Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hippies With Gadjets - Master Margherita (Peak Records) 2009
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hippies With Gadjets - Master Margherita (Peak Records) 2009

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jun 30, 2009 19:16:30
Title: Hippies With Gadjets
Artist: Master Margherita
Label: Peak Records
Date: 05/2009
Tracks: 11
Mastered by: Jake Perrine
Cover Art: Pchela; Artwork and Design by Ajja, and Tanina Munchkina.
Cat. #:PEA1CD017

HIPPIES WITH GADJETS

01 – Deep Chandi – 11:35
02 - Orange – 6:34
03 - Koto - 7:03
04 – Binghi Dub - 5:44
05 - Antaris – 10:17
06 – La Mela – 6:11
07 – Zwi Musik – 4:51
08 – Super Dry - 5:37
09 – La Sublime – 6:23
10 – Opus 5 – 5:12
11 – For Aldo – 9:14

Hippies With Gadjects is the second solo album of Master Margherita, and the person behind this project is Moreno. Moreno is a versatile person who is involved in several projects - like the case of The Peaking Goddess Collective; making music with other artists; composing trance tunes; and as well co-managing the Swiss label, Peak Records.

This is the seventeenth release of Peak Records, and it shows a pretty long longevity that in my point of view can only be achieved through quality releases all over these years, some more well succeed other´s not so well, but the bottom line, is: all of the music released on this label is carefully chosen to please the listener – I have the luck of possess several of their CD´s, and I can assure quality is always present, either sonic either visual.

To listen to this album is to be exposed to music from around the globe, several styles, and so many sonorities – pure blissful piece of music. You can clearly listen to any of these tracks, and immediately recognize it, associate it to a style - oriental, occidental…the mixing of this more known sonorities, the analogical with the electronic sounds, makes to me, till date, one of the best works of Margherita. The smooth sonorities are an appellative call to the relaxation of your senses.

The album begins with Deep Chandi (T1), and right away you are aware of what to expect of the album; smooth sounds, some work on analogical percussive elements, and interesting clichés on the electronic leads. Orange (T2), lights up a little bit things and it comes to you with certain elements of lounge, and of course the guitar notes are just perfect, and in some way recall me Pink Floyd atmosphere. Koto (T3) is the track I associate with Oriental style - some acidic rain, blended with some melodic sublime flute sounds, and typical Chinese string instruments. Binghi Dub (T4) has some Ska/Reggae elements, and the bass line, I must say, is just great. And once more the solo notes of the guitar are a candy! Antaris (T5) is probably at the same time, the most melancholic tune of the whole CD, as well has the trippier. It possesses some weirdo leads, and flows in a slow tempo, and some resonances are out of tune, that confers a strange temper. The guitar comes on vague and long sounds. The tune more to the end suffers a small twist and becomes more dynamic and rhythmic. La Mela (T6) is an experimental tune, lots of little sounds and tricks – Moreno plays with it very well. With Zwi Musik (T7) there´s a return to lounge landscapes, and smooth relaxed sounds. Super Dry (T8) is a magnificent voyage through Egyptian mysticism, (because of the flute sounds, my mind took me to those thoughts) and its secrets, blended with some male samples; and I find these samples very, very strange. La Sublime (T9) basically is a tune, with soft and long leads, and it drives your mind into resting. Opus 5 (T10), is a unification between sounds of the nature, birds, rain, forest, wind, with some leads on the background, combined with sounds more upfront. For Aldo (T11) is the last track, and the third longest. It doesn´t contain too many sounds, and follows a soft and silky line of sound, relaxation is the key word. Some string instruments, flute sounds and some long and blurred leads compose the final tune.
The mastering of the CD was made by Jake Perrine.

The art was made by Pchela, while the Artwork and Design by Ajja, and Tanina Munchkina.

So to conclude my review I just want to say that I have found in this album one of the best works of Moreno. I believe the simplicity, in which the tracks present themselves, make this an album so easy to reach the listener. The experimentation, the search for untried elements, the twisted leads, the analogue instruments make this a worth buying album. There are some good gems in here for the Chill Out/ Ambient DJ as well. There´s music for every taste, and there is great diversity. Recommended album.
Favorites: 1(!), (2!!), 3(!!), 7(!), 8(!), 10(!)
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Jul 7, 2009 11:52
oh man you just sold yourself a cd
i liked margherita's first album alot and have been a pretty regular listener of his sets, will definitely try and check this one out soon           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hippies With Gadjets - Master Margherita (Peak Records) 2009

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance