Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hommega Productions : VA - BPM FM Trance on Air 2 HOM1CD050
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hommega Productions : VA - BPM FM Trance on Air 2 HOM1CD050

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 22:03
HOMMEGA PRODUCTIONS : VA - BPM FM TRANCE ON AIR 2

1. Duvdev - Now Is The Time (X-Noize Rmx)
2. Astrix & Sub6 - Control Me
3. X-Noize - Rock It (Psycraft Rmx)
4. Delirious - Fast Forward to Rewind
5. Dali - Love of My Life (Rmx)
6. Xerox & Illumination - Turbulence
7. Domestic, Pixel & Intelabeam - Came as Quite a Shock
8. Black and White vs. Quantum - Time is My Enemy
9. Power Source - Get on Top
10. Wrecked Machines - High Hopes

Soon after releasing Domestic's debut album - Art Making Machine, Hommega has another package for the faithful fans who dig it's trademark style. BPM FM Trance on air 2 continues the big success of the first episode as it brings together Israels biggest psychedelic trance radio show 'Trance on air' to collaborate with the biggest leading Israeli trance label - Hommega. Hommega promises diversity in this release with a new era of massive bass lines, cross-over clubby sound with vocals, guitars and even electro beats. The CD is compiled by Guy Salama - the host of Trance on Air.

1. Duvdev - Now Is The Time (X-Noize Rmx) : X-Noize without question are one of the hottest names on the global psy circuit today. In this track we have them remixing Amit Duvdev's (one half of Infected Mushroom) old time classic - Now Is The Time. Remixing such tracks at times is quite a risk as there is a lot to live upto, lets look at what X-Noize give us in this installment. The track begins with the same themes as the original, with vocal samples being used monotously and typical Infected Mushroom squeeks, sounds and broken beats. A perfect way to begin the CD and a DJ set, taking things slowly and progressively. The first impression a dancer would form is that the whole track ambles gently, but but by the time one forms an impression, the bass dies out... From a distance, "now is the, now is the..." comes rolling into the track giving way to a massive "now!" leading to an ecstatic bassline that quite frankly put a smile on my face By now the track is in full steam as the bassline breaks into trippy broken beats. Soon everything comes to a standstill, as a repeated voice sample saying " Now is the time, take whats mine" is used. Sound effects are added to this sample progressively, as the scent of a melody begins to appear in the midst. As the volumes get louder, there is a build up that surrounds the sample and finally breaks into an epic scream, "Now is the time, take whats mine!" From here on its pure bliss, as a classic melody breaks into action. The melody finally comes to a standstill with another sample of "Now!" being utilized. The track ends with broken beats and effects being played around with. A fucking cool track IMO! 10/10

2. Astrix & Sub6 - Control Me : Second on the menu is a collaboration between argueably two of the biggest producers in the "commercial psytrance" bracket, both well known for their top notch production levels and ideas. The track has a long gentle introduction, with beats at increasing volumes coming in gradually. Right from the start, this track has a funky minimal feel to it. The track proceeds for quite some time, with a limited number of sounds, and may tend to get slightly boring. Clubby leads are put into the picture from 3:00 onwards and long breaks are one of the prominent features of this track. Production wise it is very easy to see why these guys have earned the reputation they have, crystal clear all the way. Typical Isreali full on leads are added at 4:30 which i am guessing is Astrix's contribution. Things are taken slowly with this track, time is used generously. Once things die out, a voice sample, " Control Me" begins looping over itself and gradually begins to get more and more prominent, breaking into a simple two dimensional melody that is rather housy/electro in nature. Sounds from the beginning areas of the track are used again in the latter part. Production wise brilliant, but a bit content lacking IMO. Would have loved a solo Astrix track.7/10

3. X-Noize - Rock It (Psycraft Rmx) : Now we have one of hommega's oldest recruits remixing its newest. Deep atmospheres combine with robot like voice samples, as tightly produced beats take shape. This track is also funky and slightly clubby in nature with regard to the riffs and atmospheres it creates. Long breaks are lined with multiple electronic voice samples that may cheese of some listeners. Finally a flowy bassline breaks out that is littered with sharp sound effects, with the vocal samples, "Rock It" running softly in the background. 5:20 marks the start of a melody, as a build up takes shape along with the overused sample, that eventually leads to a scream and a rather simplistic melody. The structure of this track reminded me of the structure of Duvdev - Now Is the Time (X-Noize Rmx). Another cool track with superb production. 7/10

4. Delirious - Fast Forward to Rewind : After a long phaze of silence, Delirious make a comeback, and how! The track begins with chopped up beats with breaks layered with samples saying "Pause it fast forward to rewind." Production quality yet again is tight which makes it a pleasure to listen to! Sounds are kept neat and simplistic, without too many layers, which is what makes this track so easily palatable. At 2:40 sounds die out, giving way to a grooovy bassline which spurts out subtle melodies that are used just for the right period of time. The track has a couple of long spaced out breaks, that gives the dancer time to breathe. At 4:38 trademark Delirious sounds begin as the track gets more melodic and emotional. A break gradually rises to give way to a melody that brings about melancholic feelings, definitely a great track for a late morning stomping session! Definitely one of my favorite tracks of the year. Delirious' new style rocks without a doubt! 10/10

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 22:04
5.Dali - Love of My Life (Rmx) : Flower power also happens to exist on this CD, it comes in the form of Dali, a DJane who most people would rather see than hear (IM KIDDING hehe). The track begins with tight metallic filters and quite obnoxious guitar riffs IMO. The bassline that comes in is well produced but is a bit flat for my liking. The leads and sounds used are rather cheesy as breaks give way to build ups and retro guitar riffs. A long build up gives way to a bland melody that lacks flavor, which is soon complemented with the guitar. I find it disconcerting when i ponder about how this track got onto the CD. Definitely not on par with any other tracks on this CD. Quite simply a filler i'd say. 5/10

6. Xerox & Illumination - Turbulence : My sincerest apologies if i brag about this fucking track too much. Talking about contrasts between tracks, one would laugh if they heard the Dali track after this one. Turbulence is quite an understatement, this one is a fucking beast, infact it is my favorite track of ALL TIME. Cant help but listen to it over and over again. The tracks theme is extremely megalomaniacal and egotistic in nature. The track is introduced by filtered basslines and samples of a woman saying "Not a dream." The bassline is hard and furious, as alien like atmospheres gush through the track's dimensions. Short, neat breaks give way to bassline variations with twisted vocal sounds. Things die out at 2:26 as circular loops of Xerox's trademark sound confront the listener, only to break into utter mayhem - hehe i like calling these 'evil smile' melodies Spacey atmospheres complement the hard hitting bassline, creating beautiful outdoor atmospheres and soundscapes. Cool percussion work is also audible from 4:10 that is kept simple and to the point. Illumination's influence sets in at 4:40 as linear melodies steal the show for the moment. The energy drops suddenly, as filtered basslines gradually increase in tempo giving way to the most dynamic melody of this year - here comes the ego! Wow what can i say, simply fucking amazing, drives me nuts every time i listen to it! This track is hommega's little acid element of this CD. It saddens me when tracks like this one come to an end! If there was a track that was just me, it is this one (Yidam and Fabio where art thou? ) God bless XI, you fucking rock the show! 11/10

7. Domestic, Pixel & Intelabeam - Came as Quite a Shock : There is noway Hommega is going to leave out all you amphetamaniacs out there This star studded trio collaboration is for you guys. The track is at a lower BPM than the rest, running @ 142. This one is steady and rock solid, pretty powerful kick and bass. The track is uplifting in a slightly cheesy manner with long breaks and clubby riffs. Samples saying "some pictures of the future" and "came as quite a shock" make an appearance. Broken down beats with claps and funky leads take over, as the funky voice sample runs in the background. The bliss begins at 5:12 as melodies trickle over atmospheres and begin to get progressively prominent as the track runs. A flat build up breaks into the regular bassline which is met by beautiful melodies that take the mainstage in no time. The melody swept me away somewhat. Pretty cool track overall, didnt expect less from this collaboration to be honest. 8/10

8. Black and White vs. Quantum - Time is My Enemy : Black and White has never failed to please me. Very often described as night full on in europe, this track is a contradiction to that classification. A tight bassline runs at an unusual 141 BPM, with cool female vocal layers and the sample "time is my enemy". Black and White's influence is seen in no time at 2:05 with their trademark flowery melodies. Basslines bring out deep emotions and spanking production also stands out with this track. Around half way through the track, spacey atmospheres set in, with minimal percussion work and voice samples. Melodic piano's also join the party, breaking into a melancholic melody that reminds one of the good old days One of my favorites on this CD, i felt this one should have been the last track on the CD. 10/10

9. Power Source - Get On Top : After absconding for a long time, Power Source reappears on the scene. I still maintain that his older material was far superior to what is being made today. Things sound far too cheesy for some reason. The track is however smooth and well produced with pretty cool leads and melodies. I just feel he should revert to his old style. Dont want to be too judgemental about this track, as it doesnt appeal to my tastebuds that much. 7/10

10. Wrecked Machines - High Hopes : Here we have a Spun Records recruit delivering the ending track for this compilation. They also featured on the Domestic release in the collaboration - Bloom on Day which was fabulous IMO. There isnt much time for an introduction in this track as filtered bass gives rise to a hard, pumping bassline with serene atmospheres sweeping over the place. The track is rather sober so far in terms of feelings on comparison with the other tracks on this CD. Subtle melodic influences from 3:00 definitely contradict what i said in the previous line as soft, beautiful atmospheres are created. A long break gives rise to a lengthy melodic build up that takes a twist as frequencies are fucked around in a trippy manner. The melody following the build was a slight let down, would have been cool if the same melody was re-accentuated for the remainder of the track as well. The track flows flat for a minute or so and then dies out. This one is bound to be a hit at summer festivals for sure! 9/10

Hehe the Hommega crew have done it again! Standards havent dropped by the least, infact the quality of releases just keep getting better and better. For those of you who are happy with the typical Isreal formula just like me, this CD is definitely worth its money, infact its worth buying this CD just for Xerox and Illumination - Turbulence ok lets stop with that now. Quite a few stinkers lined up from Hommega's side for 2007 including the Astrix album "Red Means Distortion." Keep your eyes and ears open, enjoy!

Rajat

Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 00:10
I just feel so happy to see power Source back!

Ray Zed

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 01:44
standard hommega compilation...no doubt this will get played and played and played again in the clubs. i cant really see myself enjoying much of this cd outside a club situation. there are only a few tracks that really stand out to the rest of the hommega dribble here.

fav tracks: 7!,8,10!!
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Dec 22, 2006 13:06
Very nice V/A , FUll on MOrning stuff produced by Delirious , X.I , Wrecked machines,Black and white Vs Quantam r my Fav in this V.A.
Track by xerox and Illumination is complete madness always killer production
ALl the best to all the artist and HOMMEGA PRODUCTIONS           0x00000PSy
Ah-sid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 22, 2006 13:53
very nice trak selection by Hommega crew.good floor stompers.but not sure if it'l do the same outdoors.anyways good trippy bouncy traks for the weeknd house parties and club scene.....
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hommega Productions : VA - BPM FM Trance on Air 2 HOM1CD050

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance