Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Greed - Greeds Temptation (ACDC 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Greed - Greeds Temptation (ACDC 2006)

olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 18:51
i think it's a quite nice album
i didn't dig all the tracks and indeed the sound production is not one of the best around, but greed hasn't been known for his incredible engineering skills and it didn't seemed to hurt anyone till now so why bother so much ?
of course we could expect something a bit different than his usual style but it's a debut album so i find it quite normal to stick to the style that made his name
greed has always been powerfull progressive house, based on big loops, big bass and guitars
there are quite a few hilights and i find this album quite "timeless" while other new tunes like glamour to kill try to be way too trendy(tune wich btw i find quite gross,and i still wonder where the glamour is hidden in this track... ) and will be forgotten in a few months(maybe a year) when this style will have done its time...while this album is pure progressive house, and it may sound old( does "out of trend" means old? ), but i m sure it will last longer than the trends...
very nice and enjoyable music in the end, i like it :)
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 19:40
i just wanted to precise that the glamour to kill rmx would have been, in my opinion, a very nice track without that terrible voice(trends, trends, trends) while the music is 100% pure classic greed ... but this is off topic
Pip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 20:33
I didn't have clue who Greed was until 6 weeks ago..
a friend of mine is doing partys at a club in Stockholm called Tribalism. It was a release-party along with Anti.. and i must say.. that the dude *Rocked* it was a really good night..
bought my cd there, and i must admit that its not half as good as i remebered it.. (Dar'n alcohol playing tricks again) but its ok! in my opinion.. Perfect to have in the background while vacuming.. or doing the dishes..           "The Only Good System.. IS A GOOD SOUNDSYSTEM!"
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 22:59
I also think this album is not bad, but its not great either.. I also expected something more from greed... too bad..

appart from the track with absolut, which I already liked from va street art, I also like ´rolling hills´.. reminds me a bit of Martin H - Leia

anyways, to compensate this cd´s partial dissapointment, I was pleasantly surprised with Dousk - D.I.Y , which I only heard the other day..
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Mar 18, 2006 06:24
Quote:

On 2006-03-17 22:59, sherlockalien wrote:

anyways, to compensate this cd´s partial dissapointment, I was pleasantly surprised with Dousk - D.I.Y , which I only heard the other day..

A fecking wicked cd that has been making me smile for months... everyone should own it!!!! NOW!!!!
          http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
Rui Ferreira
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Mar 18, 2006 13:51
yes, this album it's cool
Bakke
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 01:07
According to Tobi the album sounds exactly the way he wanted it to.

...and with Paul van Dyk charting the Atmos remix at number ten in his latest chart and John 00 Fleming giving the album 5 out of 5 (see below) it seems like the sound quality issue is just a matter of personal references.

Review by John 00 Fleming:
Greed 'Greeds temptation' ACDC

Here we cross boundaries between Progressive and Trance, so I'm going to review it here! Having DJ's like Nick Warren, Howells, Tiesto & PVD supporting this justifies my case. This album is a giant leap forward for dance music offering groundbreaking music. No thrilly bits just pure raw music aimed for the underground dancefloor (5/5)           ------------~~---------~~--------------
http://www.myspace.com/bakkelit
http://www.echoes-records.com
------------~~---------~~--------------
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 16:37
hmm tiesto pvd? sorry but that doesnt make such a good case for me. But I'm searching for groundbreaking sounds in psychedelia so we might be looking for something different           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
tokyoeye

Offtopic posts:  1
Posted: Mar 21, 2006
aje music felling taste...

Whaoou....it's so small, like his little dick...

Aje, the justify man....(i'have, i'have)....

shut up man and listen music....
Rui Ferreira

Offtopic posts:  1
Quote:

On 2006-03-21 16:29, tokyoeye wrote:
aje music felling taste...

Aje, the justify man....(i'have, i'have)....

shut up man and listen music....

FUCK NAZIS!!!!!!!!!!!
aje

Offtopic posts:  2
Quote:

On 2006-03-21 16:29, tokyoeye wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately its not as big as those gargantuan monsters you are used to taking through the backdoor. I suspect I wont be able to give you all the "fulfillment" that it takes to really satisfy you

Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
NeutroN
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Mar 21, 2006 18:24

Sorry but could you guys please keep with the review of the album, some of the comments throughout this thread have been offtopic and in a way rude, I will not point out names.

Please just review the album, its fine to say rather u enjoyed it or not, but no need to be rude guys.

Luiz           "Great things are only possible with outrageous requests." Thea Alexander
Saylum
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Mar 21, 2006 19:46
Like NeutroN said, get back to topic, if I see another "degreeding" reply, the topic will be locked, and the users would have to be extra carefull since we would take very good care of them..

So please, cut the ... and get back to the topic, thanks! =) Have a great day           Peace & Love!

´·´*¨ ¯ ¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯
¸.·´* "Love.. Patiance.. Understanding.." / Trust In Trance"
Tomer
Yotopia

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 22, 2006 11:16
D NOX - i agree with u... this album is kind of a disapointment for me ...

i love greed tunes , especially the more dark atmosphere deep trax ...

this one i think aim to the avarage proggrasive , which is a shame , cause i think thier older stuff is much more than avarage ...
          visit us on myspace.com/yotopia
Dushan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 22, 2006 18:42
Not bad album as many of r saying it is ... ok no so major hits like strange love etc etc ... but track with kasey taylor is nice, also kns rmx, Nihil Nulla ... production is not the best ...but what a hell, there are much worst release than this ... all our disapoitment are comming from the fact that we was expecting some major earthquacke from Greed with this, and instead of that we just get very dissent album, not the best from Tobi, but like i said there are many many worst album than this one ... from me one big respect and i am still hoping on that major earthquacke from Greed           myspace.com/audionova
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Greed - Greeds Temptation (ACDC 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance