Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lotus Omega - Quantum Rabbit Hole (2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Lotus Omega - Quantum Rabbit Hole (2002)

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Nov 2, 2002 13:41
Lotus Omega - Quantum Rabbit Hole
(Mechanik Sound)

Tracklist:

7 bit
Hardware
Fatburg
Almagortion
Amnios
Groove Digger
The Blissed One
134 Coil
Trance Do Brazil

As you can see there are 9 tracks and not 8 as it's written on psychop.

A little technical information, the tracks are quite fast, i mean the tempo starts from 140 bpm in 7 bit and evolves progressively to reachs 150 in The Blissed One then slow down for the two last tracks.

The 2 first tracks aren't my favorites.

Things start to improve with Fatburg, a bouncy bassline ,you add a big dose of psychedelism and you got a nice happy stuff.

Almagortion is the moment when music gets seriously interesting with Lotus Omega. This track has some feeling like Crop Circles (Etnica+Lotus Omega) , sharp,strident and acid tones with a hint of madness.

Amnios is an exception in this album., Lotus Omega (Francesco d’Amato and Filippo Scrimizzi) made it with Poli ( ? if i well understand). Some bleeps, distorted and mettalic sounds, good energy, you keep the Lotus Omega touch : lots of sharp sounds and you put the bpm at 147 . Now to finish the receipe, you got to put a headphones on, pump up the volume and enjoy !

The tempo accelerates (149 bpm) in Groove Digger, but the magic of the 2 previous tracks has vanished, it’s the same for The Blissed One.

The inspiration does shyly his come back in 134 Coil, honest whitout more.

After all this, you’ve got a klonk stuff with Trance do Brazil, it’s the time of recreation for Lotus Omega, a psychedelic brazilian samba tune sampled on the famous traditionnal brazilan tune « Samba de Janeiro ».

If you were thinking the current psytrance productions becoming less & less psychedelic or more & more uniform, you should try Quantum Rabbit Hole.
But warning, it can reveal itself too repetitive for some people …

Bests moments :4,5,9

biOnic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Nov 20, 2002 20:37
i'm really disappointed with this Lotus album... I was expecting much more of Rossi and Filippo... hope they can come with better stuff next time...

respect
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Nov 20, 2002 21:41
this is not their best for sure !
but
Almagortion is damn good track !
          what if everyone of us will think positive about peace ?

DJs can fly!
Leo_BurnS
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Dec 4, 2002 01:44
I need to agree with my colegues , this album haven't showed the Lotus potential, and I think that once they decided to release the "Trance do Brazil" track on this album ,they should have done a new RMX to it ....

: ( That's all folks           You may think you can fly, but you better not try .......
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lotus Omega - Quantum Rabbit Hole (2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance