Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kernel Panic - Groove Mental Core - 2007 (D-A-R-K Recs)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kernel Panic - Groove Mental Core - 2007 (D-A-R-K Recs)

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Dec 7, 2007 20:17
Title: Groove Mental Core
Artist: Kernel Panic
Label: D-A-R-K Records
Date:12/2007
Tracks: 04
Mastered by: Andreh Torres
Cover Art: JED-A-R-K
Cat. #:DARKEP029

01 – Kernel Panic – New Age Concepts – 7:56 (156 BPM)
02 – Kernel Panic – Full Speed Ahead – 7:27 (160 BPM)
03 – Kernel Panic – They Know About You – 8:28 (160 BPM)
04 – Kernel Panic – Minds In Clusters – 8:52 (160 BPM)

Groove Mental Core is the latest release from D-A-R-K Records which are the initials to: Digital Audio Record Kompany, a label that has specialized on realising online music giving the artists the possibility to explore new boundaries on the psychedelic music; and from Kernel Panic a.k.a. Bash. The person behind the project Kernel Panic and Bash is Andreh Torres, who is 25 years old, living in the capital of Brasil, Brasilia. Andreh got is 1st connection to psychedelic music 4 years ago, time then, that he got really addicted to the music and started right away exploring how to make is own tunes. The 1st official release I heard from him came on 1001 night from DiscoValley Records (he also released some free tunes in IsraTrance – thank you Andreh ).
This EP has 4 music’s. Every one of them is raw power, absolute mind fractal explorers and this is music not for the fainted heart!

We start this EP with New Age Concepts, a tune that runs with the BPM`s of 156, and as soon as the kick begins we understand that this is fast and furious music!
I mean, the kick only takes 25 seconds to begin, but after this it is chaotic and twisted lines all the way. In the background we have a nice muddled lead, and coming more “in your face” crazy and aggressive sounds heading to you like a train! Some major brakes, and sudden change of sonorities in the bass line, make a lot of changes in the rhythm, but it is always accompanied with that twisted touch of Andreh. Some rolling drums before that stomp “touch” are just great.

Now we move to track nr. º 2, Full Speed Ahead, and we have a raise in the BPM`s, we move from 156 (the previous track) to 160 BPM`s. This track is even more insane than its predecessor; lot’s of great rhythms in the hats, insane brakes with several going downs in the music, and when it comes up, the chaos rules in the music. I have stated before in the beginning of this review that this is not music for the fainted heart, and I really mean it. The music cause major impact on the body and mind, specially, after the brakes, this is stomping all the way!

They Know About You is track nr. º 3, and in here we keep our BPM`s very high: 160! This tune is on the mood of her 2 sisters, insane, crazy, aggressive, psypunk, and twisted acid leads mixed together with a strong and fat bass line - my favourite type of basics for the music. At 3:26 minutes in this track we have a small slow down on the sonorities mixed with a sample saying “a si sera…”, assorted with some trumpets in the mixture – with some works on the kicks. Then after one minute of this work we get again in the astral plain with the characteristic music from Andreh. Did you ever felled that you were driving a car, and that you could speed up all the way until you reached your destiny? Well this tune reminds of that, with only one “stop” in the middle of the voyage!

And in a hurry we reach the last track of this EP – Minds In Clusters – once more the key word for the BPM`s is 160! Andreh doesn’t leave his credits in other hands and made this EP, similar in what he searches in the psychedelic music: fast, fat, and crazy psypunk music! No boundaries for Bash! We explore territories of mental illness, but always with a very danceable side, and refined production skills, which I enjoy a lot. This track also has the particularity that almost in the end, at 7:25 minutes, the kick has slow down and we can hear the acid lines with a down tempo company. Nice way to end the EP!

So to conclude my review I just want to say, it was really a pleasure to listen to this EP, because this is fast music with sense and intelligent psychedelia, and I enjoyed all tracks - they all moved to my DJ “box” to spin some nice music! If you are looking for mental music, but never putting aside the dance side aspect, this EP is for you. If you sometimes got tired of mental music, without the dance side, or if you got tired of the dance side without the psychedelic aspect, look no further, Andreh can resume it all. Listen to this EP and you will find both pleasures. Looking forward to hear more music from Andreh a.k.a Bash a.k.a. Kernel Panic. I recommend this EP to all the crazy souls out there that enjoy the night side with fast, danceable and psychedelic music out there!           ...
NasCa
Psybetyarok

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 15:49
Really KILLA release I like it a lot! Great EP. Cool review also!
Jeller
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 23:10
cool, Andreh has done the mastering for my EP and the result was very nice, so this MUST be awesome!
I will check this out for sure
Andreh
Bash / Kernel Panic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 13:10
hey ho friends!!! as i told before to andre, was amazing to read such review! I enjoyed it too, a lot!!! Im really glad to have such a thing!

Thankz a lot Nasca and Jeller!

Bash's Home:
http://www.myspace.com/bashbr

Mind Tweakers Records:
http://www.mindtweakers.com
D-A-R-K
D-A-R-K Records

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 18:22
Thank you a3k!!!!

Same to NasCa, Phazur and of course Andreh! Nice work everyone.

Boom           D-A-R-K Records
http://www.d-a-r-k.net
http://www.dark-records.com
brunoazalim

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 11, 2007 18:06
KILLER!!!

Andreh keep on surprising me every day. this is a precious piece of true PSYCHEDELIC trance.
Andreh
Bash / Kernel Panic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Dec 12, 2007 20:04
oh man, is a unique pleasure surprise you azalim! Thankz a lot about the nice words man!

By the way, u droped a real bomb in your debut release on sundrop recs!!! Congratz ma friend!!!           Bash's Home:
http://www.myspace.com/bashbr

Mind Tweakers Records:
http://www.mindtweakers.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kernel Panic - Groove Mental Core - 2007 (D-A-R-K Recs)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance