Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - HEADPHONE's AMPLIFIER to pair with the BEYERDYNAMIC DT 880 600 ohm?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

HEADPHONE's AMPLIFIER to pair with the BEYERDYNAMIC DT 880 600 ohm?

Alternative Therapy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 1, 2014 19:12:32
Hello my friends!

I'm going to buy the Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm headphones (which I hope that they will be good for producing psytrance- if anyone has a different opinion please let me know) So I'm now looking for a headphone's amplifier to pair with the DT 880 600 ohm, as I believe that my RME babyface won't be powerful enough to drive these headphones. Which amplifier would you recommend? My budget is between £150 and £200

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Upollo

Posted : May 1, 2014 19:50
I bought these headphones a year ago (and I'm quite happy with them) and use my external soundcards as amp.

Boosts the volume sufficiently for me to produce (@home).

My soundcards: DMX6fire USB and Steinberg UR22.

Alternative Therapy

Posted : May 1, 2014 20:36
Quote:

On 2014-05-01 19:50, Upollo wrote:
I bought these headphones a year ago (and I'm quite happy with them) and use my external soundcards as amp.

Boosts the volume sufficiently for me to produce (@home).

My soundcards: DMX6fire USB and Steinberg UR22.

Thanks for replying. Have got the 600 ohm version? I'm surprised. Everybody says that an external amp is nearly a must to drive this bad boys...perhaps they pair well with your soundcards...but with the RME babyface many users say that an amp is really needed...
Upollo

Posted : May 1, 2014 21:12
Good thing you're doublechecking. I checked the specs and mine's 250 Ohm. Apparently, this version comes with various impedances.

Given the amplification I get, I'd say you'll probably need an amp for yours.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - HEADPHONE's AMPLIFIER to pair with the BEYERDYNAMIC DT 880 600 ohm?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance