Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - Labyrinth 2005
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Labyrinth 2005

russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Aug 17, 2005 13:01
Mindgames is back for another trip on Sep.2-4 through different areas of underground electronica; from trance and techno and progressive to deep tech-house and downbeat grooves.

Like last year, music is three-days non-stop, with a chilled Saturday afternoon-evening of dub, ambient, and anything downbeat.

Here's all the vital info:

Mindgames
The Labyrinth 2005
"Three Days of Underground Electronica"

September 2nd (fri) - 4th (sun)
Music 45-hours non-stop: start @ 9/2 (22:00) - 9/4 (19:00)

Live

Mathew Jonson (Itiswhatitis / Minus / Wagon Repair / CAN)
Midimiliz (G+ Records / Boshke Beats / Wakyo / GER)
Minilogue (Traum Schallplatten / Sprout / Sog / SWE)
Extrawelt (Border Community : GER)

Djs

Kasey Taylor (Vapour / VapourRise / AUS)
D-Nox (Sprout / Plastic Park / VapouRise / GER)
Dave Mothersole (Kiss100FM / Fabric London / Swag / UK)
Arne Schaffhausen (Midimiliz / Extrawelt / The Delta / Spiralkinder / GER)
Peter Didjital (Digital Structures / SWE)
Marcus (Son Kite / Minilogue / Digital Structures / SWE)
So (Labyrinth / Mindgames / Tri-Bute / Plusquam / JP)
Karl Axel Bissler (K.A.B. / Digital Structures / Feed Me / SWE)
Shingo (PsyAeen / Exotic Native / JP)
Seb (Son Kite / Minilogue / Kooler / Ooze / Chilosophy / SWE)
Hiyoshi (Dakini Records / JP)

Slide Show and Visual Projections

Hinge (www.hingedesign.com / NZ)

Sound

Funktion-One

Place

Hotaka Kogen, Kawaba Campground, Gunma

Entrance Fee

Advance: 9500 yen
Gate: 11000 yen

Group Discount (5 or people): 9000 yen*
Tokyo Bus Tour Ticket: 16000 yen*
*Group discount and bus tour tickets only available at Quintrix

Tickets Available

[ALL JAPAN ]
Lawson Tickets: 0570-063-003 (L-code: 39961)
[SHIBUYA]
Quintrix: 03-6415-6678
[SHIBUYA]
Cisco House Pt 2: 03-5459-0848
[SHIBUYA]
Global Chillage: 03-5766-0548
[SHIBUYA]
Technique: 03-5458-4143
[EBISU]
Connected: 03-5722-3423
[HARAJUKU]
Psymin: 03-3403-0693
[YOKOHAMA]
Rhythmyth: 045-663-8365
[NAGOYA]
Juice: 052-954-8465
[ONLINE SHOP]
http://www.techno.to

Information

e-mail: info@mindgames.jp
tel: 090-4378-3936 (Japanese)
tel: 090-8030-9393 (English)

Website

http://www.mindgames.jp
mad factory
drap drop

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Aug 18, 2005 00:34
good lucky!i really like to see midimiliz!
but i cant go...sorry russ!my baby just born 2 weeks
a go!
russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 18, 2005 11:11
el-5, congratulations man!! that's amazing. welcome to the life of being a Dad and i wish you all the luck!!
russ
Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 18, 2005 12:40
fuckin awsome lineup.

Mathew jhonson - latest word in underground electronica indeed.no relation to trance -
and that is good and unusual.
Extrewelt - supercool midi sideproject - hi fi tech house electro or whatever u call it.
and the rest is the good and the known.

u sure dont see this in japan everyday-
Respect !!!!
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 10:38
my god, matthew Johnson!!!
click/tech house here we come.
this guy makes some original music.
I should be able to be there.
Good luck with the party.
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Aug 23, 2005 14:12
midimiliz,extrawelt rox!!!!
          Planet Ben Records
Sihaya

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 4, 2005 08:12
Once again I was unable to make it to Labyrinth:( Hope it was a good time and would love to hear some reviews from the lucky people that made it!
Jayme
sickboy

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 5, 2005 14:50
Jayme, I'm so mind and body exhausted from this past weekend, that I don't know if I'll ever give a full review (whatever my opinion would be worth )

But, to sum it up, an amazing weekend... so nice to see so many people on the same page at the same time!! Great music, great vibe, great people, great location, great weather (right up until literally the last minutes)... the Labyrinth crew do it up right, and the artists, besides being extremely talented at what they do, from what I could tell by talking to a few, buy into the "Labyrinth way of thinking" completely!! A complete 'experience'!!!

Thank you to everyone!!!
Christian
D-Nox

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Sep 8, 2005 00:52
for me the best japan experience i´ve ever made!!!

thanks to the whole crew - u made something very special, your taste is unique and nobody can beat you!

this was the best event in 2005!

music, people, weather, location, organisation, atmosphere and I have to list Mathew Johnson ( he made me freak out big time!)
sickboy

Posted : Sep 8, 2005 01:33
In case anyone doubts it, I can personally veryify that I saw Christian and Peter Dijital (along with everyone else), really freaking (big time!) and grooving to Mathew Jonson
sickboy

Posted : Sep 8, 2005 02:05
Sorry, just to add on to my previous post...

I saw Christian on the floor after he was finished, for Mathew Jonson , and I said to him "great set"... his reply was "well, thanks, but not as good as this, right!?!?", which made me laugh... and it made me think... That is one thing that seperates a 'good' party from a 'great' one... at a 'great' party, you don't necessarily think of the sets in relative terms, so-and-so was ok, but this is really good, or whatever. It all works as one groove... yes, an ever evolving and changing groove, but still one groove that carries you up the mountain, and finally back down again.

At a small (free?) party, you don't mind so much if their is slight incontinuity to the music, the odd not quite professional performer thrown into the mix, because the vibe, the people, are the most important thing.

At a medium to big party, you expect more... and Labyrinth delivers (and has delivered consistently, by all accounts)

Fine Diner
Fine Diner

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 9, 2005 15:47
Yeh this was the best event of 2005 for Japan , and the globe ... everything fell into place perfectly including the rain during the encore...After being to some pretty poor parties in Europe over the summer it made me realise Japan has some of the best parties in the world...Big KUDOS to the crew!
russ
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Sep 14, 2005 10:49
As the organizer, I'm a little biased, but I feel The Labyrinth 2005 was the best event ever in Japan.

Huge thanks to the dj's and the musicians who played brilliantly from the first track to the last, the beautiful staff and crew who worked so hard, and the party-goers who went for it big-time on the floor with all their heart.

There are other events around the world in more spectacular locations, with more people, and with more forms of entertainment going on, but I think there is no other event that means so much to the people on the floor, and there is no other event that features the progression of music we all got to hear over those 45 hours.

So many sets were amazing, but for me the standouts were Karl Axel Bissler's passionate Friday night intro, Dave Mothersole's 5-hour journey through the entire spectrum of underground electronic dance music, Marcus's trippy and hypnotic classic trance set, Arne's electro and minimal techno dj set and midimiliz/extrawelt live sets, and of course, MATHEW JONSON, who freaking blew my mind. I have never seen anybody play with the sound with such childlike glee and tweak the frequencies like that sonic maniac.

Simply put, Mathew is a genius, and it was a huge honor for me to host him, and all the artists, and the entire Labyrinth crowd, for that very special weekend. You all made memories to last a lifetime.

love and respect to you all,
russ
Trance Forum » » Forum  Japan - Labyrinth 2005

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance