Intense Activity - Sinn Tec (c) 2005

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 16, 2005 15:23
Name of compilation: Intense Activity
Compiled by: DJ Laureth
Released: August 2005
Label: Sinn-Tec (www.sinn-tec-records.com)
Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?sin1cd005_b.jpg:CDs/sin/sin1cd005.html:;

Tracklist:

1. Ski Fi - Babylon
2. Bienmesabe - Tnisba
3. Oxyd - Time Groover
4. Vaishiyas - Kelnoreem
5. Sensifeel - Sun Glaces
6. Loom - Dithered Divinity
7. Limelight - Crossways
8. Rodrigo Carreira - Tribal Feeling

The review:

DJ Laureth has compiled a few compilations for Plusquam, most notably the 'Wireless' compilation, reviewed right here a while ago. Now he's at it on Sinn-Tec records. Typically Laureth, this is an 8 track compilation, much like Wireless. Intense Activity is a misleading name perhaps, because the content in this compilation is not really 'intense' in the literal sense of the word. Laidback prog is more like I'd title this. Anyway, names aside, this is a pretty strong compilation. More coherent than the Wireless compilation, this sounds even more like a DJ set in the way that it retains the same kind of atmosphere throughout the whole compilation. There are no experiments here, no strange stuff, no try-outs for anything new, just solid, laidback and groovy psyprog grooves which work really well on the floor or at home. Now I'm not the kind to bring a really detailed track by track review, but I can tell you this: if you like the style that artists like Ski Fi, Sensifeel or Oxyd deliver, you're in for a treat. Seriously. I liked every 64 minutes of it and the tracks that stuck with me the most were: 2,3,6,7. The rest is fine too, that's another strong point on this compilation, there are no downers.

Bottom line: Like I said before, like artist like Ski Fi or do you like previous compilations by Laureth? Get this one. It's Sinn-Tec's best effort to date in my opinion. Get it while it's still fresh people, because this is one compilation that's getting snowed under. And that's not what this deserves, okay??

Listen to samples of the tracks here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sin/sin1cd005.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5111

"Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Dec 16, 2005 17:54
Loom and Oxyd stand out with the most atmospheric tracks on the compilation, but overall this CD didn't do much for me. I consider it a very mediocre release of standard german-style progressive - a sound that works very well on the festival dancefloors, but something I also personally find a bit too empty for homelistening.

I won't call the CD bad, it just seems rather pointless.          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Dec 16, 2005 23:10
Bienmesabe - Tnisba & Rodrigo Carreira - Tribal Feeling are my picks from this one. It certainly doesn't take any risks though... glad I bought it anyway- the packaging is nice - but I don't expect to get all that much use out of this.

Still, for pleasant home listening in the background (for homework or web design or just majorly chilling out), this is okay.

I might do a more detailed review later. -shrug-

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 3, 2006 00:26
It's been a while since I listened to it last, but after the new Spindrive compilation this morning I decided to chuck this in once more and I'm still enjoying it. It's still available at psyshop as far as I know, so if you're looking for some progressive in the Spintwist vein, this might be it. Try it, you might like it.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Pangea
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Aug 6, 2006 16:27
super trancey stuff, i've been loving this cd, very clean, smooth sound, nice grooves, all these tracks have a nice balance and flow, theres not really a stand out bomb on this cd but theyre all great.

i love the packaging too

all the best           pureperceptionrecords.org

pangeaproductions.org

myspace.com/pureperceptionrecords
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Aug 28, 2006 17:55
I ended up doing a review just to sort it out... this one definatly has Laureth's touch:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/intense-activity/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Intense Activity - Sinn Tec (c) 2005

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance