Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy – The Seed - TIP Records – 2011
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hujaboy – The Seed - TIP Records – 2011

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Nov 6, 2011 15:08:08
With Hujaboy’s 6th album, after over a decade of production as Hujaboy and more so under other guises, Nir Shoshani lands a monster with this one. It is no secret that I am a Hujaboy fan, I think the music is 100% not mainstream and always highly psychedelic.
I would note though that it took me more than a single pass at this album to “get it”, but that should be credited to my current frame of mind and general “mainstream-ness” of sound I have been under lately.

Once immersed in this horror circus like theme with ridiculous, borderline psychotic musical lines and riffs – the voyage into the acid trip is instant. There are 2 mammoth tracks on this CD which stand out more than the rest: “The Seed” and “Wormhole”, with the latter being my favorite on this album. Production wise it’s Nir’s best work with influences from his Tech project and Punch Records label. There are also a few tracks which would appeal more to the masses like the Astral projection remix to One, Mid & East with Freeze, and Once upon a Trip. These tracks have a more conventional baseline, but do not fall short on the psychedelic elements.
The funny thing is, I was reading the marketing babble Raja Ram wrote on the inner sleeve and was thinking to myself, “the old man has lost it in the name of $ for his label.” Boy was I wrong… The inner sleeve description of “The Seed” by Raja Ram is accurate to the letter in description of the mayhem inflicted on the listener with this album.

Well done, A+, FRESH trance music finally at the tail-end of 2011…

"On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Remy [POF]
Principles Of Flight

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Nov 6, 2011 19:29
good album, specially like "the flower" i must say however that i prefer mr nir's techno, which is insanely good!

On 2011-03-08 23:13, moki wrote:
listening only to free music is like having the free possibility to satisfy yourself with thousends of different free sexual acts.
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Nov 7, 2011 06:47
Wow,Mr. Surrender,its been years since i saw a from you

indeed,nice CD,Nir is a good producer .

I like the Mid & East with Freeze .

take care papa Surrender,greetings from Japan!

cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Nov 7, 2011 16:24
Quote:

On 2011-11-07 06:47, duyoush wrote:
Wow,Mr. Surrender,its been years since i saw a from you

indeed,nice CD,Nir is a good producer .

I like the Mid & East with Freeze .

take care papa Surrender,greetings from Japan!

cheers

* since I saw a topic from you*

Cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Nov 7, 2011 22:39
Nice Album and some really great tunes.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Nov 11, 2011 19:31
i find there is some nice vibes coming from the oldschool psychedelic detroit techno in this album
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Nov 14, 2011 15:58
Gadi lives?

I'm glad.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hujaboy – The Seed - TIP Records – 2011

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance