Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lauge & Baba Gnohm - Langbortistan - 2011
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Lauge & Baba Gnohm - Langbortistan - 2011

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Oct 18, 2011 13:24:35
LANGBORTISTAN

01 – Langbortistan – 10:33
02 – Dybet – 8:51
03 – H2O - 8:51
04 – Refleksioner - 12:00
05 – Nordlys – 13:41
06 – Hypnose – 8:03
07 – Rejsen – 10:48

Langbortistan is the debut album of Lauge and Baba Gnohm. After having some releases in compilations and a debut EP called Monolith (which is a free release, that can be found in Ektoplazm), finally arrives their debut album. After suffering some delays, the album is released solo digital format. And here is where resides probably the only negative aspect of this release, being myself a collector of physical releases, and this one is not, I feel powerless not be able to have this one is physical format.

But let us pass onto the music, which, after all, is the main reason and purpose.
Langbortistan (T1) is the opening track and it reflects what you can expect of the entire album voyage. It starts in a pure ambient way, and around six minutes it gets percussive elements till the end. The used sounds and leads are simply but very emotional and deep, creating an electronic vibe very delightful. A long track by the way, with more than 10 minutes. Dybet (T2) is the following track, and this one begins in a subtle way, in a long crescendo, slowly, with addition of leads here and there, till it reaches of climax of one-dimensional sounds, where the released emotion at that moment is pure bliss; and then it develops that simplistic way till the end of music. H2O (T3) is very similar, to track number one, in the way the structure of the track is built. Of course the used sounds are different, but that ambient start and percussive elements are very similar. I really like the way the ambient part grows slowly with warm sounds to the part where the first kick enters. It’s divine! And the development of the track with the percussive components is very mellow, mature and with deep sounds, that at the same time are so simply and so easy listening. Refleksioner (T4) is probably one of the most dynamic tracks of the album, and by sign one of the longest: 12 minutes of epic sounds. With the risk of repeating myself, the delicate use of simply sounds creates an atmosphere that very few are able to create. This one almost seems like a story being told by every note; every single sound creates a fairy-tale - the leads are out of this world, they´re melodious, they´re energetic and they´re lively. Nordlys (T5) is the lady that follows. Probably the inspiration for the name came from a Nord Rack? Well it doesn´t matter, but the longest track of the album is another voyage into melodious, magical regions of the waves of sound. The beginnings of the music are very soft, that slowly morphs into a more sophisticated and mature alignments of sounds. Steady but triumphal making its pace, it frees emotions not easily describable. Once more we have an ambient introductory first part, and a percussive second part. It is one I liked most of mixing on a Chill Out Floor, cause listened through a big sound system, it really gets another dimension.
Imagine a morning. A misty morning, slowly rays of sun bursting through the fog, hitting your face and warming up your heart. This is the things that come to my mind after hearing the Hypnose (T6) track. And finally we are in our final track, Rejsen (T7), though it is much in the mood of the album, it gets another type of treatment with the used sounds, and I risk myself to say that they are harsher, not in an aggressive way, but you can feel a different work in this one.

The mastering was made by Huby Sea and I must refer he did a great job in turning the music into crystal clear.

So to conclude my review I just want to say this is one of those albums where you can put play and listen from start to the end without any breaks on the flow of the music’s. I do not have any particular favorite, and to detach one from the others is unfair. All of the tunes work well in a Chill Out floor, which I had the chance of testing them, and get good response from the public. We can clearly hear the maturation of Lauge & Baba Gnogm sound. From my point of view this is one of those albums which will leave a mark in the Ambient/Chill Out by the simplistic, yet very captivating songs. Lauge and Baba Gnohm were able to put in this album a magical feeling, that you cannot hear it very often these days. I am astounded by the quality of the music that is presented in here. Definitely a must buy, which I advise to be made. Support the artists cause they surely have worked hard to create this unique piece of art, and will probably continue to surprise us with their enchantments.
Favorites: All (!!)

Ps: probably the more I tried, the less I could describe this album, because words are limitative to express the quality of the album.

…and I feel like awakening from a dream, a voyage, of unparalleled precedents.
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Oct 18, 2011 13:55
very nice album congratulations for this release!           ------------------------------
NEMESIS - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2007
PATTERNS EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2009
SEANCE - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2011
PATTERNS II EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2013
Lauge
Lauge

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Oct 20, 2011 17:02
Thank you for the review a3k           www.myspace.com/orbitallauge
www.myspace.com/babalauge
www.myspace.com/babagnohm
Carbuncle

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Oct 22, 2011 00:28
brilliant release from Lauge & Baba Gnohm, wish best of luck in upcoming releases, ))
Altar Records
Altar Records

Started Topics :  78
Posted : Oct 27, 2011 21:20
Altar Records is proud to announce the release of this album in a limited edition digipack format.
Reserve yours before it's too late!
http://www.altar-records.com/lauge.html

Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Nov 5, 2011 06:31
Good Review a3k.

IMO One of the Best Ambient Releases of 2011 Hands Down. !!
Its absolutely stunning.. thanks for the sounds Henrik and Kalle, Hope to hear more albums on this sound platform in future.

Highly Recommended

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Nov 9, 2011 17:31
very nice dreamy album.
digesting it...

Misha_
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 4, 2012 12:50
Best album from last year.A true masterpiece.
Nice review a3k.           www.soundmute-recordings.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lauge & Baba Gnohm - Langbortistan - 2011

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance