Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kino Oko - Alphabetically Divided Highway album review by Lara for Tribal Vision rec

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kino Oko - Alphabetically Divided Highway album review by Lara for Tribal Vision rec

lara
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Aug 17, 2008 17:06:53
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5568/kinookoux7.jpg

Kino Oko is one of those artists that I like to analyse throughout the music that he makes. I followed his work since first project Tromesa and of course, enjoyed in every moment of that progressive techno sound. From time to time he expressed more and more electro note in every project that he was involved. Actually, after his album from year 2005 under the name "Lost Entertainment", I realised that with project Kino Oko, Grzegorz provided more electro motives in some kind of progressive form, based on electro beats as well. Of course he always tries to give audience sound for any moments, morning, sunset, nights, open spaces, clubs. For example, tracks "Dead birth in the sky" & "Man upon the rainbow" are ones of the kind that sound like you can lift up your hands to the morning sunshine or in the culb ambience and disco lights, and you will feel the same effects just in different way. In both cases, these would be awesome moments. This is what I appreciate. Does he have the same effect on this new fresh release...? Well lets see/hear!

Put CD in deck and press play...

01.Any Kind of Structure
And we have beautiful sound and melody in the same style of Kino Oko. Start of the track sounds like some downtempo ambiental with peaceful minimal beat. Rhythm is very club moment and is perfect for night drive under the visual effect, BUT, as I said in prologue of this review, I can also see myself on some open space in the morning with this track. However, this track is in the right place on album. It's perfect for start or ending set. Track theme is amazing and can be really good motivation for a bit distorted remix track by, for exemple Extrawelt, cause they have that kind of style which is full of emotions and driving.

02.Made in satisfaction
And its realy made in satisfaction. Sounds like perfect extension for previous track. Someone is paying attention on album concept Very nice. Also, it's a little bit more agressive, I said A BIT, not much, which is coming from time to time through the theme. About the vocal, I must admit that I don't like its style at all. Actually, I may have got the point of artists, and again I say may have, where I don't like the message expression, with woman's voice or clear man's voice with a bit of delay or something, but also I don't like in tracks that kind of, let's say, comic way of talking.Sometimes can be ok like in "Dead birds in the sky" but here I don't like it at all. I hope that people will understand what I am trying to say.

03.Body and mind
Well in this song vocals have much, much better way of expression and effects. Maybe even at one moment, have some SFX vocal melody. Maybe its just effect on me like that, but in my head, I compose like that when I hear this track Anyway, I must say that if track have vocals in its arrangement, then that must be perfect fit on music, in my opinion. Sometimes repeating lot of time could have bad effect on track, but in this one "Body and mind" really moves me. Music part of track I dont have to mention cause this is kind of relaxing but dancing style I like. Electro, but not to much, progressive but not to much and perfect melodic short themes. Brilliant admixture of nowdays popular styles of electronic music.

04.Mother Mature
First thing that I noticed in this track is that it have much more oldschool motives then previous tracks. Track is almost POP of '80s. Hurricane!!! Sorry but POP of '80s is my first love and actual touch with electronic sound and it's very nice to hear that kind of influence on artists music in todays tracks. I tried this track in my car also... My advice, it's better to try that feeling when you read my description in this preview, just please volume UP!

05.Symphatetic magic death
SNAP! Snap is my favorite sound in music. Probably that stay me from time when I was listening to music just on records, not even from tapes. Nowdays I notice that some of artists put that kind of sound into tracks. I like that.
Great access to innovative trance style with a combination of classic. That piano sound is totaly... I don't know how to explain... strange, excellent, wierd at the same time. And, maybe, someone will ask, "Where do you see any simularity with trance style in this track?", just hear that bassline for just one moment! Perfect track for some full on remix and on the other hand, perfect performing that style of bassline in this kind of music like Kino Oko do.

06.Story of forgotten notes
Great start of track. Reminds me on old break beats stuff that I used to listen. Very nice relaxing expression of theme in track. I don't know why, but at one moment this track reminds of Daft Punk style. Of course, in much more peaceful form. I noticed after this album also, that Kino Oko is one of that composer that can reach any style of mucis and present in his unique way. Everything can hold that powerful form even with that coming down style of presenting/producing. Big respect for that skill!!!

07.Stand by me
And I am Im on the half of album and not going anywhere I know that peacefull intro on this track is just prelude to disco beat that will come later. Arrpegio melody is fantastic! Again it brings me back in the old time. Bassline have the most beautiful sound on album. Bell-shaped melody is awesome part in song. Totaly melancholic & dancing track.

08.Pure Irony
Trancy moments again. I think that effect which sound like some expression of animals, for exemple, monkies is unnecessary in this track, but this is the matter of taste, nothing else. Rest of track is great for me. Theme is pure emotion more than irony Maybe that apes effect should present that Irony from track name

09.Remedy Express
Maybe I missed by some accident in previous track but I have just been waiting when some glitchild moments on that album will show up. I never really liked that kind of effect but after some artists like Le Saboteur or Shulman or Talpa, I find that moment very interesting, just without overreacting. In this track, that effect is on the right place in normal volume of using. It gives me the feeling like rhythm is break beat from time to time. Oscillation of bassline is also perfect. Tiny melodies and big deep one-shot moments, completes my expectation.

10.Messiah Formula
From the first moment I was thinking that kick will go like trough that filter that makes him without bass on it, just on intro of track and then will be something like big pump and start drive normaly, but I was wrong and pleasantly surprised! Song carries on with the kick like that and the other parts of track play like track have full drive. Ok, my tension is still on the top and in expectation of big bang and track still drive without full kick sound but drive me no matter. Like those moments when composer overreacts and it goes through your mind "C'MON!!!". That tension was filled with electronic vocal that I like the most to hear in tracks. Robot singing. Something beautiful. Track still carries on!!! Element by element, from effect to effect, from sound to sound and finally it happens! It totally makes me chill!!! Kick have full power that I was looking for more than a half of the track. Melody is kind of Europian style, it's amazing!!! Whole trip is like in paradise. This is what I'm talking about somewhere at the beginning of my review, when I mentioned remixing track with Extrawelt. MELTING!!! Don't drive with this song ON! It's too perfect for not trying to fly! Just one complain on this "THE BEST" track on the album, second part of track is TOO SHORT for my taste! It's great that first part of track is that much long with all that trip to carry over the entire pre-euphoric part, but after that, Grzegorz, should do the same thing like with first part, just over and over and over... WOW! Simply the BEST!

11.Trough the round window
...and I discover that previous track actually HAVE kind of extension, JUST... just a bit different than it was in my mind. Like, calm down version and it's equally great as much as I expected. About the vocal, had the luck cause I used to listen to Hard Core and Trash Metal, and I like that half whispering vocals but in this arrangement, in my opinion, I think that would be better if vocal was 100% whispering speech...

And finaly, at the end, this is one totally fresh new creation, which is holding the style from previous album but have totally different view of story. Emotional in every way of looking and in the first place, powerful calm down music. What does that mean? Well in my head it means everything but in free translation it's something like, "everything you do on agressive and to euforic way, I can achieve same effect on people with much more relaxing style & production." And I say thank You for that kind of music.
At the end of this review I just want to say that I'm not here to promote campaign against the piracy, no matter if I dont like that kind of getting music. Just want to say that some of releases JUST DON'T DESERVE to be compressed. Thats all.
I hope that You enjoyed this as much as I did.
All the best
Lara

www.tribalvision.cz /
www.myspace.com/tribalvisionrecords / http://www.myspace.com/kinooko /
http://www.kinooko.prv.pl          ------------------
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/smrecordings
http://www.soundcloud.com/soundmute
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Aug 18, 2008 16:52
Best psychedelic trance album i heared in a long time!
From the start to the end!!!Fresh, Innovative REAL MUSIC that opens an imaginery space and visual abilities to hear through visions and see trhough sounds! MUST HAVE FOR ALL REAL PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC LOVERS ALL OVER!
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 20, 2008 12:02
this album made my day like i was waiting for!..and this review is one of the best reviews on this forum..thanx 4 this great album mr Kino Oko!..and congratz Lara 4 reviewing in the best way this lovely album.

vasanta

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 20, 2008 12:43
wow..what a review ...
i must have this release,thank u Tribal Vision for sharing this great release with us..
Kanc Cover
Goasia/Opsy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 20, 2008 13:54
Review is excellent as always. I didn't expect less from review consider to release! It deserve to look like this. Kiko Oko surprised me bunch of time.
Thank You, everybody who is involved!           http://www.soundmute-recordings.com/xsite/artists/opsy.html
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com/xsite/artists/kanc_cover.html
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com/xsite/artists/rezolut.html
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com/goasia-project/
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Aug 20, 2008 21:02
good review , good music .. i heard quickly this morning , just skimmed thru and really liked what i heard .. waiting to give a proper listen ..soon hopefully .. good stuff
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Aug 21, 2008 01:57
Where can I grab a LOSSLESS digital download of this for less than $12?

I would would rather buy than torrent - are there any legal options?
Slater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Aug 21, 2008 12:47
The Beatport version of Kino Oko album is coming out on September 18th. PM me for more details about the other lossless format options.

Out now:
*V.A. - Vanguard vol. 3 compiled by Duca & DJ Slater
klaxer
Koan / Vacuum Stalkers

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 22, 2008 02:45
Very not expected and fresh album. Bravo Grzegorz!
Dovla
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 22, 2008 13:14
for sure it's an amazing album, I'm so glad to finally see someone from the trance scene use electro elements in a way that I actually like it...this deserves to be called electro, it has amazing melodies and zero cliche...you'll find no Donna Summer basslines here

oh and I find it odd that people say how good the review is...there are so many grammar mistakes I can barely read it           DJ Dovla | Interchill Records, Flow Records
www.dovla.info
Oscuro
Black Machine

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Aug 22, 2008 15:32
KINO OKO Wow what an great album! as allways..
Quote:

On 2008-08-22 13:14, Dovla wrote:
oh and I find it odd that people say how good the review is...there are so many grammar mistakes I can barely read it

"But at the end you read it and thats the point
I'm glade You like it..
Next time she will send to you for sure before she post it so u can make an check up allright englishman !!!"

Great Review Lara as allways....           Oscuro(Mechanical-Dragon.rec)
www.oscuro.350.com
www.myspace.com/oscuro
kim0
Prudentia

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Aug 22, 2008 15:38
Great release and very nice review!
Real refreshment on music scene. Great electro motives in tracks.

@Dovla: There are few mistakes but surely not that serious as you said. She wrote that at once, while she was still excited because of this great release. And if you can barely read it, you have serious problems with contemplation.

At first I didn't want to listen to this release (I dont like earlier work of Kino), but I read Lara's review and it made me change my mind.

Great release, burning it for my case           www.facebook.com/djkim0/
www.soundcloud.com/djkim0/
HYPNAGOGIA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 22, 2008 23:55
I liked reading this review, so much excitement in it.
Good work, Lara... as always

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 15:32, Oscuro wrote:
Next time she will send to you for sure before she post it so u can make an check up allright englishman !!!

Hahaha... nice one man

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 13:14, Dovla wrote:
oh and I find it odd that people say how good the review is...there are so many grammar mistakes I can barely read it

LMFAO.... what a joke....

Head out of ass then READ!!!!           www.facebook.com/hypnagogiamusic
www.soundcloud.com/hypnagogiamusic
www.soundclick.com/Hypnagogiagoa
www.soundmute-recordings.com
www.facebook.com/Spacedockrecords
Dovla
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 23, 2008 00:07
the fact that I rattled your little bee nest doesn't change the fact that her english is terrible, running a review through a spell checker is the least you can do...please spare the insults to yourself           DJ Dovla | Interchill Records, Flow Records
www.dovla.info
HYPNAGOGIA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 23, 2008 01:41
And what makes this review so terrible so that you could "barely read it" (your words)? At least it's genuine.

The fact is that this review IS readable, or at least everyone else could read it, and it only tells that you're the one with reading problems, so there's really no reason for you to come and search for a "hair in the egg".

I'm really interested in seeing YOUR english without a spell checker

Live and let live... you'll do better that way           www.facebook.com/hypnagogiamusic
www.soundcloud.com/hypnagogiamusic
www.soundclick.com/Hypnagogiagoa
www.soundmute-recordings.com
www.facebook.com/Spacedockrecords
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kino Oko - Alphabetically Divided Highway album review by Lara for Tribal Vision rec

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance