Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - :In:Deep:An:Dance: 2006 (Spin Twist Records)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

:In:Deep:An:Dance: 2006 (Spin Twist Records)

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 9, 2007 15:49
Album: :In:Deep:An:Dance: 2006
Label: Spin Twist Records
Released: October 2006
Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?spn1cd006_b.jpg:CDs/spn/spn1cd006.html:;
http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/239605-01-back.htm

Tracklist:

1. Vibrasphere - Purple Floating (10:36)
2. Vaishiyas vs. Sync - In:Deep:An:Dance (7:46)
3. Mummera - Visions Of Harthor (7:53)
4. Fusi & Day.Din - Catching Me (7:18)
5. Vaishiyas - Calculate (Audiomatic Rmx) (6:11)
6. Lightsphere - Nat Horyzontem (8:48)
7. Perfect Stranger - Breeze (9:25)
8. Mad Contrabender - Believe In Yourself (8:17)
9. Emphacis - Moon Over Us (6:43)

The review:
So, I browsed around but there was no review of this yet. Since I'm somewhat of a collector of these proggy compilations (or so it seems, since I end up buying a lot of them) I recently got this and after listening decided to put some words into this one. Anyway, here goes.

Track 1: We start off with Vibrasphere. A long track, typically in their trademark style. This track has some lovely pads, nice floating melodies and is really quite lovely. An excellent opener and in style it's more like their second album (Lime Structure).

Track 2: Sync teams up with Vaishiyas to provide the titletrack. Nice enough, it has the more uptempo sound of Sync in it and melodies that indeed sound like a cross between the two acts. Pity of the sucky vocal though, this track could have easily done without it. Maybe they could've used it once or twice as a sample, but it's a bit overdone now. Still, the track manages to keep me interested in some way. It's strange since I normally hate tracks like this. Anyway, certainly not one of my faves, but to call this bad would be overstating it a lot.

Track 3: Mummera comes up next with a pleasant deep little melodic tune. It reminds me a bit of songs that Visua is churning out nowadays. Low keyed sounds, some pads, a nice rhythm and bass section and you're off. Nice track.

Track 4: Starts off quite funky. You'd expect as much from Fusi & Day.Din. Sounds a lot like some of the older Buzzmonx songs did. And that's a good thing. Pity there's also another vocal in this, and while not as bland sounding as in track 2, still it manages to drop the enjoyment of this song a little for me. Other people might really enjoy that vocal bit, I don't really know. But again, it gets into a good flow once you're used to the vocal. Anyway, ok track, but like track 2, this is not one of my fave songs here.

Track 5: Audiomatic remixes an old Vaishiyas song here. The original was released on the Beatport Vol. 2 compilation a while back. Audiomatic turns the song a little more to his liking, which is somewhat less fat sounding and a little more emphasis on the melodious aspect of this track. Not bad, quite standard german psyprog, pretty enjoyable. A good track.

Track 6: Lightsphere is up next with a nice little track that sounds a bit different than most tracks that we've heard so far. Quite a laidback atmosphere with some nice melodic undertones and some guitarsamples. A good track.

Track 7: Anothere deep track is up next from our big friend Perfect Stranger, whose debutalbum was a stormer and most tracks he releases are great for sure. This is no exception. Trademark Perfect Stranger style, the track takes some time to get going, but when it does it's good vibes all the way. Strong bassline, kick, good melody, it's all here. Great track.

Track 8: First of all, what is this doing here? This isn't progressive at all, it's full-on. Anyway, the track isn't really bad and there's a decent melody in this, a lot of keychanges on the bassline, pretty good stuff. But progressive? Nope. Strange choice to put this one here. And this one breaks up the flow of this compilation quite rudely, especially after the great Perfect Stranger track.

Track 9: Luckily the compilation ends with another progressive track, much in the vein of a Vaishiyas track. Pretty good vibes in this one and a pleasant little melody. A nice way to finish off this compilation.

Conclusion time then:

Well, there are some great tracks here. Particulary tracks 1(!),3,7(!!),9 are to my liking here. The rest is ok too, but the compilation makes two mistakes in my opinion. 1. the vocals on track 2,4 and 2. the mad contrabender track. Now, the vocals on track 2 and 4 aren't disastrous, but the mistake of putting track 8 where it is...? Come on guys, what is that full-on track doing there anyway? Oh well. Give the samples a listen, and if you want add some more progressive to your collection you could check this one out.
7,5/10 from me here, but it could've been a lot higher if track 8 was a decent proggy track.

Listen to samples here:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/spn/spn1cd006.html
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6104
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Seamus

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 10, 2007 17:10
Quote:
Track 1: We start off with Vibrasphere. A long track, typically in their trademark style. This track has some lovely pads, nice floating melodies and is really quite lovely. An excellent opener and in style it's more like their second album (Lime Structure).

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dig/dig1cd010.html

The Vibrasphere track is similar in style to Lime Structures because it was actaully on Lime Structures.

One of the reasons I didn't bother buying this one.

They just made up the numbers using a track from a big name that everyone already has.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 10, 2007 20:38
Quote:

On 2007-05-10 17:10, Seamus wrote:
Quote:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dig/dig1cd010.html

The Vibrasphere track is similar in style to Lime Structures because it was actaully on Lime Structures.

One of the reasons I didn't bother buying this one.

They just made up the numbers using a track from a big name that everyone already has.

Hey, you're right. I just checked my copy of Lime Structure and saw it for myself. I already thought the track sounded familiar, now I know why. Shows what you get when you own as much albums as I do. Anyway, still I find this to be a quite decent compilation. Not a stormer by any means, but certainly not bad either.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - :In:Deep:An:Dance: 2006 (Spin Twist Records)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance