First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Juno Reactor - Labyrinth

andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Nov 14, 2004 19:43
Personally I did not like the album that much. It seemed like a bit of a repetition of previous ideas (this travelling sound feeling). I was very excited about this lp but after one listen I put it aside.
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Nov 25, 2004 17:06

this is not trance this is not techno , this is Juno Reactor going over composing a soundtrack!
And he suceeds!
An hour journey thorugh the imagination, like one deep breath, the onliest comment: i wish it could have a bit more of new music , may be 2 new tracks more could do this journey a bit longer and more fresher.

My favorites:
Conquistador pt1
Mutant Message
Angels and Men

Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Nov 26, 2004 11:29
OK, no superlatives, no metaphors. Just music.

Way to go Juno Reactor.           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Nov 26, 2004 14:04
coming soon a single with remixes by X-Dream and Thomas P Heckmann!
grahf

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 27, 2004 04:30
i love juno's style, so i knew i'd like this before i even picked it up. only question was, how would it compare to their previous albums.

i will say this, it is not as varied as Shango, which was absolutely all over the place (in a good way!). here, almost all the tracks employ the same main elements of tribal drumming, trance beats, ethnic vocals, and guitar.

i did not like Giant so much, as it uses a nagging growly synth sound that typifies darkstep drum & bass, which seemed cliche and unnecessary.

that, and the drumming is very quiet compared to other elements in the tracks; i expected the drums to have more presence in contention with the heavy metal guitar.

but these are minor nitpicks! tracks like conquistador p2, zwara, and navras are a culmination and evolution of everything juno reactor's ever done. in my mind, easily one of the best trance releases of 2004.
n3xu5
Nexus

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 27, 2004 23:10
this is top album
trance on the best level
i enjoy a lot to listen this cd, keep going xavier, big boooooommmmm

www.n3xu5.net
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 02:13
If this album has been reviewed already feel free to lock this topic or whatever, the google site search is worth about as much as a handjob without hands and I'm not going to go thru a billion and one pages of reviews. So here goes the tracklist:

1. Conquistador I
2. Conquistador II
3. Giant
4. Wardogs
5. Mona Lisa overdrive
6. Zwara RA
7. Mutant message
8. Angels and men
9. Navras

Now many feel like Juno sold out when they became "big" and the most who don't never even considered Juno psytrance act anyways. A few weeks back I picked up an old habbit of going thru my cds before night time in a dark room lying on my back on my bed doing absolutely nothing else but picturing the music in my mind. I must say that my new 5.1 setup really does boost the experience even thou the music isn't mixed in surround. It's nice when the music comes from every corner imaginable Now I got this cd a while back and didn't even really listen to it thru for it sounded quite boring. Now I must say that first impressions are worth even less than the google site search. A handjob without a partner perhaps?

Conquistador part 1 & 2 make the first tune. Part 1 is chilled and part 2 is just plain evil. Atfirst I thought part one lacked something and part 2 was just plain, umm evil. Now I must say that they're both complete and together even more. Be that a proper handjob plus a blowjob. Or alternatively a handjob while there's some good music on the background. The guitar in part 1 is just magical. I can almost see myself on a ship sailing to the new land on the other side of the Atlantic watching some conquistador playing the guitar. The female voice could be Pocahontas herself
Part 2 could very well represent the fury and war between the conquistadors and the native.
The BPM is quite high, can't wait to dance to this in a couple of months. Juno Reactor Live is coming to town The drum work in part 2 is by the way brilliant, that's something that's definitely in general lacking in modern day psytrance.

Mona Lisa Overdrive version 2 is a bit more old school perhaps. Phenomenal and majestic are the two words thatr pop in to my mouth. The drumwork is again just brilliant! Goes to the same level with Posford's 90's stuff.

Navras is another tune which the word majestic suits bloody well. The piano thingy is great and the chores aren't bad either, quite the opposite really. This tune was in the Matrix, right? the charasteristics of earlier tracks are still here. The chilled part in the middle is pure bliss too. Shamtiii Shanti Shanti.. gotta love that, it's not even cheesy when it's done by Juno

Giant goes for something totally new. I bet my arse that beat has never ever before been heard in a psytance track!

War Dogs is quite ethnic and very, very melodic. But not by any mean melodic in the cheesy 4 key melody way, no sir. This is talent! This is one of the reasons they made it big. They've actually got talent to do more than boom ts boom ts and the rolling bassline.

If you're wondering where all the psytrance went in 2004 look no further for here it is! This is done by the book. The goa feeling is very much here. It's the drumwork silly! Well that and all the other things too One of my favourites for sure.

Then it's time for 2 chilled tunes. Now I'm the biggest Shpongle and Twisted whore around but I now honestly think these two go as far. Well almost atleast, but in a very different way.

So there's a brief review. It's 2 o'clock here and I have to wake up in 5 hours just had to share this with you all. Now I know many "used to be Juno fans" don't think much of this album but I'm telling you to give it another chance. Would be a shame if only "mainstream music fans" would get to enjoy the best our scene has to offer. I'll probably get flamed for this but I honestly think this album is just as good as Bible of Dreams and Shango and about a billion times better than any (well okay just 99.42%) given psytrance albums out there released in the last couple of years. Good night

"The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
psychedelic pineapples
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 05:23
Yep! great one there !!! VERY VERY WELL CRAFTED # MUTANT MESSAGE # is one of my favorite on the album...HM!!!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 11:35
I never really liked Juno Reactor and this album doesn't change my opinion. Originality is great and all that, but this just doesn't fit my taste at all.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 09:28
best CD released last year!!! VERY fucking happy with it           new Hadal Drop album on the way

if you don't have the last one get in touch
zooter
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 14:27
honestly, i think this sucked!
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 15:15
Err, I wasn't satisfied.
Sorry           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 16:08
Well, J. R. for me always sounds great, a psy root band for sure. But they can be fully understood and appreciated when seen live - which is a rare occasion to most of us, I admit.

As for their lates album...there was a various style festival in Osaka early this february. And the flyer said they would bring the best of every genre, techno, psy-trance, cyber-trance, house and a lot of other sub-genres.

Guess who was there to represent pure psy?

JUNO REACTOR. No need to say more.

They sound great. Block your prejudices (like 'fast is best') and you will see how they sound good.

Peace and Love.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Feb 19, 2005 00:16

Didn't like this one at all. Going back to Bible of Dreams.

Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Nov 18, 2006 10:44
well- after listening to this one deeply in the last few months while travelling i can say this is an average album for me. It has some amazing momnts, but some very mediocre ones and it really really doesn't flow at all.

It begins smashingly with the two part of Conquistador, which shahar @ aleph zero played at the last doof festival and got the crowd totally wild in the end of a chillout set. To hear this on the dancefloor in big system with all the dancfloor waiting for 6 minutes wondering about part I and what the fuck is going on and then to see everyone go nuts when part II kicks in explained the best way what this opening is all about- genius work. Melodramatic as only Juno can do. Then things just get lost for 4 trax which are the stomach of the album. Just more of those dirty Juno sounds with all sorts guitars and drums and ethnic influences- just too much of everything and nothing that really sinks in. Just more Juno dirty 80s aggressivenss with too many drums mayhem and every possible ethnic influenceed stuffed in. Even the Xmal Deutchland like melody in Zawra is not worth it. And it all just doesn't flow.

Than the end saves things music wise- but again the build is weird.
Mutant Message is a very good track, Angels and Men is the piece of brilliance that is worth this whole album- one heavenly piece of music for sure. And then Navras is just pure genius meshing of the dramatic excellence of Juno, Opera & Bollywood- brilliant- but why after Angels and Men????????? What the fuck was watkins thinking- real bummer.

In short- average album Juno-wise. Don't miss first two and last two trax.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Juno Reactor - Labyrinth
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance