Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ibojima: Morning Glory (CD) -Yellow Sunshine Explosion- (2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ibojima: Morning Glory (CD) -Yellow Sunshine Explosion- (2006)

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 30, 2006 03:56
YELLOW SUNSHINE EXPLOSION
Ibojima:
Morning Glory (CD)

1. Alcaloids From Here
2. Morning Glory
3. Berzerk feat. Txiki Shaman
4. Organic Visions
5. Computerized
6. Nature Elements
7. Voices From Above
8. Ocean Waves
9. Caps Of Ambience

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/yse/yse1cd098.html

Aaaaaaaaah another release who caresses my ear, well the album is called morning glory so I think you can expect what kind of trance this will be…
This album is indeed concept morning fullon, but indeed morning, very good when the sun is rising @ an open air festival, happy melodies and smooth climaxes…
The fact is comparing to other morning fullon artist ibojima isn’t that super fast at all… it’s very subtitle morning fullon in baseline and is melodies, softly surfing on the sounds, enjoying each sound, the formula is still the typical morning fullon formula like we are experiencing it as mainstream psy trance the latest 3 years…
Although it’s very morning it’s imo not cheesy at all, ibojima manages to keep it just under the level of being over the top and subtle creates each sound over and over…
The patterns of baselines change a lot, not in the tracks, they usually use the same pattern they choose in each track but suddenly create another pattern when a new track starts…
Like most morning trance tinted this is very one layer, one happy sound after another,
The advancement is a combination is little rastaliens speaking sounds combined with atmospheric synths…
The whole concept is morning, this is trance created to ‘touch’ you in a specified way…
I like them, I prefer artist who don’t want to score to be the fastest or to be the most melodic on the market but just create their own concept… the baselines are sometimes very hard, a bit progressive minded but then again in other tracks pure morning fullon as we know…
What is typical, well they created their ‘sound’ and some different sounds for there advancement and use it over and over again in each track but reformed, consequence is if you don’t like the sound you don’t like the cd, what is often with morning fullon…
Well I like the concept, it’s very good for home listening, totally not nervous, not overloaded but satisfaction at the right moment…

Well done ibojima

as debut release (if I’m not wrong) you score pretty good imo,

Can’ wait for the next album

grtz koen

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
psyskyskii

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 31, 2006 02:17
indeed ...very kilaa album ....will hang on to this for long time....

=======
lifes a journey ~~ enjoy the trip
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : May 31, 2006 07:00
very nice,morning album,love it           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
rumble pack / motion drive
Rumble Pack

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 31, 2006 17:59
great album from those two guys!
twisted, easy gooing morning trance..good production!

all the best...hear ya soon

hugs philip           www.myspace.com/motiondrive
http://www.myspace.com/rumblepacknaturalflowmotiondrive
Timetwister

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 16:23
1. Alkaloids from Here

We start off with some water running, some electric farts, a flute, and that's it for an intro. Bring in the bassline! The flute makes an appearance again, after which there's a break with someone trying to give this tune an ethnic feel. Fortunately it is kept to a minimum so it doesn't ruin the track. We're now halfway down the track, and only now it really starts going. Lot's of FX giving this a psychedelic pinch, great flow, and the atmosphere definately has a morning feel to it. Another break where the ethnic vocal makes a re-appearance, and then it's into morning heaven with a little melodic part thrown in for good measure. All in all it's a very formulaic tune, but it works. Not a bad opener.

2. Morning Glory *

Ok, I kind of had it with all the ethnic vocals used in tunes these days without them adding anything substantial. Well, they're back here, though like track one, fortunately not used too much. Bassline has a bit darker atmosphere. I must say I definately love the amount of groove in here. This will definately kick up some dust at the summer festivals. The track slowly builds towards a break, which for me makes me want to rip my hair out. You guessed it, the vocal's back. Again, it's short, but it feels like an intrusion on a great flow. Anyways, there's a lovely flute thrown in, and we're back on the road. The last minutes of the track clearly show why this track was named Morning Glory. This will definately put a smile on many a face! I'll overlook the vocals I've heard as they are sparingly used. Kickass tune!

3. Berzerk

Ibojima teams up with Txiki Shaman for this little morning stomper. The intro is blessedly devoid of any ethnic vocals, so my fingers are crossed this track won't be spoiled. Decent intro too. Bass is thrown in, and some filtered vocals, and they work well fortunately. After a little break the track really gets going. Lots of groove in this track, it keeps on driving. But that's also where the problem lies in this track. Though it has a lot of the ingredients right, it feels rather monotone. There's not a lot going on besides the groove doing the business. The string work is not really all that interesting. Too bad, cause there was some potential for this track to get somewhere.

4. Organic Visions

Ah, this is how I like my cup of morning trance. Lots of FX, a mysterious, haunting atmosphere, great drive. There comes a break.....and what the hell is that?!? A remake of terminator? They actually recycled the terminator soundtrack. Well, they're forgiven. For one, it actually brought a smile to my face, and two, it only lasted a couple of bars. The track is back on course, and I'm digging where it's going. The first track where I actually like the samples they used. The last couple of minutes it all comes together in a satisfactory rundown that gets your feet moving. Decent.

5. Computerized

Well, the album till now fortunately managed to stay clear from being fluffy, but it seems we have to dip our toes in those waters with this track. A string that would have Tiesto drooling like a little baby pretty much dominates the first five minutes, after which it gets a bit more full-on, but it lacks atmosphere or spirit. It doesn't go anywhere, and it will definetely not pick you up after a night of stomping on the darker arts of psy. A half-hearted attempt at best.

6. Nature Elements

We're greeted by another one of those infamous ethnic vocals as an intro to a track that seems to be the fastest on the album. The track somehow reminds me of a crossbreed between Protoculture and Wizzy Noise. There's a definate drive to this track and a lot of subtle string work. Sounds great doesn't it? Unfortunately this track suffers from the same syndrom as track five. It lacks variation, and it doesn't really go anywhere. It's better than track five, but only because it has a bit more drive to it. Nothing special here really.

7. Voices from above*

With this track Ibojima seems to redeem himself. This is a great morning stomper where all the elements to make a great trip are present. It's fast driving dancefloor fodder. It has loads of groove, and pretty much lacks a whole lot of melody, which works great in this track. This is a track I'd love to hear on one of the festivals this summer. Will sure as hell get the crowd moving.

8. Ocean Waves*

We're back in the realm of subtle string wiork, and I must say this track stands out on the album in that department. There's a great energy going on here, supported by a driving bassline which makes my head go up and down uncontrollably. Might have something to do with the tray of red-bull I just consumed. Anyways, the track keeps on goin and manages to retain the energy and drive, without getting too cliche'd. Again, it is pretty formulaic, but why try to change something if it actually works. And that it does. Excellent track in my book!

9. Caps of Ambience.

Well, the closing track is what is considered an obligatory slice of ambient down-tempo chillage. If acoustic guitars, pan-flutes and laid back grooves is your thing, you'll love this as a closing track. For me it didn't work too well, though musically this track might even be considered one of the better of the album. It felt a bit fake to me. Like the track is posing as something really deep, without actually being so. It just didn't stick.

Favorites: 2, 7, 8(!)

Rating: 7/10

All in all I'd say this is a decent piece of morning fodder. There's three tracks that really do the business, four that are ok, and two that really shouldn't have been on the album whatso-ever in my book. Yes it is formulaic, yes it pretty much has been done before, but the production is good, there's some sick tracks that'll get the floor burning, so it pretty much does what it aims to do: get people moving. Besides that the album manages to stay clear of getting too fluffy (most of the time). If only producers would stay away from the ethic vocal samples, they are starting to bum me out.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 16:51
Quote:

On 2006-06-01 16:23, Timetwister wrote:
If only producers would stay away from the ethic vocal samples, they are starting to bum me out.

Amen to that. That's why I'm not buying this one. There isn't enough here to warrant a purchase in my book. Average at best and the ethnic sampling bugs the hell out of me.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
veridia

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 2, 2006 08:53
I have to say, I was stunned by the terminator melody in organic visions. And computorized has this mysterious element that reminds me of some movie too, but I feel like I heard it from somewhere before. It's incredible as well.
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 2, 2006 18:11
this album is good choice for morning melodic full on lovers ..soft melody & bass line in all tracks ...
and i think we should stay for Acidhive's album no doubt its killer becouse he always talking about some topics that its not his taste of psy [its true that all people can say their opinion & and they are free in saying their suggests..but not like my friend 'Acidhive]!! maybe he just wants increase his post number here!! and always he gets bug from all of albums well i think he has great album that he talking about all albums like this!! or maybe he is from somewhere outer space and his taste is incridble!! no one can produce perfect album without any mistake!!
good album for first try
7.5/10
fav : 2(!),3,5(!),6,8,9
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 2, 2006 18:27
Quote:

On 2006-06-02 18:11, ..::PsySacred::.. wrote:
this album is good choice for morning melodic full on lovers ..soft melody & bass line in all tracks ...
and i think we should stay for Acidhive's album no doubt its killer becouse he always talking about some topics that its not his taste of psy [its true that all people can say their opinion & and they are free in saying their suggests..but not like my friend 'Acidhive]!! and he just wants increase his post number here!! and always he gets bug from all of albums well i think he has great album that he talking about all albums like this!! or maybe he is from somewhere outer space and his taste is incridble!! no one can produce perfect album without any mistake!!
good album for first try
7.5/10

Nice to know I'm appreciated. You just don't read the reviews where I'm positive about albums. And isn't it your philosophy to be always positive? You should read those reviews as well... What are Ibojima anyway? Friends of yours??           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 2, 2006 22:52
Quote:

On 2006-06-02 18:27, Acidhive wrote:
Quote:

and i think we should stay for Acidhive's album no doubt its killer becouse he always talking about some topics that its not his taste of psy [its true that all people can say their opinion & and they are free in saying their suggests..but not like my friend 'Acidhive]!! and he just wants increase his post number here!! and always he gets bug from all of albums well i think he has great album that he talking about all albums like this!! or maybe he is from somewhere outer space and his taste is incridble!! no one can produce perfect album without any mistake!!
good album for first try
7.5/10

Nice to know I'm appreciated. You just don't read the reviews where I'm positive about albums. And isn't it your philosophy to be always positive? You should read those reviews as well... What are Ibojima anyway? Friends of yours??

Absolutley no..if u read my review carefully u can see at the end of my review >>> 7.5/10 it means ibojima's album is typical rls...but i am wondered when u dont like full on , and u didnt listen to that album why u post something about this album or full-on?!
..u are old member at here i should respect you !
CheerS
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 12:16
its very impressive work of sweden project. not very original but indeed have some tasty pieces and nice moves. all the morning aroma is very wanted and im sure many of us will enjoy it this summer.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
joshua666daniel

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 11, 2007 10:20
Very smooth, very sexy.
Scores high in the morning hours.
Brings a smile to the face.
My 2 year old is dancing to Ibo evreyday.

Good stuff, keep it up.           "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." - Lao Tzu
veridia

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 16, 2007 14:29
Quote:

this album is good choice for morning melodic full on lovers ..

I strongly agree with this, this is an excellent album. Plus, I always liked the terminator melody, so it's nice to see it in a track.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Apr 14, 2008 03:23
This is surprisingly good. I totally overlooked this album back when it came out but gave it a fair listen just recently. There is a lot of full-on psytrance that masquerades as "morning trance" without providing much more than an energetic drive and a little melodic activity. Morning Glory successfully delivers strong melodic themes and warm morning atmospheres. Check it out if you're looking for the real sunrise sound.
stras

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 14, 2008 13:55
nice stuff here love it
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ibojima: Morning Glory (CD) -Yellow Sunshine Explosion- (2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance