Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - KoxBox - Dragon Tales (Blue Room Released) 1997
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

KoxBox - Dragon Tales (Blue Room Released) 1997

PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Feb 13, 2007 15:25
I can't believe how much crap this scene has to keep up with these days, so here is a review for those who miss "the days"....

KoxBox - Dragon Tales (Blue Room Released, November 1997) BR058CD

1. D.M. Turner
2. Electronic Brainwash
3. Doktor Mesmer
4. Life Is...
5. Colourdrops
6. Tokyo Nights
7. Stratosfierce 2001
8. Searching For Psychoactive Herbs

It's very rare I can recommend an album and say that all the tracks are absolutely masterpieces... When this album was released, I was totally blown away hearing the creativity in this album. At the time it was released, it got mixed feedback from the global Goa trance scene, because it brought something new to the scene; less typical Goa melodies and more far out psychedelic vibes than we had ever heard in this scene before. But, the album has grown on people, and is now considered as a real classic in the psytrance/Goa scene worldwide. Back then, Koxbox was three guys, something I feel helped to make this album to such an outstanding result. Peter Candy with all his creativity, Ian Ion the studio wizard and Frank E with his crazy ideas made them to dream team! Back then, I had the honour to see the three of them live at a rave party in Oslo, Norway, where they served most of these tracks. A live set that made me go totally mad on the dancefloor. I have actually never danced like this ever since! It was the ultimate head trip to listen to these tracks on a great soundsystem. What a memory! To my frustration, I was filmed by the national TV (without knowing it) while I was dancing, something that was shown on the next days news, focusing on drugs related to rave parties... Phone calls from family, friends, teachers etc came in, wondering what the hell I was on... Anyway, after this album Peter candy left the band, and Koxbox took a new direction with more minimal sound. This album is my best memory from 1997, with a unique sound which will probably never come back... Those were the days! Also the cover art is wonderful. A must have album for everyone interested in the psychedelic side of electronic music.
          CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 13, 2007 16:26
Quote: To my frustration, I was filmed by the national TV (without knowing it) while I was dancing, something that was shown on the next days news, focusing on drugs related to rave parties... Phone calls from family, friends, teachers etc came in, wondering what the hell I was on...

---

Lol, thats funny *sue them* Indeed KoxBox is legendary in the sense of quality psychedelic trance music. Too bad I can't find this album anywhere. And as rare as this is these days, I guess I never will .. Wish they would reissue it, but that would ruin it’s rare and magical feeling.
I guess.
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Feb 13, 2007 16:43
Quote:

On 2007-02-13 16:26, spytooned psytones wrote:
Wish they would reissue it, but that would ruin it’s rare and magical feeling.
I guess.

It's actually reissued TWO times...

One time on Danish Orange Records and one time on Inpsyde Media, so it shouldn't be so hard to find...           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
TrippyJohnny
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 13, 2007 21:32
Quote:

On 2007-02-13 15:25, PKS wrote:
my frustration, I was filmed by the national TV (without knowing it) while I was dancing, something that was shown on the next days news, focusing on drugs related to rave parties...

Not as embarissing as falling on you a** while ice scating in the middle of a live interview with a ice hockey star on Danish National TV hehe

Agteed.. This is among the best psychedelic trance releases ever released.           http://www.peopleagainstpeace.net/
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Feb 15, 2007 14:44
One of the best albums ever. Loved it ever since it was first released. Life Is... remains one of my all-time favorites, but every single track on the album is pure gold. In the days when "groovy" and "psychedelic" still coexisted, this was a peak of both.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 19, 2007 16:28
Perhaps my all time favourite goa trance album. Trippy and intelligent I wish there was more music like this.           Kimi-tachi wa keikoku sareta!
pr0ph3t

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 9, 2007 13:37
in my top 5 whole time, along with infected mushroom - "the gathering", hallucinogen - "the lone deranger", elysium - "moonzone" and ticon - "rewind" ....

quite cheesy nowadays but still the best           once upon a time i was a troll in here
Petteflet

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 10, 2007 22:16
One of my favorite albums, took me some time to really get it but when I did I fell completely in love with this sound. For me this is koxbox at their peak. Really want to hear the burning man live album.
HujaBoy
HujaBoy

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Aug 11, 2007 12:44
one of the biggest influence on my music..
THis album is the top of the top of psytrance..
i still listen to it.
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Aug 11, 2007 13:09
Quote:

On 2007-08-09 13:37, pr0ph3t wrote:
quite cheesy nowadays but still the best

Cheesy?!? That's probably one of the last things I would call this album.

Anyways, this is a masterpiece.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
dolphin_mind

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 11, 2007 12:23
just perfect. i'll keep it in my heart and soul and mind 4ever
Dance N Dust
Dance N Dust

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Sep 11, 2007 20:47
1 of the best album ever..
when kox box use to do very good music and sound.
miss this days           out now:
Aumrec – Before The Beginning ,EP
V/a Beat Wins , Compiled by DJ Asherun
Embargaa - Slova . EP
www.myspace.com/dancendustrecords
da777

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 20, 2007 13:39
KOXBOX GREAT MUSIC WIZARDS! PERFECT ALBUM
Fuel on and not full on :---)
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Sep 21, 2007 10:56
ho ho ho.... oh man this album is so friggin good i get the tickles just reading about it
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Sep 22, 2007 02:10
An all time favorite... each track is a journey.

They'd reissued this CD in India as well. Picked up a copy a little less than 2 years ago.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - KoxBox - Dragon Tales (Blue Room Released) 1997

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance