Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Give a Thought
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Give a Thought

Rework
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  27
Posted : Feb 22, 2015 17:48:47

This is not mastered. But im curious to know what you think?           https://soundcloud.com/peter-fh
knocz

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Mar 2, 2015 13:11
Hmm I think I should go back to work.. but I'm going to listen to this first

First impression - when the beat comes in at 0.27, it sounds out-of-key - and perhaps it might be out of key the entire tune.

About the leads it's a bit repetitive - you use the same synth patches over the entire tune and , although they are great, you could counteract them with different sounds (so maintain the midi notes, just add a new synth and A/B the current synths with the new ones in pre-defined points)

About the rhythm, same old rhythm lines, proven to work in the past but there's still a lot we can improve on this

The lead that comes in during the buildup is heavily distorted (and it sounds that way) but it's not actually screaming.. I would recommend to UP that resonance play a lot with the pre-distorting filter, and since your distortion is bringing in a lot of artifacts, use a post-distortion filter as well (without that much resonance..).
IMO you can really make the lead scream out by feeding lots of resonance into you distortion

Also you could make the tune feel more "tight" and together" by paying a little more attention to details, for instance there are some "beat breaks" where your drum loops keeps on going. If I were a drummer at this point, and everyone shut up except for me, than I would take this time to shine out me skills and do something amazing, whatever it is

Nevertheless this is a good trip. Keep it up! Make more
          Super Banana Sauce http://www.soundcloud.com/knocz
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Give a Thought

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance