Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lightsphere - Oneness (Audioload Music, 2011)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Lightsphere - Oneness (Audioload Music, 2011)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Sep 12, 2011 09:57:47
Lightsphere - Oneness

Audioload Music, 2011

1. Slide Show
2. Natural Movement
3. Oneness
4. Feel
5. Hidden Harmony
6. Upside Down
7. Rise (Lightsphere Rmx)
8. Underwater Landscapes
9. And The Beat Goes On
10. Intersession

On the 4th of July 1776 king George III of England wrote in his diary: "Nothing important happened today". It was the day of the Declaration of Independence by the United States. One can assign a similar comment to the date when this album was released. I would exchange its title "Oneness" for "Sameness". My impression after listening to the samples at one of the most popular online shops with psy-sounds was, lightly speaking, not among the good ones. I even allowed the thought that there was an enormous mistake going against the creators and their listeners, through which only one sample of a single track was presented as the samples of all tunes from this album. The situation was quickly verified by the authors - the album was supposed to sound like that from the very beginning.

Unfortunately, the concept of this album does not defend in any way its substantially repetitive nature, because the "copy-paste" effect of the album is overwhelming. The debut album "Reflexion", which Lightsphere released in 2006, was not something revolutionary, but it was done in a very decent manner and the tracks were quite varied. When compared with the second album it appears to be a very complex release. Boredom is the leading factor here and listening to this CD is an experience of indifference. It's a shame because I had serious hopes connected with this release regarding not only a solid, but above all inventive and diverse progressive psytrance. Indeed, the tracks have the proverbial punch, which I was able to verify some months earlier during the duo's live act at a local trance party. It is certainly light, positive and quite sunny music, but in larger quantities and schematic form presented here it simply begins to make one bored to death. Although it can make one move at a party (it is hard to fall asleep at the trancefloor), listening to it individually is a sure case of involuntary yawning reflexes. The album is just begging to go along the concept contained in the word "progressive" and further develop the idea of the first track in more than only one way, which here is based on its copying practically throughout the whole album.

"Oneness" is an album which could have achieved much more. His assessment would be better if not for the fact that nothing is happening throughout the whole CD. The first track starts, continues and extends for nine following tracks. The five year break between this album and the debut "Reflexion" is totally unjustified. A serious disappointment and a large scratch on the general image of very good releases by Polish artists. Pity. I hope that their next album will show Lightsphere in a better light. Meanwhile, I shall listen to "Reflection" once more.

Templar / http://www.psytrance.pl

Links:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/alm/alm1cd003.html           www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lightsphere - Oneness (Audioload Music, 2011)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance