneitty
11. 03’26” Line Out

Review:

Populäärimusiikkia!

Luomuhappo is 23 year old Jere Häkkinen from Funland and this is his second album on Freakdance Records, which he’s also a founding member of… This is the label’s 5th release following the mega-weird album by Puoskari called The Audio Hustler

Luomuhappo roughly translates into ‘organic acid’ and I’m guessing Jere had more than a single zip of grandpa Häkkinen’s cough-medicin when he sat down and composed this… But, before we dig deeper into the music, let me just take a second to talk about the cover art, which is among the coolest I’ve seen in a long time… Designed by Jere himself, this is quite the eye catcher with its rustic appearance, simplistic style and naïve old-school cartoon-approach – I like it!

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: “Perhaps you got the taste of madness?” Things kick of in a relaxed pace, but soon it gets faster and faster Bolero-style… And before you know it, it’s full-blown Finn-tango-psy… I really dig this track here – though it’s fast, it’s not fast for the sake of being fast… It’s just fast, ok? Also the guitar-action kicks ass! Kinky, but nice…

#02: TV static, breaks, electronic sound forgery, Atari-bleeps, rolling synths, filters, filters and filters… To name but a few of the many elements here… Faster-harder- Luomuhappo!

#03: Brace yourself! Fusion jazz mixed with electro-dubby, single note sound-excursions… Scores high on the old what-the-fuck-was-that meter… But hey, it’s an interesting track for sure!

#04: On this track, Jere takes after his famous family-name brother Mika Häkkinen ‘cause this track goes faster than a formula 1 car… Ripping acid lines, demented steel drums, darkish soundscapes and plain hardcore mayhem… Check out the cool flute! Sweet!

#05: Hard-trancey… Stomping… Organic… Blasting… Hypnotizing …Organ-trance party music! ;o)

#06: This is the oddball track of the album – if you can actually talk about oddball tracks with this kind of music… It incorporates the sound of an eerie laughter and uses it for most of the track – pitched up and down and run thru all kinds of filters… The laugh-track so to speak!

#07: And now we’ve crossed the border into the ‘other part’ of the album – my fav’e part: The more chilled part… This track is kinda chilled w/naïve melodies alongside breakz and random sauna-gibberish… It’s actually very harmonic, and very nice!

#08: Reggae-dub-ska-punk-saiko-grunge! “Most civilized people are out of touch with reality because they confuse the world as it is, with the world as they think about it, talk about it and describe it.” This is the way I prefer to take my Finnish delights – chilled and über-cool!

#09: Laidback Finn-dance sauna-beats… In Finland ambient is faster than anywhere in world – or at least when it’s done by members of the Freakdance posse! Would go well hand in hand with Schlabbaduerst ambient… Nuff said – just close your eyes and imagine yourself on an air mattress floating on one of the thousand Finnish lakes… Sheer beauty!

#10: Electro-chill-dub with wicked percussion… Though very simple, this is so frikkin’ psychedelic… This kind of stuff kicks the shit out of any popular music from Vittula!

#11: Enter hardcore-dub–with-lazy-guitar-territory… Jere is putting the finishing touches on this album with this harmonic little beast…

It’s no secret that after my listen, I liked the latter part of this album best… I’ve often had a hard time digesting larger portions of perverted Finnish trance, and some of the faster tracks were a bit too… ehhm …fast, for my taste… But after repeated listens the first part has grown on me, and I’ve almost grown equally fond of both parts of the album… There are some very interesting ideas unfolding here – some of which work better than others, but for the most part it’s very well done…

It’s an added bonus that we’re also treated to some tracks here that are a bit more chilled – and they outweigh the 150BPM tracks nicely as a striking contrast… I do like this more than the Puoskari album and I’d recommend this to any open-minded fan of out-of-the-ordinary Finnish vodka-trance!

Only 700 copies pressed, so you might not want to wait too long before ordering this… If you’re the kinda pervert into this! ;o)

Favourites: 1(!), 3, 4, 8(!!), 9, 10,

DeathPosture

External links:
Freakdance Records: http://www.freakdancerecords.net/
Luomuhappo: http://www.mikseri.net/artistit/?id=16816
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/5jvy2 (Audio samples available!)
StreetBeat: http://tinyurl.com/4k8o2
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/ (…soon!)
          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
K.T.E

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 11, 2004 07:26
Don't have time to write a long review now, but I'll just say that this is a great and original release with plenty of variety. Way to go Jere and Freakdance!
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Nov 11, 2004 07:37
You beat me up to it DeathPosture. I was going to write a review later on.

Anyway, this is a brilliant album, Finnish karahana.

The laughing track is hilarious! I laugh everytime I hear it.

Brilliant album, just brilliant.
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
suomi guy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Nov 11, 2004 09:52
very nice album, half is fast and jumping the other is chilling and Dubby, just like Luomuhappo doing best. nice album, another release is added to the very low variety of good releases this year.           "My single one to cross the ways that have heart, any way that has heart. That way I cross, and the only test that is worth is to cross all its length. And that way I cross watching, watching, out of breath"
Don Juan
Alek

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 11, 2004 16:47
Great album. Fulfiled all my expectations and more . Tracks 1 and 7 are special.           How am I supposed to hallucinate with all these swirling colors distracting me!
jizzy

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 1, 2004 09:54
laughing at the laughing track and smiling at the rest of this, a great album for variety it also works pretty well as a whole i think, some noice mid-130bpm music that makes you wanna shuffle the truffle
Dark_Dork
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 1, 2004 12:41
Hurray for Freakdance records
Must hear this ASAP... Laughing track!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Luomuhappo - Pog-o-Matic Pogómen 3000000 (Freakdance Records 2004) CD

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance