Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Is This PsyTrance?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Is This PsyTrance?

Drakon Psy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 23, 2013 21:29:38
Hi all
I'm new here on the forum although i used read it from time to time, i read it more frequently lately since i got into music production, and finally decided to join.
I'm not new to the scene though ,i started going to parties and festivals in 1998, i was introduced to the scene by live acts like Parasense ,X-Dream , Sun Project , Logic Bomb , Xenomorph ,Astral Projection,etc...the list goes on and on.
What attracted me to this music in the first place was how different it was from anything else ,every act had its own sound and style some were darker some happier but all had their own charm. The whole culture involved, the artistic freedom ,creativity and also the futuristic mindset derived from the scene was and still is electrifying.
Like a tree,Psytrance has grown and has branches that go in all different directions.
I often read on forums people writing "oh this and that is not PsyTrance ,Goa VS Dark VS Full_On VS Progressive VS So called Twilight Psy", some sandwiches with too much cheese on it ( some people like lots of cheese ),all different branches of the same tree?
Personally I've heard and like stuff from all the branches and leaves of this amazing tree,yes even some of what some call cheesy,from Progressive to the Darkest psy , there's a time and place for everything there is also good and bad Tunes in every Kind of music Psytrance is no exception and obviously everyone's taste is different.
I try to make my own Psy ,and i do it ,to the best of my abilities and equipment,im never happy and always want to make it better by learning more ,that's what keeps me going.
From these short clips would you say this is PsyTrance?

if so what subgenre would it belong to?
If Not What kind of music is it ??
Can we even call this music?
I put it under PsyTrance because that's where i think it fits better.
What do you think about what i make? is it
Too dark, too Light ,Too much cheese or not enough of it, maybe a bit of salt and pepper will make it better lol just kidding...

Finally What makes a Tune Psy?
Thank you for taking the time.
Peace.........
          Drákón or Dragon is a Mythical Creature a symbol of power, strength, and good luck,traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers."Wikipedia"
https://www.facebook.com/drakon.psy.official
https://soundcloud.com/drakon-psy
Padmapani

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 24, 2013 05:26
it's a bit like slowed-down hitech, but it's a bit too melodic for that even. it has elements from twilight and aforementioned hitech, but doesn't really fit into one particular subgenre, so i'd file it under "psytrance", where i put everything that's neither goa, fullon, progressive, zenonesque, twilight, darkpsy (+subgenres), nitzhonot, psytek/techtrance or suomi.
ATA

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 24, 2013 20:55
Sounds a little like a slightly darker Afgin track.
Drakon Psy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 26, 2013 15:21
First of all thanks for replying

Quote:

On 2013-08-24 05:26, Padmapani wrote:
it's a bit like slowed-down hitech, but it's a bit too melodic for that even. it has elements from twilight and aforementioned hitech, but doesn't really fit into one particular subgenre, so i'd file it under "psytrance", where i put everything that's neither goa, fullon, progressive, zenonesque, twilight, darkpsy (+subgenres), nitzhonot, psytek/techtrance or suomi.

I think this is very accurate , my music is influenced by PsyTrance in general not any particular Subgenre.

Quote:
Sounds a little like a slightly darker Afgin track.

May have some Elements that resemble an Afgin track, although i had never heard of Afgin i checked his music after i read your post, i like his Goa Trance ...

Thanks for your time.
Peace...           Drákón or Dragon is a Mythical Creature a symbol of power, strength, and good luck,traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers."Wikipedia"
https://www.facebook.com/drakon.psy.official
https://soundcloud.com/drakon-psy
sphericalpyramid

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 6, 2013 16:32
Not really sure this is gona catch on , too much of a electronica sound to it
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Is This PsyTrance?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance