Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Liquid (Tribe-adelic, Sep. 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Liquid (Tribe-adelic, Sep. 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Sep 17, 2001 23:30:01
[b][u]Liquid (Tribe-adelic, Sep. 2001)[/u][/b]
1. Cosmosquad- The Boom 6:34
2. Talamasca- Friendly Squid 7:46
3. Mr. Peculiar- Charlie's Trip 7:37
4. Space Fly- Mm Mind Altering 7:21
5. Fractal Glider- Witch Doctor 7:13
6. Lestat & Matt- Ezekiel 8:15
7. Fractal & Benza- Ghost in the Shell 8:14
8. Mr. Peculiar- Pop a Cell 6:40
9. Benza- Just Ask the Axis 8:13
10. Orbit Construction- Boundless 5:45

Well, trance from Oz is apparently not just Demon Tea/Psyharmonics' weirdness, or Edgecore breaks- here's a new Ozzie label with full on classic goa trance- I'm proud to present: the melodic backlash- Oz style... get ready to travel back in time.
Starting is Cosmosquad from France- a cross between MFG and SUN Project would be a quite accurate description. As full on as it can be, just as the name suggests, and great work with samples as well. Simple and straight to the point. We go on with the French connection with Talamsca's Friendly Squid (T2), an ordinary Talamsca tune- nothing special but with Cedric's usual energy, and irresistible exploding build-ups. Mr. Peculiar, starts representing the Ozzie side, with the really cute Charlies' Trip- great samples from the Wili Wonka's factory, psychotic flying sounds all around, a lot of energy, ever changing rhythms, and also great work with the melody. A shame about the sound though- it definitely needs an upgrade, but I think this guy should be watched after for some delicious stuff in the future. His trance version for Hot Butter's Pop Corn- Pop a Cell (T8 )- is cute and fun as well, but I would be interested to hear original melodies from this guy. Olli Wisdom & a friend as Space Fly (T4), hmmm, I thought that Goblin stole the kingship of samples from Olli, but this track might change my mind. The 60's are back here... gotta smile... but the track just doesn't stands up to it. Could it be an old one that escaped releasing? It sounds a bit like that. A full on packed tune, Olli-style. Fractal Glider, another full on Ozzie, with two tracks here (T5 & T7), one together with Benza- nice for those who missed the old full on melodic Israeli sound, here dipped in a lot of flying psychedelia with an oriental flavor. A travel back in time for me, sound-wise as well. Lestat & Matt with yet another track that uses the Samuel L. Jackson Ezekiel speech (T6), and not in the best way. Nice explosion after the break, though, and then it gets better. Benza with Just Ask the Axis (T9) gives us a more relaxed emotional open track. The track is nice, and the melodies caressing, but the sound is neither. After you go through all that full-on-ness a very nice chilled surprise awaits you. A very nice drum'n'spacey relaxing track from Orbit Construction, with real psychedelic atmosphere- I wish it was longer, though. Gonna search for more from these guys.

[b]Bottom Line:[/b] The French-Australian full on goa trance connection- for those who missed that- don't miss this one. If you're over it, leave it be. [b]Favorites:[/b] 1, 3, 10(!).
[b] [/b] [u] [/u]
___Sex-Tazi
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 18, 2001 00:06:15
I had this compilation long time now.. Very fresh one with the vibey full-on style I love.

Didn't understand the Ozz thingy though.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Liquid (Tribe-adelic, Sep. 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance