Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ice-O-Lator - (BOOM! 2003) :(

psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jan 31, 2003 14:16
Ice-O-Lator - (BOOM! 2003)

Fractal Glider : Chasing Ganesh (3d Rmx)
Twisted Hobo : Hokey Pokey
Transdriver : Vij
Rastaliens : Deep Dive
Audialize And Mind Manipulation : Scraped Sunday
Neoris : Zatmenie
Quantum State : Q Generation
Distortion Orchestra : The Cage
Chi-ad : SS4 Ver 1.3

this is one of the bad compils I bought lately.!
first I most say all the compilation tracks are LOW QUALITY (standard minus -)!
I won't give a full review since I already spent money for this low quality release and I won't spend my time to give it full review.!
even Chi A.D (the best in this compil) : one of the bad tracks Chi A.D ever released IMO (most of the track is in mono nearly , so it is not cool to listen with headphones!).
Overall:really bad release from "BOOM!"
sorry , but I CAN'T recommend it! "BOOM!",I hope next time "BOON" will release something more quality! will they ?!

whatever I really didn't like it !

3.5/10

what if everyone of us will think positive about peace ?

DJs can fly!
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Jan 31, 2003 14:35
so why u bought it ???           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 31, 2003 14:47
my own problem.
anyway I have my own connections to buy originals in low prices , and I also have money...so I buy cds.
because I like to buy
and I like to hear/play in the best quality as much as possible .
and mostly because I love to pick cds without listen to them (I love surprise).

and because I like to give review for people like u ,"in hope u will not be stupid as I was"

what if everyone of us will think positive about peace ?

DJs can fly!
medir
Inactive User

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jan 31, 2003 14:57
...sorry, that u don t like it...it isn t top notch quality, oke, but there are some nice trkx.

normally i don t post in the review-section (...i m sooo bad in reviews...), but i have to interfere *smile*

- rastaliens deep dive is one of there best trkx, reminds me to the old infected-style...

- quantum state is a nice guitar trk (...don t like guitars ? )

- chiAD spacy at the beginning and groovy @ the end.

overall not the mind-twisting (---> more full on ) compi, but i like the arrangement of the trkx and...DEEP DIVE

...boOOom           experiment !
make it your motto day and night.
experiment,
and it will lead you to the light.
the apple on the top of the tree
is never too high to achieve,
so take an example from eve...
experiment !
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 31, 2003 15:12
u really want me to give a real review to these!

Quantum State - Q Generation , i don't want to piss off here... but it sounds bad ! very bad mix!
u call it guitar track ? (u really mean that?)

Rastaliens - Deep Dive , now I don't have nothing about sounds like infected ( infected have great sound ) , this the track have old sound quality !
its sounds like bad REMIX for infected (not like infected ,but a remix for...)

about Chi AD , I a lready said , this is nice , but it almost full mono half of the track , and in the middle it becomes housy !
I love chi AD , but this is one of the bad.

Some of the tracks sounds like pure tracker.
I think boom should recognize the bad quality , and help the artists to learn more about mixing/sound quality before they release it. IMO          what if everyone of us will think positive about peace ?

DJs can fly!
Tatsu

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 31, 2003 23:52
well, i myself like this comp a lot. the fractal glider track is funny and crazy. don't like the second and the third track too much. there are much more noises than real melodies. but the rastaliens track is absolutely top notch! my favourite track i heard from them so far (and i do have the album...). i also think that it is a little infected like. track nr. 6 to 8 i have to listen a littel bit more, i couldn't build a true opinion about them. but the chi-ad track is also very good. it's a little in a different style than the two track released on vinyl, not so old-school like. but still melodic and nice.           Something 'bout those little pills - Unreal the thrills they yield - Until they kill a million brain cells - I'm going down to... La La Land!
(Green Velvet: La La Land)
andrejcid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Feb 8, 2003 15:30
i also did enjoy this compilation although not as much as some others released by boom rec.

well, i liked fractal glider's track and currently i'm not able to judge which one is better since i like the both, the original and rmx of chasing ganesh.

twisted hobo is a very solid track as well...psykovski power! and one of my favorites here is rastaliens track!!!this one is a very nice track with lots of melodies(not cheesy ones) and as far as i'm concerned it doesn't have anything to do with IM, it is just the pure stile of rastaliens, a bit more melodic though.
other track that i was quite impressed by, well it actually is my favourite one, is scraped sunday by audialize & mind manipulation. this one is a bit darker and it is the track where the cd starts geting some darker touch , continued with neoris' track.
about the other 2 i don't know what to say since nothing got my attention in them.
whereas chi ad track is deffinitely NOT one of the best he has produced, but it yet is nice, very relaxing, it would work nice in the sunny mornings.

although its not one of their best releases, boom rec continued the tradition in releasing some nice tunes. my final verdict would be 7/10           Why u little !!!
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Feb 16, 2003 00:25
I was also quite disappointed with the compilation.

My favorites are Transdriver and Fractal Glider (awesome intro )           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ice-O-Lator - (BOOM! 2003) :(

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance