Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Gaudium - Session Of Progression (Iboga Records, 2011)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Gaudium - Session Of Progression (Iboga Records, 2011)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Sep 14, 2011 08:57:15
Gaudium - Session Of Progression

Iboga Records, 2011

1. Undercover
2. High On Life
3. I've Got Something
4. In Between
5. When The Sun Rises
6. Blue Lights
7. Searching
8. Tekknobonk
9. A Smile On Your Face Makes You More Beautiful
10. Chasing Shadows

Finally some good progressive sounds from Iboga - I have to make peace with that label. I thought I gave up on it already, choosing a course for its Iboga Trance sublabel, where one can find more trancey trance when compared with the main label. On one hand it is a delicate album, on the other hand it can kick as it is supposed to. The first significant thing that throws one on his knees is the cover and the very accurate title, not to mention the slick layout of the disc itself, which was dressed in the image of an audio recording tape. Of course the music is the most important thing and the one we were given here is really good material intended for immediate and frequent consumption.

In "Session Of Progression" Andreas Wennersköld treats us with a portion of great progressive psytrance in a fine packing. I admire the author that in the flood of overdone and stylized tracks, which do not have much in common with true psy-progrressive tunes and which dive freely in the depths of boring electro and mincing house, he did not forget about the most important thing - the sense of what it really is about. Simply listen to a track like "High On Life", where we have the essence of this music, with the emphasis on energy and rhythm. Gaudium does not copy himself in subsequent tracks, providing quite diverse vibes in each of them, thus making it easier to memorize the individual tunes. Anyhow, just compare the sunny beach anthem "When The Sun Rises" and the quite gloomy "Searching" - the conclusions will draw themselves. There are also various elements that seemingly relate to the early stages of Vibrasphere's output. There is nothing else to do but to listen to these tracks while driving a car, or have a total blast at a club/open air party or on a sandy beach with them as the sonic background.

"Session Of Progression" is the perfect album for those who worry that the current progressive psytrance sank completely in the pool of house and electro, or is represented only by the secondary Zyce-Nerso-Flegma clique and the likes. Among progressive releases this album is undoubtedly a distinctive one, especially for all those who were waiting impatiently for some sort of boost as far as this genre is concerned. I am glad that someone finally woke regarding the weakened image of progressive psytrance. It is really worth having the session with this CD.

Templar / http://www.psytrance.pl

Links:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ibo/ibo1cd073.html           www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
Echoes Records
Echoes Records

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Sep 16, 2011 12:08
Great album from Gaudium.           Progress In Music!
www.echoes-records.com
www.facebook.com/echoes-records
frix

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 28, 2011 21:57
this is a very good album.
There should be way more comments here.
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Nov 15, 2011 22:43
Nice album.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
untilthereislight
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Dec 3, 2011 11:49
Yet to hear this album but your well written review has heightened my interest to hear it asap. Also can appreciate your comments on the current progressive psytrance scenario.           StarLab - Label DJ/Artist for Digital Om Productions

http://soundcloud.com/starlab-sounds
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Gaudium - Session Of Progression (Iboga Records, 2011)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance