Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hidria Spacefolk - Violently Hippy rmxs (Exogenic Breaks - May 2004)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hidria Spacefolk - Violently Hippy rmxs (Exogenic Breaks - May 2004)

Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Sep 29, 2004 09:36
1. Possible Apple: Terra Hidria
2. Man From Hidria: Kaneh Bosm
3. Kiwa: Nasha Universo
4. Ghettoblaster: Sindran Rastafan
5. Accu: Kaneh Bosm
6. Texas Faggott: Agents Entropos part 1
7. Texas Faggott: Agents Entropos part 2
8. LB: Amos Ame
9. Stealth Unit Sound Collective: I-mantra
10. Reuna: Pangaia

Lately there haven't been too many releases that caught my ears instantly. Usually, even if they are good, it takes me about 2-3 listenings till I "realize" it's a good one.
Let's leave side the fact that for me anything being released from Exogenic Records is pure gold (including Exogenic Breaks), this one was crowned a top 10 immediately.

Hidria Spacefolk is actually a progressive spacerock band. Our Finnish friends have decided to remix their songs into different electronic styles and release it in this compilation. This c.d cannot really be defined as a specific electronic genre. It's not even totally electronic. It's more like a fusion between many music styles. You can find funky jazz, dub, breakbeat, electrobeat and more. At times more oriental sounds and at times more "European" sounds. But still, throughout the whole c.d you can hear a very distinctive psychedelic influence.
With many appetizing names such as Texas Faggott, Kiwa, Possible Apple and even a track by one of the Hidria Spacefolk guys (Man from Hidria), this compilation is a true candy for the refined music lovers.
Not a dancefloor c.d, excellent for home listening.
I never rate but this one deserves a 10/10.
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Sep 29, 2004 19:11
hooray candy!

finally somebody reviews this smashing
compilation. it's probably the best one that
exogenic has offered so far.
personal favourites: 1,4,5!,9 and 10!

more info:

http://www.exogenicbreaks.com/discography/default.asp?cat=3&id=73

sound snippits:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4073

enjoy!
psunspot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Sep 29, 2004 21:37
ya ya ya!!!

this is a fantastic release. really diverse and creative.
i like all the tracks, but i'm with Jurgen on # 1,4, 9.
i also love the TF tracks. twisted stuff.
i played almost everything off of here the morning/afternoon of the burn as my camp mates were resting up for the evening festivities. quite a number of folks inquired as to what was playing.
and it was the first thing i put on in the car after goagil last weekend.

stellar stuff

thanks exogenic for all that you do
Reece
Neuron Compost

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Sep 30, 2004 07:43
absolutely amazing compilation. exogenic deliver the goods once again! (can these guys put a foot wrong!?!?!?! me thinks not! )

i already love the original hidria musics, so to hear them re-worked and remixed into electronica-dom by some great finnish artists takes these already boundless tracks into another dimension!

almost all of the tracks do it for me in some way (except the faggs tracks funnily enough - cuz i usually love anything the faggs touch! - , but their remixes seem a bit too random and out of place on this comp. compared with the other stuff....)

special mentions to:
the possible apple remix (very powerful track!!! - couldve been longer tho, and perhaps some kinda change to give it more movement)

LB remix - funky housey goodness!!! perfect afternoon music on a dusty australian summer dancefloor

Reuna remix - holy shit!!!! the start is so awkward and un-nerving,..... but when those melodies in the chorus kick in,...... no wordz!

to sum it up: brilliant.
10 out of 10
eXuUs
Exuus

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 30, 2004 13:41
yeah great cd really strange that somebody post this review only now ...           www.exuus.com
azz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Oct 1, 2004 01:36
Truly amazing release!
Thank God for Exogenic Records!!           ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø, Gi'iwa//MuddyPigsº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Oct 1, 2004 07:38
Oh what an amazing release. I can't stop listening to it. It's just genious!!!
Every track is excellent, I can't say there's a track that is average here.
And yes, the Possible Apple remix is just too good to be true.

Thank u thank u thank u Jacob.           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Alek

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 1, 2004 21:47
Quote:

On 2004-10-01 01:36, azz wrote:
Truly amazing release!
Thank God for Exogenic Records!!

Couldn't agree more...           How am I supposed to hallucinate with all these swirling colors distracting me!
K.T.E

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 2, 2004 01:13
Great release indeed. One of the best cds I bought this year for sure.
!wIze-gUy!

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 16, 2005 03:19
i really think this one is great... cant stop listening to the tracks

i really love 1,3,6,7 c'mon exogenic bring us some of your Artist to the holy land!!
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : May 13, 2006 05:38
Really good if you're up for something different... the variety presented here is quite staggering! Expected everything and the kitchen sink except for psytrance as we know it... but who cares - you put this one on for a different kind of trip.
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : May 14, 2006 02:25
I love this cd although for some reason I dont listen very often. There are some cheesy elements (there is one track with kind of a reggae sound and the lyrics are very cliché sounding, something about "a helping hand for all the needy"). All in all it is a very good cd, as I recall I voted for one of the tracks as best remix last year. I had never heard of Hidria Spacefolk before this review (always wondered whose tracks those remixes were remixes of), now I will have to check out the band Hidria Spacefolk.
Great CD 8.5/10, last track 10/10
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hidria Spacefolk - Violently Hippy rmxs (Exogenic Breaks - May 2004)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance