Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ItayTaiko "A Little Different" QCCD001

Astral Waves
Astral Waves

Started Topics :  13
Posted : May 11, 2007 20:09
Hello Isratrancers,

If you're looking for very good melodic music, groovy to the bones and with a nice overall concept, get ItayTaiko album out now on Quantic Chill Records (Portugal).
I'm very pleased to review this CD first as ItayTaiko usually known under "Kukan Dub Lagan", is one of these artist not worried about the mainstream and commercial music in which many others are looking to make to get "in" and try to "sell" and get live sets all over the world just 'cuz they're "sounding like all others" (well known and famous artists).
Here we have pieces of music made straight from artist's heart without any compromise.

Itay Berger made a sort of progressive album here."A Little Different" is self-explained.
This is not Dub, neither ambient music.
This is very groovy, melodic, psychedelic, very uplifting and progressive.
I can't stand straight while listening at this CD, it gives instantly the mood to move and dance.
The overall sound quality is great as we can expect from this artist now known all over the planet for his nice live acts and his last 2 ambient albums.

This is sunshine music for progressive people!!... and to all those looking to something different than the usual "darkish movement" now implented in the scene.

If you want to make dancefloor grooving on your set, play this under a sunny sky.
If you're in a moving mood but not very happy to do something, play this CD in your car while you drive or go in your IPod ...and get the smile!!

Track 1 "Welcome to the Samba Beat" is a mix of prog, repetitive techno voice, a speech lays vocal on the background and some samba beats are giving the track a very nice and unique feeling...Some psy sounds are floating here and there, nice bassline, cool grooves.

Track 2 "A Little Different" is a bit higher on bpm, (maybe 132-35) and stills have a bit the same South American groove as the previous track with a cowbell, but soon some more psy sounds and pads are taking over and this is just great how all those sounds are blended!I love the bass!!

Track 3 " Chase the Justice" get deeper into psytrance/prog side of things, this is more serious!!Nice sample, man!!

Track 4 " Click Clack" continues the psychedelism with more psy twisted sounds, but turns to be a prog track to a more tech/house orientation with the coming of a female vocal at 3:40'.The bassline stills serious, but the vibe gets into prog/house side of things.

Track 5 "Electro Wave" is prog again with nice melodies and the bassline stills there.Nice congas, hand drums, but not my preferate track.

Track 6 " Mushroom Room" starts straight with hand drums and gets into a higher bpm, psy-prog feeling which captivated my attention very fast.Then a sort of prog-housy bassline arrives and turns the track into a very groovy way, maybe clubby I should say as the voice sample would suggest.This is very energetic and may turn a dancefloor crazy.

Track 7 "Sing That Song" starts with some vocoded voice and a serious bassline.The drums enters with plenty of nice catching congas...I think we're now at 140 or more bpm's and the track is getting much more psychedelic.This is really progressive-psy.

Track 8 "What is Going On" continues on the same bpm with hand drums, groovy beat and bassline and a repetitive voice to start, then some speach speaks about "something very nice...", this is a very tribal/progressive-psy track!

Final Track 9 "Hoowa" is slower again, maybe 110 bpm's, very tribal and slow proggy with some nice jungle birds ambience.A litle bit deeper and psychedelic than others, nice piece of work.

I just can recommend you listen by yourself this unique album.
Kukan is now known for this and he continues to proove music can be made straight from the heart, this is priceless.

Nice cover concept, you can find the CD at Psyshop (official distributor).

Enjoy           Psybient/Downtempo psytrance album "Mystique" released!

Bio: http://www.altar-records.com/bio.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTbHtcTFYNA
http://www.altar-records.com
http://www.digitalys-studios.com
drunktoad

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 14, 2007 16:32
It's a great release, something very "new" and fresh...

I think that progressive scene needs to be more original, because we usually see a standard that appears on "all" the tracks... Itaitaiko did something really different (as the title of the album says), a very nice work!

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/qua/qua1cd001.html           P.L.U.R.
Guto Franklin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 15, 2007 17:36
Powerfull stuff Itay

Different ideas taking the people to new horizons!! Thats what we need new ideas new thoughts

My favorites:
1 - Welcome to the Samba Beat -- Brilliant mix between our brazilian influence samba music.

3 - Chase the justice - Amazing drums, killer atmosphere and it just makes you wanna dance.

4 - Click Clack - brilliant story in this one!!!

9 - Hoowa - Perfect ending for this album!!! Slow and psychedelic... loved it!

Keep in up itay!!! Amazing CD!!!

(<P S Y D E>) (<K A B A L L A H>) (((BRAZIL)))
Shahar Indepth
Indepth
Started Topics :  16
Posted : May 15, 2007 17:49
ive had this album for quite a while now, i must say i highly recommend it to anyone that likes good electronic music.

im not sure it's progressive or electro or whatever, in fact its very different from most of the boring faceless prog stuff released this year.

this is basically a new view on dance music, i find it pretty refreshing, and even if i didnt like it, i would still respect the idea that (finally) some one is looking to make something that sounds different

my personal fave i think would be klick klack , kinda breaksy stuff, really nice

great release

s.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.indepth1.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - ItayTaiko "A Little Different" QCCD001

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance