Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Goa Gil may 21st 2005 Asheville, NC

mandelbrot

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 20, 2005 06:51
wow, everyone is so excited about this!
It is so bad I don't have a car and the bus was cancelled... my emotes will be
plese please anyone help me with the ride, I'll pay you as for a bus.
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : May 20, 2005 19:48
my ride just fell through if anyone in NYC or philadelphia is out there and has space for two please pm or call me 201 982 4299. . .will cover expenses bring good vibes and music. . .

THanx a million in advance

-Zev           ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : May 20, 2005 20:02
also- - -my friends want to take a bus to asheville from greensboro does anyone know how they can get to deerfields from asheville bus station.. . .thank you again....           ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : May 20, 2005 21:20
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am jealous... dance for me           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
dopey576
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : May 21, 2005 01:01
Ahhh just leaving

Steve-o will see ya there!

GIL!!!!!!!!! MADNESS!

ToO mUcH pReSsUrE oN tHe BrAiN
Lars

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 21, 2005 12:25
so los geht`s
juhuuuuuuuuuu ;-}
daya

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 21, 2005 15:08
today everyone there will be destroyed by this "BAD BABA", he won't let you resting while you there... I am also jealous can't be there, also don't miss the hi-degree audiophile etno-ribe set by Arianna! stay freak, twisted and sparks!           founder http://www.enkienterprise.com
founder http://www.blacksheephybrid
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : May 21, 2005 22:11
Hope everyones havin a rockin time down there, im with you in spirit even tho my broke ass couldnt get down there in person
miEtek

Posted : May 21, 2005 22:52
well we getting ready daya
leaving any minute see u very soon           na kopcu Kosciuszki za sterami Komandor.OrZech..
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 22, 2005 04:46
I watched Liquid Crystal Vision in memorial of the kickass time I am sure ensued from this event. Can't wait to hear reviews and pictures and finally number of hours Mr. Gil spin
krisamadhi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : May 23, 2005 23:35
Many thanks and blessings to all who attended our goa gil party here in asheville, nc!
What unbelievable time we all experienced together.
Gil ripped a hole in the earth thur the night and reached down and pulled us back to the light as
sunrise awakened us.
Thank you all so so much it meant everything to us to see you all have such a good and pleasant time.
Special thanks to Devotee and fuzzikitten for all the deco work. To kevin, aastral, don, hal, george, and allana for getting the fire set up.
A most heart felt thanks to tranceform venus for an amazing ritual. The amazing visual projection and bamboo temple by craig, raymond, josh and daniel! Lou, James and ryan for the doofing sound system!
For Rachel, nicole, derby, don and chris for working the door as much as they did.
For all the people who helped clean up at the end. To Deerfield's for having the best spot on earth and for letting us use their magical space!

powwow at deerfields sept. 23-25, 2005

Keep on doofing!
see you all at gaian mind!!
          Kri
Mastering and Mixing Service:
http://audiovalvemastering.com/
Music:
http://www.djkri.com http://www.touchsamadhi.com
m-it brown

Posted : May 24, 2005 01:09
Operation: TIME WARP accomplished. When I got home, I felt like Dorothy waking from her dream in OZ. The deerfields are f'n incredible. It's the emerald city, if it were made of trees and foliage (and trippy blacklight art). Gil didn't just drop a house on the witch, he picked it up again and wailed on the floor all night, like an over zealous infant with a building block. Thank you Gil and Touch Samadhi for the amazing experience.

ps- My DnB buddy was amazed as well. He posted pics at heavyrotationrecords.net           If there's one thing I know, it's not to mess with mother nature, motha-love, and motherf^@%ing psytrance!
dopey576
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 24, 2005 01:37
just recovering from the trip back to indiana

WOW what a PARTY!

Gil just tore deerfields apart!

location was fantastic! you couldnt ask for a more beautiful, shanti place for a psychedelic trance experience. untouched nature and a very special vibe in the ground. I loved Deerfields and Ashville for the matter too. The stage was set up in an awesome place, it was like being in a valley surrounded by tall trees. It was also nice to have the stream on the side!

The sound system was crazy! crystal clear sound - loud as hell - perfectly fitting for Gil's multilayered insanity! A nice change from the times when Gil played at disco valley where the sound system was HUGE but not as clear.

The music was simply AMAZING! Gil ripped out one of the darkest most powerful sets I have heard. I was listening from when he started (10 pm i think) till about 12 in the afternoon. My legs couldnt take it after that and I had to get at least 2 hrs sleep before I began the roadtrip back to bloomington. From midnight till 6 am Gil just went mad. Amazing track selection - every track taking you on a different tangent - FLAWLESS mixing. I hate people who judge Gil - but i have to say that he is a GENIUS on the mix. His mixing style is different from other Djs (as is his music) and is PHENOMENAL. I loved the way he twisted the basslines together and was able to do this for hours and hours and hours. Kudos baba Gil. I loved the music.

The Touch Samadhi crew and everybody involved with the party - THANKS YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You guys set it up so well. Devotee - nice to meet you and I have to say your backdrops were stunning and set the scene for Gils wrath. Whoever was doing the visuals - my fucking god - twisted shit! I loved the visuals - went very well with the music. You guys pulled off one hell of a party. The organisers were very nice and helpful and set the atmosphere very well.

I debated on whether to include any criticism in this post because i had such a great time. I wish the people at the party got into the music a little more. I knew what I was in for when I drove 8 hrs to get there - complete darkness for hours on end. I think some didnt realise this is Gils style - pure psychedelic music and were expecting the bouncy morning beats to kick in (which I do love listening to as well). Due to this there were often only 10-15 people dancing and not much of a vibe on the floor. But saying that the freaks like me who didnt let up the whole night you guys were awesome!

A magical experience over all. Could not have been done with out very careful planning and organising and ofcourse the sinister BABA GIL!
SoNiC B0oM
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : May 24, 2005 02:57
where does one begin to comment on the party... dopey summed up pretty much all i wanted to say.. absolutley fukin brilliant. i was just blown away by deer fields.. such an amazin location, was sureal.
The sound system was insane.. what clarity at all angles on the dance floor, and on the hill where we had set up for the eve...

as for gil babas set... bap re bap... he just destroyed my brains and my feet.. where the hell does that music come from man.. he is just insane.. to have the stamina and the resolve to blast it for as long as he did is no wonder nanda calls him 'papa gil'... its almost as if one part of my personal trance saga is complete after witnessing the man who started it all... thank u gil baba for what it was and makin this a totally magnificent experience...

a big up to the touch samadhi crew.. not only was the organiazation of the party top notch the choice of location, amount of deco and oveall amazin vibes from the crew were fantastic. once again i must congratulat u for the ssound.. it was just perfect.

and finnaly to all the freaks that made the 'trip' down with me. nanda, konu, hock, rah, kabir, amy, skaz, rish, ken, chadda.. it was a brilliant experience to have shared with all of yall.. from the drive down, to bustin up tha dance floor to the chilla sessions by the lake... cant belive we pulled it off, and cant wait for tha next one either..
'om' nama shiva (no pun intended )

bada bing bada boooom           "Like every great religion of the past we seek to find the divinity within and to express this revelation in a life of glorification and the worship of God. These ancient goals we define in the metaphor of the present—turn on, tune in, drop out."
dopey576
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : May 24, 2005 03:50
STEVE-O ~

Good to know you guys got back safely.

Yes I did forget to thank all the people from the East Coast who I met and SoNiC BOoM mentioned. Yall were rocking and I hope we party again soon!

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Goa Gil may 21st 2005 Asheville, NC
← Prev Page
7 8 9 10 11 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance