Trance Forum » » Forum  Brazil - HELP!
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

HELP!

Dicey

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 1, 2006 14:49
Hello all you Brazilians!

I live in Mozambique, Africa. A few of my friends and I are wanting to come to Brazil next year for about 3 weeks. We want to catch as many outdoor psy festivals as possible while we are there. The best time for us to come would be around June/July or after that. I am having a difficult time trying to get information on what festivals are where, and which ones are worth going to. I have looked at all the sites that were provided as help for people like me on this site, but as yet, even though all those parties look amazing, what I really need is someone who knows most of the fests in Brazil and can assist us with information as to which ones we just should not miss!

We're all crazy about John 00 Fleming and would be so happy to see him play out there in Brazil (which he tells me is the best party place in the world!)

I know this is a long shot, but i would really appreciate some help. English or portuguese replies would be fine! Thanks

Ciao
Maya
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Dec 1, 2006 15:37
Hi,

maybe this link can help u

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/93389/forum/27

if u want more information, u can PM me.

Regards.
Dicey

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 1, 2006 18:14
Hey Maya
Thanks for that. I have looked at that thread you gave the link to in great detail.
It's easy to find a whole lot of parties on the web.
What i am trying to do here is find someone who basically follows the scene so well in Brazil that they know of, say, 4 or 5 fantastic festivals which happen all over Brazil within the space of 3 weeks. I've looked at J00F's site on his tour to Brazil last year and this is the only info i can find..see no names of festivals?! It's confusing!

--Do you know the name of an outdoor festival in Riberio Preto in June?

--Juiz de Fora outdoor festival in June?

--Brasilia (in a park on the outskirts of the city near a lake filled with people partying on power boats)

--Belo Horizonche in June

--Huge party in Sao Paulo in June (25000+ people)

--Curitiba in June (Is this the Chemical Music Festival??)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I really am sure it will all come together as time goes on, but because i live in the middle of nowhere and because it literally takes ages to plan a trip by aeroplane out of here, I have to start soon!

Thanks again!
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Dec 2, 2006 00:15
Hi Dicey.
Festivals here means parties lasting for 3 or more days, which won't happen all together. I think there are at most 10 festivals per year in the whole country, so it is impossible to have "4 or 5 fantastic festivals which happen all over Brazil within the space of 3 weeks".

So, with luck you can attend to one Festival while you're here. Then you'll have to go for one day parties, which usually are much worse. I mean, there are big commercial parties with 20.000+ people, killarghhhh line up, but they are not the place for a proper psychedelic experience IMO. But I think you should check at least one or two of these Big events to reach your own conclusions.

I strongly recommend you to do your best to attend at least one "real" Festival (3 days or more of non-stop music) and to try to go to at least one small underground party (which are usually rare). After that, check some Big Parties (commercial) to have an idea of what happens there.

Most of the info you'll need will be posted on this "Brazil Section" as soon as the organizers decide to promote their events, so stay tunned here, read the threads, start building your own opinion about the parties and their organizers.

Good luck.
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
_Vanessa_

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 7, 2006 01:50
baladaplanet.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Brazil - HELP!

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance