Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - GMS in NYC Apr.16,2005
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

GMS in NYC Apr.16,2005

mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 14, 2005 07:20
Hey you New Yorkers and East Coasters! GMS is coming to Avalon this weekend.

http://www.clubplanet.com/mailer/2005/04/avalon-0416/

Thought you might be interested.

-dean
Sahil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Apr 14, 2005 19:29
Cant wait to hear these guys, probably one of the best names in psy-trance today. Riktam and Bansi have some serious new bombs which they r goin to throw our way ...should be a nice gig for sure.
Can anyone pls post what time they would start playing and wat time would they go till?
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Apr 14, 2005 19:50
I'd be curious to see them also. There was a time period recently when their stuff was just awful pop-trance, but it seems lately they've been rediscovering the roots. Or wishful thinking maybe.

..it's just another party..
mono mono
Onnomon

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 15, 2005 01:52
I dunno...since they've hit the "big time" they're using big-time artist management (Coast-to-Coast) and aren't connected with the local promoters. This is certainly one reason why no one has made any noise about them coming. That, or nobody cares about GMS anymore. The way New Yorkers swallow that full-on i'd be suprised if that's the case. Or, perhaps no one wants to mess with Avalon, a mega-club. I'd be inclined to go just to see how the "guidos" and "chicks" respond. They probably have a really good soundsystem.

-dz

Cyzum
Cyzum

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Apr 15, 2005 15:19
I've always been a fan of their production, its always top notch - but I don't really flock to their sound like I used back in the days of Jaws..

(That track still rocks!)
SpaceShark

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 18, 2005 07:17
Any reviews from Sat. night?
Sahil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 18, 2005 08:30
They surely played like Kings... specially their live set was excellent, was waiting to hear the new version of Juice by them as i had heard alot of good stuff about it and that track didnt let me down one bit...just when u thought juice was the best production by them they have brought it back to life with much more power this time....another track that got the crowd jumping was the new father&son track i think with the sample" i am the biggest motherfuckin drug dealer in the world....i wanna get high!"
Their Dj was set was pretty good too nice to hear the 40% rmx to tainted love by marlyn manson and other smashers but some of the 1200 trash was just ruining the set.

P.S - I fuckin hate the crowd at Avalon!!
Liran, good job once again man for pulling this event off and giving us yet another big name down in the city very few organisers here give us such big names but avalon is just ruinin the entire experience now. The place is fine with good sound system but the crowd that turns up is just awful, u know wat i mean so pls if possible try and tie up with some other club in the city.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Apr 18, 2005 09:06
Quote:

On 2005-04-18 08:30, Sahil wrote:
Liran, good job once again man for pulling this event off and giving us yet another big name down in the city very few organisers here give us such big names but avalon is just ruinin the entire experience now.

this event had nothing to do with Liran.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Apr 18, 2005 09:46
I heard them play in Toronto on Friday.
Some good stuff....heard stuff from the upcomin album. The collaboration with Wrecked Machines in NutZZZ!!!
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Sahil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 19, 2005 02:21
Quote:

On 2005-04-18 09:06, Surrender wrote:
this event had nothing to do with Liran.

I think he had some involvement in it...dont know if he completly organised it or did it along with the other event managment company. But i met him at the door he was there co-ordinating everything and even inside.
future funk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Apr 19, 2005 05:29
great tunes by riktam and bansi, but as sahil said the crowd totally ruined the experience..some good track selection by them..live set was a killer..place was jam packed..toom any people.but again its avalon so can do anything about it.
yes, liran was at the door gadi..definately looked like he had something to do with the organization
BOOOOOOOOOM
LUNATIC BROTHERS

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 20, 2005 07:12
GMS good ,AVALON suck,faind som other plase for psy pati.
sachkan

Posted : Apr 29, 2005 19:41
I was @ GMS in toronto
and thier show was good but not to thier full potential
cant see how anyone wont enjoy GMS
even with a weak set that they put on i still enjoyed it
gonna see them tonight in montreal , hopefully they will play bit more darker(faster)trance then they did in T.O

wonder what type of show they will put for NY

if you go see them in europe no one is ever dissapointed by them
GMS is for sure one of the greatest in this game

sachkan

Posted : Apr 29, 2005 19:44
surrender
i got a question for you
but
first want to know
im ata dover ivrit?
if you dont understand